Some info please on opening a new "User Account" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-03-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Some info please on opening a new "User Account"

Hi all

i am about to open a new user account to start all the steps to open a new ebay/pp account

but i was wondering, if this account should only be used to view ebay and not other things?

reason i ask is that like all of us i am a member of sites that need you to log in with your email/password and my email i always log in with is the same email as my suspended accounts

if this isnt advisable would i have to change my IP address everytime i switch between my user accounts? i know i can do this by turning my router off each time but it would become a pain

any info would be great
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-04-2010
Threadstarter  

anyone have any info?
Old 06-04-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I think you're not understanding some vital details of eBay Stealth, I recommend you read it again slowly and digest everything. Pm me if you have any questions.
Old 06-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

other sites, have nothing to do with ebay and paypal...its irrelevant what other sites you log in to on same screen as ebay
Old 06-05-2010
Threadstarter  

what vital info am i missing please?

the main thing i was worried about is if i log into my yahoo email on this new acc, as the email address is linked to a suspended ebay acc you see.

also if i need to reset my router each time i switch user accounts
Old 06-05-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Right, you're missing a lot of VITAL information, read the eBook again and you'll see.

Trust me..
Old 06-05-2010
Threadstarter  

i have followed all the steps in the book, changed IP address on my new user account but its STILL showing up as this address on my regular account, so both are the same IP!

i have changed my MAC address on my new account from using the program from dl.com so thats diffrent

anything else before i continue to open a new acc? seems all the details in the book are XP and not vista also.

i cant even find any of the info thats stated in the book on vista to delete flash cookies!
Old 06-05-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Are you perhaps confusing your LAN IP address for your WAN IP address? Your LAN IP is unlikely to change, since it is the address your computer uses to communicate with your router.

Your WAN IP is the one that needs to change, since that is the IP your router uses for accessing the internet.

LAN IP does not normally pass through the router to the internet domain.

Keep in mind that there are often many internal IP addresses in a network even when there is no connection to the internet. My computers each have a minimum of 7 IP addresses for internal hardware. Those are not internet IP addresses. They stay within my Local Area Network.

Test it: Do whatever you do to change your IP. Then go to IPBurger dot com. See what it says. Then change your IP again and connect to IPBurger one more time. If it changes, you're fine. If it doesn't, you need to correct that.

Don't manually compare your IPs from within your PC. You'll likely confuse yourself if you didn't know about the difference between LAN and WAN.
Old 06-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi there

thanks for the reply

when i turn off the router and go to IPBurger the IP does change

is that ok then? that both user accounts have the same address? do i just turn it off and on again each time i go on ebay?
Old 06-05-2010
Vicvelcro

Yeah. You're fine. The WAN IP is changing.

Just to be safe for a while, check IPBurger before you login to ebay or paypal. Make sure you aren't using your ebay-user-1-IP on ebay-user-2 account.
Old 06-05-2010
Threadstarter  

thanx

how can i delete my flash cookies also on my new account? the Stealth Book doesnt match up to vista it seems
Old 06-05-2010
Vicvelcro

I can't help you with Vista issues. But you can go to the Adobe website and use the Global Settings Manager for Flash. Set everything to 0 size. Flash gone.

Or if you use firefox browser, get a plugin called BetterPrivacy.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
healthnut88 (06-05-2010)
Old 06-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Ok so i have re read the Stealth Book

so as i am only going to have 1 ebay/pp acc i dont need to change me IP all the time as i have deleted cookies etc and wont be logging into banned accounts.

Can ebay/pp spy on me logging into my own personal email address though which a paypal address from the past is linked to?
Old 06-05-2010
Vicvelcro

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigle View Post
Can ebay/pp spy on me logging into my own personal email address though which a paypal address from the past is linked to?
Not legally, they can't.