Additional UK Etsy Account Using Same Device - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 06-23-2021

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 30%
Default Additional UK Etsy Account Using Same Device

Hello All,

Firstly I apologise to everyone if this question has been asked before as I could not find any up to date 2021 information for the UK market.

I am in the process of setting up an additional UK etsy account with a new identity under my sisters name (permission given by her of course)

I already have an existing account (NOT Banned) still running live.

I have some questions if some experienced members would be kind enough to point me in the right direction please.

1. My question is would it be safe to use my current windows 10 laptop to create an additional etsy account using my sisters details by using a different windows user account?
Without linking my current (NOT BANNED) account?

2. My sister lives 20 miles away from me. Do I need to sign up on etsy from her house or could I still do it from my house ? I heard etsy are very advanced and do pinpoint location IP check. Is that even true?

3. Would my mobile teethering method be OK when signing up for additional etsy account and running both accounts using same tethering method (same sim card) but at different times of course.

4. If by chance the same IP comes up on both accounts when processing orders etc. Would this cause a ban? Sometimes same IP gets used many times by so many people in a geographic region so that could be a legit innocent situation I guess.

Your advice would be awesome guys. Thank you all in advance.

Hardgrafter
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2021

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 42%
Default Re: Additional UK Etsy Account Using Same Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardgrafter View Post
Hello All,

Firstly I apologise to everyone if this question has been asked before as I could not find any up to date 2021 information for the UK market.

I am in the process of setting up an additional UK etsy account with a new identity under my sisters name (permission given by her of course)

I already have an existing account (NOT Banned) still running live.

I have some questions if some experienced members would be kind enough to point me in the right direction please.

1. My question is would it be safe to use my current windows 10 laptop to create an additional etsy account using my sisters details by using a different windows user account?
Without linking my current (NOT BANNED) account?

2. My sister lives 20 miles away from me. Do I need to sign up on etsy from her house or could I still do it from my house ? I heard etsy are very advanced and do pinpoint location IP check. Is that even true?

3. Would my mobile teethering method be OK when signing up for additional etsy account and running both accounts using same tethering method (same sim card) but at different times of course.

4. If by chance the same IP comes up on both accounts when processing orders etc. Would this cause a ban? Sometimes same IP gets used many times by so many people in a geographic region so that could be a legit innocent situation I guess.

Your advice would be awesome guys. Thank you all in advance.

Hardgrafter
I see you want to get away without using any stealth principles. There's no point in having 2nd account if you are using same browser, IP, etc as the first account. You will simply link those accounts.

Always different user at least, otherwise you will be linked.

Using same IP links those accounts.

Once one of those accounts get's shut down, you're putting the second account to risk also. Diversify by using totally different info and setup.
Old 06-24-2021
Threadstarter  

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duab View Post
I see you want to get away without using any stealth principles. There's no point in having 2nd account if you are using same browser, IP, etc as the first account. You will simply link those accounts.

Always different user at least, otherwise you will be linked.

Using same IP links those accounts.

Once one of those accounts get's shut down, you're putting the second account to risk also. Diversify by using totally different info and setup.

Hello Duab, thank you for the response. I appreciate it.

My question was probably not clear, sorry about that.

What I want to ask is can we have multiple etsy accounts running from the same laptop but always operate it from different Windows User Accounts?

Everything will be different for each etsy account (cos we using different Windows User Account just like eBay Stealth) . The only thing that is the same is my laptop.

Would it still jepordise and cause links because I'm using same device?

Duab, also do I need to be at her house to create the account. She lives 20 miles away from me. Is it safe to sign up from my premises?

Thank you for your input. Cheers

Last edited by Hardgrafter; 06-24-2021 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-24-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%

Et si only knows what your browser sends, and browsers detects a range of things (including ip address, screen resolution etc.) but device hardware is not one of the them. Using the same laptop is not a problem and different windows users is how most stealthers do it.

You dont need to be at your sisters house, you just need to run the 2 accounts on different ip addresses. Flip your phone to airplane mode and out again gets a new ip, do that each time you change accounts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zapx For This Useful Post:
dbm (07-09-2021), Hardgrafter (06-25-2021), Valhalla1 (06-28-2021)