what makes people lose faith in humanity - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 12-15-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default what makes people lose faith in humanity

i watched several vids on youtube with elon musk in an interview with joe rogan and other vids that make this statement.

that people who spend time with criminals and liars all day......will eventually be distrusting of people and lose faith in humanity and become a hardened criminal....

Do you believe that this is true?

elon musk says that maybe 1 out of 330 million people are pure evil on this earth....so about 330 people.....the majority of people are vastly good people who try to do right.
but he says that yeah when you spend time with that small group they somewhat lose faith in humanity......

Last edited by H4ck; 12-15-2018 at 06:58 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-15-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: what makes people lose faith in humanity

Yeah that's true, I guess. That's why all politicians are criminals. Too early for intelligent back and forth.

Side note WTF is going on in Antarctica?
Old 12-15-2018

Longevity: 34%

Hitler was def one of them. Raised by a single mother and wanted to make a living selling paintings. Tell me that's not a recipe for disaster.

You're a clean slate as a kid. Upbringing and environment has a lot to do with how you perceive the world later as an adult. You really don't know any different. That's why we think everyone else is crazy sometimes. Different points of view.

Hard part is admitting maybe the way you think isn't the only way. Even harder is trying to get your brain to think like that. Brain develops neural networks and patterns. The more you're for example depressed the harder it is to naturally produce neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin. That's where addiction comes in, drugs match the same structure of those neurotransmitters and fit into receptables in your brain that cause happiness. Problem is it's temporary. You get the picture.

Used to be a narcissist, still kinda am in a way. Hated being told what to do. Never trusted anyone. If I give you something you have to give me something. If I show you respect I expect the same in return. I have high expectations and if you fail you are worthless. If you cross me I will destroy you. Bit like the mindset of mafia ha. 'You disrespected me and my family.' I can talk about myself all day and think the other person is interested beyond measure. Find myself actively editing what I say now to try and keep convo less about me and more about the topic at hand. It sucks. Not easy at all. Some women dig it though, and I'm certainly not marrying a dude, so what the hell sometimes.
Old 12-16-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

nowadays when I get all doom and gloom i try to remind myself how much good their is in this life........that are functioning properly and living up to its intended expectation.

I try not to let a few bad experiences define and think thats how life is........
Old 12-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
i watched several vids on youtube with elon musk in an interview with joe rogan and other vids that make this statement.

that people who spend time with criminals and liars all day......will eventually be distrusting of people and lose faith in humanity and become a hardened criminal....

Do you believe that this is true?

elon musk says that maybe 1 out of 330 million people are pure evil on this earth....so about 330 people.....the majority of people are vastly good people who try to do right.
but he says that yeah when you spend time with that small group they somewhat lose faith in humanity......
Yeah, I can believe that too. But we are talking about PURE EVIL, not just a bad seed.

And I think people make people lose faith in humanity. Look at the news, its all bad or bent and broken until it seems bad. It is all about the drama.
Old 12-18-2018

Longevity: 34%

What if the news only focused on the negative because what we want is to keep the positive?

I always get torn between whether it's because we want to rectify wrong-doings for the good of humanity, or because those wrong-doings threaten our own self-interest, or maybe they're one in the same.

Monopolies are a great example of that.

They pose no threat to your immediate well-being, yet threaten your ability to provide for yourself in terms of competition.

Is creating a monopoly really wrong since you're only trying to secure your own survival? From your perspective you've done nothing wrong, from everyone else's you're threatening their self-interest.
Old 12-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@jarsky541, got to define humanity for us