eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Stealth Etsy - Direct checkout. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/77659-stealth-etsy-direct-checkout.html)

ash213 09-22-2014 03:58 PM

Stealth Etsy - Direct checkout.

Need to open a stealth Etsy ASAP.

But need to use the Direct Checkout feature.

How do i go about doing this with Etsy? Will they let me do it with dodgy name, address but a legit bank number etc?

Thanks .

novemberrain1970 09-22-2014 07:17 PM

Re: Stealth Etsy - Direct checkout.

I have no idea as you are not in US. In US not possible. I don't use DC and it all works out fine for me so maybe not using it is an option?

ash213 09-23-2014 01:44 AM

90% of my customers on my other etsy used direct check out over PayPal so I need it running on the new account.

If anyone else has some advice please advice.

I can use stealth details with a legit bank number but I know they always ask you to send in some ID to verify you for DC.

Will all be OK? A little worried but need something running asap.

Thanks

unkown5454 09-23-2014 03:10 AM

You can do whatever you want.

The issue is that they will try to verify your identity. In the USA, they use SSN. So, we can't work around that. In the UK, how do they identify an individual? This is what you need to learn.

ash213 09-23-2014 05:51 AM

I am not sure.

All i know is that on other Direct Checkout account they asked me to email a copy of my ID then within minutes they verified my account and all was ok.

Can i register as a business instead? or even if i do that, would i need to provide personal details?

Thanks

dcbshowstopper 09-23-2014 12:18 PM

I'm wondering about this as well. When my last shop was closed, I used my info for direct checkout. This time I'm using my dad's address with my wife's info. What I want to know is if I use my wife's ssc for direct checkout, will they link it back to our address that was used on the banned account?

unkown5454 09-23-2014 02:16 PM

Ok, so then they are looking for a name and address to match exactly what is listed on the account using your ID. I'm assuming whatever you submit will need to have an ID to prove it. If it matches your banned account, of course they will deny you.

ash213 09-23-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 590634)
Ok, so then they are looking for a name and address to match exactly what is listed on the account using your ID. I'm assuming whatever you submit will need to have an ID to prove it. If it matches your banned account, of course they will deny you.

hey,

of course fresh details, nothing linked to old account.

i was just wondering if they're ID team losely look at the ID like pp do, lol!

oh well. sent them the ID now...hopefully gets approved.

need then DC on the go.

blueuk 09-23-2014 04:40 PM

Let us know how you get on!

unkown5454 09-23-2014 09:59 PM

So, you sent the original banned ID, but new banking details?

I doubt it will get approved. But, definitely let us know how they respond.

unkown5454 09-23-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper (Post 590613)
I'm wondering about this as well. When my last shop was closed, I used my info for direct checkout. This time I'm using my dad's address with my wife's info. What I want to know is if I use my wife's ssc for direct checkout, will they link it back to our address that was used on the banned account?

I believe they are only checking to see if you SSN matches the name provided. But, it's not something I mess with. Most of us use PP only because of how easy it is to just keep creating new email addresses for payment.

ash213 09-24-2014 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 590709)
So, you sent the original banned ID, but new banking details?

I doubt it will get approved. But, definitely let us know how they respond.

no of course not.

fresh name, address, bank, cc, etc.

with new id matching that name , address.
just hope they accept the id as it isn't the greatest.

have not had a reply yet.

rsot 09-24-2014 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash213 (Post 590756)
no of course not.

fresh name, address, bank, cc, etc.

with new id matching that name , address.
just hope they accept the id as it isn't the greatest.

have not had a reply yet.

Best of luck - hope it works out

ash213 09-24-2014 09:33 AM

still no reply, soon it will be 24 hours.

on my first account they verified my id within 5 minutes.

odd.

dcbshowstopper 09-25-2014 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 590710)
I believe they are only checking to see if you SSN matches the name provided. But, it's not something I mess with. Most of us use PP only because of how easy it is to just keep creating new email addresses for payment.

I was thinking this as well, but when I went to put in the info I read something that stated "For your protection, we may verify your identity with a secure third–party service." This had me thinking that the verification may pull up the original address. I will have to roll with Paypal if that's the only way but I used to make a lot of money through DC so if I can work my way around it that would be great.

unkown5454 09-25-2014 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper (Post 591168)
I was thinking this as well, but when I went to put in the info I read something that stated "For your protection, we may verify your identity with a secure third–party service." This had me thinking that the verification may pull up the original address. I will have to roll with Paypal if that's the only way but I used to make a lot of money through DC so if I can work my way around it that would be great.

Have they still not responded to your new submission with the new info?

dcbshowstopper 09-25-2014 09:19 AM

I haven't submitted the info yet. I got to that part and decided not to go through with it. I guess I may as well, though, since I only put up 45 items. I'm guessing it would take a lot of work to link the old address anyway since they are using a 3rd party vendor to just verify identity. They only ask for the last four digits of the social to start out. Don't know how much they can pull up with just that. As far as the bank account goes I just plan on using one of my bank accounts that I have never used on etsy and just enter my wife's name as the account holder. I'm hoping that will work.

dcbshowstopper 09-25-2014 09:39 AM

Another question. How does it work when we pay etsy with our PayPal account? I plan on opening another account, but I plan on setting up a new PayPal account with my legit info since I have no problems with them. I notice that when I get paid through PayPal my email will read "you just received a payment from" and will list peoples' names. I'm guessing this isn't a problem?

novemberrain1970 09-25-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper (Post 591374)
Another question. How does it work when we pay etsy with our PayPal account? I plan on opening another account, but I plan on setting up a new PayPal account with my legit info since I have no problems with them. I notice that when I get paid through PayPal my email will read "you just received a payment from" and will list peoples' names. I'm guessing this isn't a problem?

If you are banned, it's a problem. I only do that with PayPal stealths where the name matches. Otherwise it is a Visa gift card with matching details. It is a pain but a cost of doing business.

dcbshowstopper 09-25-2014 11:52 AM

Hmmmm, I'm wondering how that works for PayPal business accounts. I notice when I print off labels there my return address has the business address. In another PayPal account of mine (personal account), the return address has my actual name on it.

dcbshowstopper 09-25-2014 12:06 PM

I just checked an old invoice for a payment I made to PayPal a couple of months ago. It said "Hello business name, you sent a payment of $x to Etsy, Inc." For my personal account it says the same thing but included my personal name, so I'm thinking it's ok as long as you are using a business name for your PayPal account. If that's is incorrect, let me know.

novemberrain1970 09-25-2014 03:27 PM

Problem with this is if you have more than one stealth Etsy using different emails on the same PP - then you would be linked if you paid using the same PP. As for what else they see (address, etc.) I honestly do not know.