AI Job Interviews - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 12-18-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default AI Job Interviews

https://www.wsj.com/articles/artific...eam-1537435820

"Nearly all Fortune 500 companies now use some form of automation -- from robot avatars interviewing job candidates to computers weeding out potential employees by scanning keywords in resumes.

DeepSense, based in San Francisco and India, helps hiring managers scan people’s social media accounts to surface underlying personality traits."

Nothing says more like 'we care aboutchya' than job interviews for fortune 500 companies done by AI. No thx.

Christ my uncle got let go last year after 25yrs of employment and now works under the person who trained him. Just when you think you've got job security you don't. F that.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-18-2018

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: AI Job Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/artific...eam-1537435820

"Nearly all Fortune 500 companies now use some form of automation -- from robot avatars interviewing job candidates to computers weeding out potential employees by scanning keywords in resumes.

DeepSense, based in San Francisco and India, helps hiring managers scan people’s social media accounts to surface underlying personality traits."

Nothing says more like 'we care aboutchya' than job interviews for fortune 500 companies done by AI. No thx.

Christ my uncle got let go last year after 25yrs of employment and now works under the person who trained him. Just when you think you've got job security you don't. F that.

yeah ai automation is the least of my worries. overpopulation is what should worry you if anything......

nowadays.....even in the good times when you apply for that 1 job their is atleast 1000 to 2000 resumes submitted for that 1 job.

getting a job nowadays is like winning a lottery.

it doesn't just stop there, their are almost no rules people play dirty when it comes to hiring......I used to attend church a long long time ago and saw illegal hiring practices like discrimination in the hiring process.......

they try to use some bullsh1t excuse to not hire you, but really they just don't want to hire you because they think your too young, or old, or some type of race they dont like.

minorities with a minority sounding type of name are more than likely to get passed for a job.......here in america.....

Last edited by H4ck; 12-18-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-18-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

There's no such thing as job security. And being an entrepreneur is difficult but rewarding when you get there
Old 12-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
yeah ai automation is the least of my worries. overpopulation is what should worry you if anything......

nowadays.....even in the good times when you apply for that 1 job their is atleast 1000 to 2000 resumes submitted for that 1 job.

getting a job nowadays is like winning a lottery.

it doesn't just stop there, their are almost no rules people play dirty when it comes to hiring......I used to attend church a long long time ago and saw illegal hiring practices like discrimination in the hiring process.......

they try to use some bullsh1t excuse to not hire you, but really they just don't want to hire you because they think your too young, or old, or some type of race they dont like.

minorities with a minority sounding type of name are more than likely to get passed for a job.......here in america.....
True that. Getting jobs in cutthroat sectors is less 'what you know' and more 'who you know'. Made me want to be on the side with the green grass. Not standing around with a hand out hoping for something to come by...

The best you'll ever be treated at your job is on the day of your interview. And now even that's becoming automated. Wtf humanity.
Old 12-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
There's no such thing as job security. And being an entrepreneur is difficult but rewarding when you get there
Amen *sips beer and packages order*
Old 12-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

We are so programmed from childhood to go to school, get good grades, obtain a degree, and then eventually a job were you can maybe earn a mediocre salary for the rest of your adult life...

Oh, wait, IS there even any "job security" anymore?

I'd rather work for myself on my terms. That also takes hard work, but it sure as hell beats the alternative.

Sunspot: Keep packaging those orders and siping your brewsky's because you won't be able to do that working a "normal" job with all the other sheep. Keep that $ coming in...
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
sax4 (12-19-2018)
Old 12-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
We are so programmed from childhood to go to school, get good grades, obtain a degree, and then eventually a job were you can maybe earn a mediocre salary for the rest of your adult life...

I'd rather work for myself on my terms. That also takes hard work, but it sure as hell beats the alternative.

Sunspot: Keep packaging those orders and siping your brewsky's because you won't be able to do that working a "normal" job with all the other sheep. Keep that $ coming in...
Right?!?

Like being raised with the mentality of a worker ant, instead of the queen. Boggles my mind how ingrained that can become and before you know it you're 55 and can't retire!

Amazon warehouse work conditions are too hard. You can't interact with anyone. 10hrs on your feet.

A wall collapsed and 10 employees were injured. I want to sue and get every penny I can.

Bro wake up and smell the roses. No one is making you work where you don't want. Quit playing victim.

And thx buddy ^^ You keep the thunder rollin' too!
Old 12-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

The late George Carlin sums it up best:

https://youtu.be/hYIC0eZYEtI
Sunspot144 (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Haha I see your video and match you a video

Remove 'women/comedy' and insert 'business'

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunspot144 For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018

Longevity: 54%

a day job brings back a lot of horrible memories for me.

when I had a job in hawaii my boss was unprofessional. it sucks sometimes you may get a decent job but a horrible boss.....

paid me next to nothing....worked my butt off for nothing and constantly was stressed and got sick quite often.

Last edited by H4ck; 12-18-2018 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Used to work for my father off and on in construction.

One day we butted heads and got called 'a ****ing peon'. Ha. Part of me says I deserved it, the other tells me he can royaly go f himself.

I remember as a kid whenever I brought a good idea to the table it was either ignored or taken from me along with the credit.

It was always my understanding that a good performance should be rewarded. Instead it seemed my abilities were being shunted and was purposefully being kept in my position as an 'ignorant' obedient hard worker.

I noticed the same in college. One distinct professor in charge of my major and I didn't get along very well. I put out my hand as a gesture of respect, and he spat in my face over the next 3 years. Undermined, criticized and discredited my work, without any real personal reason! He's the only person to this day I'd consider assault charges being worth it for what I was put through mentally. I'd feel loads better if I could just sock it to him 2 or 3 times.

Wasn't only me though. Lot of people hated his guts.

I checked back in one day and found he'd been demoted. Lol. Guess karma does exist.

Last edited by Sunspot144; 12-19-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
Used to work for my father off and on in construction.

One day we butted heads and got called 'a ****ing peon'. Ha. Part of me says I deserved it, the other tells me he can royaly go f himself.

I remember as a kid whenever I brought a good idea to the table it was either ignored or taken from me along with the credit.

It was always my understanding that a good performance should be rewarded. Instead it seemed my abilities were being shunted and was purposefully being kept in my position as an 'ignorant' obedient hard worker.

I noticed the same in college. One distinct professor in charge of my major and I didn't get along very well. I put out my hand as a gesture of respect, and he spat in my face over the next 3 years. Undermined, criticized and discredited my work, without any real personal reason! He's the only person to this day I'd consider assault charges being worth it for what I was put through mentally. I'd feel loads better if I could just sock it to him 2 or 3 times.

Wasn't only me though. Lot of people hated his guts.

I checked back in one day and found he'd been demoted. Lol. Guess karma does exist.
Sunspot: Between your father and your professor it probably taught you a valuable lesson tho.

The world is full of people like that. I had similar experiences.

Employers are just concerned about making a profit for themselves. Your father was probably more interested in getting paid than helping his son get ahead. Your as$hole of a college professor was not looking to help, either. Many of those education bigots are more concerned about protecting their egocentric points of view.

Business is not just about making money. It's about freedom and options.
Sunspot144 (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018
Threadstarter  

For sure. Got tired of being stood over, used and abused and took matters into my own hands...

It's sad how people manipulate and exploit each other, probably will be our downfall many, many years from now when big corps are selling million dollar tickets to mars haha.

I feel ya with professors - trust me, I'll gladly take someone's $hit if they prove they know what they're talking about. No problem. You take the wheel.

Unfortunately for these professors if they were any good at what they did they wouldn't be teaching in the first place! And I'm not about to start eating giant $hit sandwiches from someone who hasn't had a ****ing nickel in the game since 1980.

This ***ker went on sabbatical after I graduated. Maybe had a reality check that he wasn't as relevant as he thought. SO many people dropped out of the major before graduation cause it was so demanding. I'm proud to say I was one of 18 of the initial 50 that started with me. Never again will I work THAT hard, and for so little.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunspot144 For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post

Yes and you are told to work hard all your life and one day when you get to 65 you'll be able to retire and do nothing all day, if you're still alive that is. Fcuk that, I spend each day doing as I please and will continue for many years to come.

If I was unfortunate enough to be attending an AI job interview in the future I wouldn't get pass the first stage, the lie detector would realise that as usual, my CV is a work of complete fiction.
nickopedia (12-19-2018)