gym dilemma - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 07-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default gym dilemma

Ok, so I use this gym that I started with when I worked for a company that gave us an exclusive intro to it, the incentive was if you were a regular user you paid only approx $10 per month instead of the usual $70-80.

So I leave this company 6 months ago, but they say you can keep the gym membership on same terms, thats the deal we struck with them, excellent..

So 3 months ago, small things start going missing from my locker, thought it was my fault first time, but it happended again then again! A used perfume, my hairbrush etc, like someone is trying to annoy me..so now I take my bag , clothes and everything with me, eg. leave it at the poolside or by running machine.

I reported it to manager who didnt know what to say, I didnt make a big deal of it though.

SO did this happen I ask, 3 theories;
1/'They' want me out because Im a regular user and wont ever pay them much.
2/Its just a fluke gym user, so how did they get numbered key that you take with you?
3/I had a very minor disagreement with the spa staff, it was no biggie to me, but basically most of their business is mornings so they like to close early, but their sign says all day and whenever I booked a treatment for pm they always tried to get me to do mornings or they cancelled, so I pointed out to them if you dont want to do pm then dont put it on your opening hours. Days after that they sent a notice round saying they were open only mornings. I mean I only pointed out an obvious thing, Amnyway, when I see the staff sometimes and I go past they go silent, I get a vibe, anyway it could be that I annoyed them or their wages got cut or something, i didnt mean to cause a problem.

ok, thanks for bearing with me! so, does anyone know about gyms and the key situation, whats your opinion. Nothings happened to my stuff since of course as its always with me...

Old 07-17-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Why don't you lock up your locker with your own lock?

Or is it one of those card locks?

It doesn't make sense the staff would mess with you.. is it a small gym?
Old 07-17-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

its a medium gym, you cant use your own lock. its like a numbered key lock, you cant use a padlock. I havent got a problem taking my stuff with me now and Im used to it. I agree, everyone Ive told, says the same - why would they? but someone has..
Old 07-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Could have been another gym-user. The gym should give you a secure locker. Go back to the manager & request that.... or be the bag lady by the pool. For all you know, someone might have stolen gear & had to move on: the gym might just be keeping quiet.
Old 07-17-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hey if Im a bag lady, Im a mightly blingy one!! another gym user maybe, how they got the keys though is more implausible and 3 times same person? plus they stole crappy things though, I know it seems like a weird story but it was more like someone being annoying, just my opinion, taking something I need when I get out of the pool, like my blowdry hairbrush.

I didnt want to go over the top to manager,but he was quiet and didnt say much, and I acted like it was a bit of silliness but I did say Id report it to the police if it happended again. I acted nonchalant, in case it got back to whoever and they saw I was flustered. I dont think the manger was in on it but who knows, all I know is I pay virtually nothing for membership and that cannot be impressive to them..and the spa staff act weird around me, those are my theories. Do not tell me im dillusional!

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-17-2009 at 10:36 AM.