New account opening failed, ok to re-use some info? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-17-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default New account opening failed, ok to re-use some info?

Hi,

I tried to open a new account after following the Amazon Ghost guide. I had all new information (as far as i know), used a different ip, different computer, different number for phone verification, different address etc etc. The account opening process still failed though. I am not sure where it failed or what went wrong but my hunch is that maybe i had logged on from that IP address on a banned account before but not sure if they even check that when opening a new account so not sure.

Anyway, my question is: is it safe to use any or all of that information again when i try to open another account or is all that info (address, name, phone number etc) flagged with a warning that will give me problems when i try to open another account from a different ip address, computer etc.

I would like to be able to use the same name and address as i am running out of options for legitimate addresses.

I assume i need a legitimate address because i have to have a credit card registered at a legitimate address, or am i missing something?

Please help!

- Porque
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

By the way, this was Amazon UK i should point out.
Old 02-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 67%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ukdirect

Using any of the information again could link your account and get it banned, you should use new information when creating another account. You can get a VCC from the sellers on this forum that will validate your address on a new account
Old 02-17-2013

No links means No links.

Even passwords.
Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukdirect View Post
Using any of the information again could link your account and get it banned, you should use new information when creating another account. You can get a VCC from the sellers on this forum that will validate your address on a new account
I am thinking about doing this but confused how it would work. I buy a VCC from someone who gives me a credit card number and an address that Amazon can verify it against? Then I have to use this address on my account forever? What about handling returns etc?
Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
No links means No links.

Even passwords.
Just to confirm, none of this name or address information I used was on an account that had been banned. It was only used when trying to create a new account. So my question is, does information submitted in a failed account opening get logged or only information from banned accounts?
Old 02-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Lots of options with returns, with my customers I send them all the same address for returns and tell them it's the suppliers return address. A VCC should verify against any address
Old 02-17-2013

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque View Post
Just to confirm, none of this name or address information I used was on an account that had been banned. It was only used when trying to create a new account. So my question is, does information submitted in a failed account opening get logged or only information from banned accounts?
Where do you think you went wrong? How far did you get in the process and what happened? Did you make it through the phone verification and CC?
Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Lots of options with returns, with my customers I send them all the same address for returns and tell them it's the suppliers return address. A VCC should verify against any address
Thanks. I understood (perhaps wrongly) from the stealth guide that somehow Amazon uses a system that can check the address your credit card is registered at and this must be the same address you use on the Amazon account. Is that not the case?
Old 02-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

It depends what card you are using, with a normal credit card the address needs to match the address on file but when using a VCC it will verify any address checked against it.
Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
Where do you think you went wrong? How far did you get in the process and what happened? Did you make it through the phone verification and CC?
Not sure really. Got through phone verification, ccard, all the steps. But at the end there was some message that said i was refused an account and they wouldn't go into further detail to protect their methodologies.

The only thing i can think of (and it might not be this at all) was that i had at some point in the past logged on from this ip address but i don't think so.

But 2 questions remain:-

1) Do they check automatically things like ip addresses in the account opening verification process or only after the account is opened and it comes under a review. I assume they can automate this at account opening but that is an assumption.

2) Is any info used in a failed account opening logged in the system and flagged with a warning or only info from banned accounts. For example, the address I used in the new attempt was totally legitimate (my accountant's address) so i would quite like to use it again. Of course i would change ip, computer, phone number etc
Old 02-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
It depends what card you are using, with a normal credit card the address needs to match the address on file but when using a VCC it will verify any address checked against it.
can u suggest a good one? so are u saying i can purchase any vcc or do i need one that allows me to enter any adress and name?
Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
So if i used a 3v ccard for example, i should use a real address with 3v and give Amazon a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address? Should the need for a return arise, i should either suffer the loss as a cost of doing business, include return information in the shipment, or perhaps just message the buyer with the return address. I guess the last method might be dodgy as Amazon will automatically send a label with a different address on it (the one form the account) which could raise eyebrows.
Old 02-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

1: I believe they do automatically check both IP and MAC address during registration, when I first started trying to setup multiple Amazon accounts I got caught at the end of the registration process and it was down to my MAC address

2: Any info you have used will now be black listed, don't use any of this info in setting up new accounts.

Have another read of the Amazon Ghost guide and then try again. Make sure you use a fresh system with new details, phone number and a solid VCC you should be fine, once you have mastered Amazon you can setup multiple accounts to spread any future ban risk
Old 02-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Hi,

I tried to open a new account after following the Amazon Ghost guide. I had all new information (as far as i know), used a different ip, different computer, different number for phone verification, different address etc etc. The account opening process still failed though. I am not sure where it failed or what went wrong but my hunch is that maybe i had logged on from that IP address on a banned account before but not sure if they even check that when opening a new account so not sure.

Anyway, my question is: is it safe to use any or all of that information again when i try to open another account or is all that info (address, name, phone number etc) flagged with a warning that will give me problems when i try to open another account from a different ip address, computer etc.

I would like to be able to use the same name and address as i am running out of options for legitimate addresses.

I assume i need a legitimate address because i have to have a credit card registered at a legitimate address, or am i missing something?

Please help!

- Porque
sounds like maybe u did log i from a computer used previously on banned account. i made sure when starting new account to not use anyone computer that i used on old account. which if your like me was everyone i know so can be difficult lol.
Old 02-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
So if i used a 3v ccard for example, i should use a real address with 3v and give Amazon a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address? Should the need for a return arise, i should either suffer the loss as a cost of doing business, include return information in the shipment, or perhaps just message the buyer with the return address. I guess the last method might be dodgy as Amazon will automatically send a label with a different address on it (the one form the account) which could raise eyebrows.
3V cards work great with Amazon, you need to register the 3v card with the stealth details you are using with Amazon.

Are you expecting to receive a lot of returns? And if so what is your items value? If you only expect a couple a month in a low value item then you could refund the buyer without a return, but if you item is high value you need to email the buyer with a returns address you have access to. When I send my buyers return details the first line of the address is 'Returns Department'
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukdirect For This Useful Post:
Porque (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
3V cards work great with Amazon, you need to register the 3v card with the stealth details you are using with Amazon.

Are you expecting to receive a lot of returns? And if so what is your items value? If you only expect a couple a month in a low value item then you could refund the buyer without a return, but if you item is high value you need to email the buyer with a returns address you have access to. When I send my buyers return details the first line of the address is 'Returns Department'
3v great thank u. I found a card on giftcardmall that u can enter any adress and name. u or anyone have experience with these cards on Amazon?
Old 02-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider007 View Post
3v great thank u. I found a card on giftcardmall that u can enter any adress and name. u or anyone have experience with these cards on Amazon?
I only use 3V now as they work everytime. DON'T use entropay, their cards will get you banned within minutes !
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukdirect For This Useful Post:
Porque (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all the advice, will give 3v a go with a made up address and write off any returns as good customer service i think.
Old 02-17-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice, will give 3v a go with a made up address and write off any returns as good customer service i think.
Good luck with you new accounts
Old 02-17-2013

Longevity: 70%

If all the info was new it had to be the IP unless some other banned seller had your phone number in the past. Possible since Tracphone and Magic Jack recycle their numbers
Old 02-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
If all the info was new it had to be the IP unless some other banned seller had your phone number in the past. Possible since Tracphone and Magic Jack recycle their numbers
Problem is OP is talking about Amazon UK so...tracfone does not apply there