Etsy 2nd account failed.. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 03-19-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Etsy 2nd account failed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
My website is my main source of income and has been my full time job for almost 4 years but my company does have quite a large online following on instagram,twitter,Facebook etc (100,000+ followers). Its a clothing website. I've literally never paid for any advertising or marketing before so if you are planning on doing that and you know how to do that then you will definitely get some sales.

You shouldn't be hesitant, especially with shopify because it is so easy to set up and it has loads off built in apps for everything you can think of to make it easier for you to become successful. Also you get 30 days free so your not wasting money if it doesn't turn out to be good. I think when I initially build my website years ago I had it up and running within 24 hours.
Wow, thanks for the advice, I will definitely go with Shopify. You are definitely where I want to be where my website would be my main source of income. I've been doing this full time for over four years as well but I have been with Etsy exclusively (and eBay for about 2 months), so I'm sure I've been missing out on a lot of extra income and stability. I'm about to PM you about a question I have.
The Following User Says Thank You to dcbshowstopper For This Useful Post:
HAHlala (03-19-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-29-2016

Longevity: 48%

You don't actually need a credit card to open a store on et.s.y. Everyone has a paypal account these days. Just open one on a different a-mail.

To pay bills/fees, never use paypal, just use a virtual credit card or another with pre-paid money on it. Simple.
Old 03-30-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellix View Post
You don't actually need a credit card to open a store on et.s.y. Everyone has a paypal account these days. Just open one on a different a-mail.

To pay bills/fees, never use paypal, just use a virtual credit card or another with pre-paid money on it. Simple.
Et.sy now works through direct checkout

You need a bank account to open your Et.sy shop
You need a credit card (A VCC) to finalize the opening. They wont finish the opening without a credit card of some sort.

But paypal is no longer required to sell on Et.sy, your buyers can use PP but it goes into your direct check out. I'd just pay the Et.sy bill with the credit on your Direct Checkout before withdrawing funds.

But you do need a Bank account and credit card.
Old 03-30-2016

I will not reveal all the details, but that's how I work. I didn't use a credit card to open the store, just a Vcc, and I receive all payments through paypal.
Been open since with no issues at all. That's why I said there's no need for a credit card specifically to open a new store. However, you will need a bank account to associate the vcc. Or you can use a pre-paid credit card, where you can buy on a store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post

You need a credit card (A VCC) to finalize the opening. They wont finish the opening without a credit card of some sort.

But paypal is no longer required to sell on Et.sy, your buyers can use PP but it goes into your direct check out. I'd just pay the Et.sy bill with the credit on your Direct Checkout before withdrawing funds.

Old 03-30-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellix View Post
I will not reveal all the details, but that's how I work. I didn't use a credit card to open the store, just a Vcc, and I receive all payments through paypal.
Been open since with no issues at all. That's why I said there's no need for a credit card specifically to open a new store. However, you will need a bank account to associate the vcc. Or you can use a pre-paid credit card, where you can buy on a store.
I didn't mean an actual genuine credit card, VCC works fine and is the best route for stealth, but at the moment it seems that it is required. My first stealth set up last year I did the normal way with PP and nothing else, but having opened another in the last few weeks, PP was not even mentioned or requested/offered. Its direct checkout now, so all you need is bank account, ID, and credit card (VCC).

My first stealth from a year ago still runs on PP payments and nothing else, but with the new one direct check out was the only option, which meant verification was done through Et.sy and not PP
Old 03-30-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
(Posted this on an on going forum but posting it again to hopefully get help).

I just tried to open a new etsy account (keep in mind I've never been banned but just wanted a second account). But it wouldn't allow me to. Heres the steps I took:

-Just got a new computer so no past sign ins on etsy.
-Got a dongle for new IP address
-New phone number
-New bank card

Everything was fine then I got to the 'set up how you want to receive your payments' page. I entered my new bank card sort code and account number. It also asks for the name on the card so I entered the name which is just my first initial and last name. That got accepted and was fine.

Then on the same page it asks for your address, so as someone suggested to me I checked for local houses for sale (I found a really old house that looked like it had been on the market for a while). I entered the address of that house. Entered a new name and new phone number.

I then got a message when I clicked confirm saying 'We are having trouble confirming your identity. I changed the name slightly - same again. After a few tries it went to new page and asked me to upload by ID as they were having trouble identifying me.

What would be the cause of this? Is it because the name on my card is different from the name I was trying to sign up with? So how do you get passed this then?
They are asking everyone right now for ID. Just mod the ID to match the house you picked and then upload and send in. They don't care, I promise.
Old 03-30-2016

Quote:

The bank account CAN be your real info. The bank CAN NOT give it to et...sy. All et...sy does is deposit .01 and make sure it's legit. You can even use your first initial and whatever name you want that's a slight off from your real name.
Old 03-31-2016

Longevity: 55%

So you're saying you can use an account with your actual name and not your Etsy alias since all they do is deposit? I didn't know that. For some reason I thought they verified the account info.
Old 03-31-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper View Post
So you're saying you can use an account with your actual name and not your Etsy alias since all they do is deposit? I didn't know that. For some reason I thought they verified the account info.
No its just like applying stealth to PP. It's just that Et.sy cut out the PP bit and decided to do it themselves. They can't, or at least at the moment they can't check on your credit history and personal details via your bank account, that's why you need the ID and credit card (VCC) to complete the process.
Old 09-01-2016

Longevity: 44%

I got my first orders and now et/sy requests ID. I am helpless :((
Old 09-02-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataramasukoma View Post
I got my first orders and now et/sy requests ID. I am helpless :((
Is this how it works in the US? 1st order and then an ID check? In the UK you provide ID before your shop can be opened.
Old 09-02-2016

Quote:
Is this how it works in the US? 1st order and then an ID check? In the UK you provide ID before your shop can be opened.
They have already requested SSN. Now they request driving licence, id or passport
Old 09-02-2016

Hi
I didn't realise et.sy requires id to open account i opened two accounts previously and they never asked for any id..
Old 09-02-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbshowstopper View Post
Wow, thanks for the advice, I will definitely go with Shopify. You are definitely where I want to be where my website would be my main source of income. I've been doing this full time for over four years as well but I have been with Etsy exclusively (and eBay for about 2 months), so I'm sure I've been missing out on a lot of extra income and stability. I'm about to PM you about a question I have.
Ahh but remember the issue mainly is checkout provider.....and who will it be? Paypal?....then regardless of whether you have your own website or use ebay/etsy/amazon etc you have the same "all eggs in one basket" issue, the flicking off of the switch by paypal once again.

There are other providers but I have seen a decrease in my business in 60% due to not offering paypal.
Old 09-03-2016

I have a question so i am using a new name and new address for my new et.sy account but the card and name on the card will be different from the bank account name and address. Does it matter?
Thanks
Old 09-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
I have a question so i am using a new name and new address for my new et.sy account but the card and name on the card will be different from the bank account name and address. Does it matter?
Thanks
They will request bank account for direct checkout. If you use new account with new name they can't link you
Old 09-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataramasukoma View Post
They will request bank account for direct checkout. If you use new account with new name they can't link you
When you mean new name you mean new name on the et.sy account or new name on bank account, cause it would still be the same name as my old account which got suspended but new account details and address.
Old 09-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
When you mean new name you mean new name on the et.sy account or new name on bank account, cause it would still be the same name as my old account which got suspended but new account details and address.
They can't see bank accounts name. But bank account should be new for sure
The Following User Says Thank You to mataramasukoma For This Useful Post:
T1000 (09-16-2016)
Old 09-06-2016

Longevity: 50%
Send a message via Skype™ to iestinor

hey guys i know everyone wants to help but be careful what you post specially with this stealth not being very stealthy . once they catch up to this we all dead just my opinion about it and et.sy lurks in here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iestinor For This Useful Post:
Joegrass (09-16-2016), T1000 (09-16-2016)
Old 10-14-2016

Longevity: 43%

for people who have multiple accounts how do you have so many bank accounts?
Old 10-16-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuns View Post
for people who have multiple accounts how do you have so many bank accounts?
By not having a bad credit score. Long as your credit history looks good its easy to open a new account with another bank.