eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Need help with selfies (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/138777-need-help-selfies.html)

MathProfessor 09-05-2020 03:21 PM

Need help with selfies

Someone I know makes really good creative "library cards" that usually pass for places like paypal. However, there are some other places that ask for a selfie holding the card.

This part is challenging, as he doesn't have matching mug shots with "guy holding a card" in order to photoshop.

Has anyone come across this problem? Even if you have godlike photoshop skills you're going to get the lighting and angle wrong for a "selfie holding document", so it seems like the best way to do it would be to start with a picture of a blank piece of paper.... But where do you get pictures of someone holding a blank sheet of paper or a blank card?

Any ideas?

snarf 09-05-2020 03:27 PM

Re: Need help with selfies

You will find someone on freelancer that will have that service or look around here

cardfelon 09-05-2020 03:57 PM

Yep either freelancer or fiverr can get the job done!!

vmdetection 09-05-2020 04:50 PM

I understand what you're saying since most fintech banks and other online services require KYC that involves a selfie but how would photoshopping it work? from my own experience, when they require you to input a selfie, you have to take the selfie right then and there using the camera function in the app. How would having a picture of a guy with a blank piece of paper that you obviously photoshop later work? it would be obvious to whoever reviews it that it's a picture and not a real person, since you're not uploading a selfie, you're taking the selfie right then and there?

MathProfessor 09-05-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snarf (Post 1113566)
You will find someone on freelancer that will have that service or look around here

What sort of "job" could I possibly post on freelancer that wouldn't get flagged and removed immediately?

I tried fiverr but mostly I get teenage girls offering selfies, I need people between 35-65 years old...

MathProfessor 09-05-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmdetection (Post 1113585)
I understand what you're saying since most fintech banks and other online services require KYC that involves a selfie but how would photoshopping it work? from my own experience, when they require you to input a selfie, you have to take the selfie right then and there using the camera function in the app. How would having a picture of a guy with a blank piece of paper that you obviously photoshop later work? it would be obvious to whoever reviews it that it's a picture and not a real person, since you're not uploading a selfie, you're taking the selfie right then and there?

It's not for fintech. Technically it's not photoshop, there is a bit of "hollywood" going on, sort of like swapping out greenscreen -- I don't want to talk about the tech publicly... suffice to say the part I'm stuck on is the selfie photo...

DjDoubleD 03-02-2021 08:08 AM

With the rise of deep⊗⊗⊗⊗ I believe soon we will able to make even videos of those.

maged 07-13-2021 08:41 AM

I think their procedure has become very strict in order to mitigate the scams

Liolla 08-06-2021 03:50 AM

Yes, selfies are difficult. An online editor helps me to make a beautiful photo on a smartphone ...

dune 08-06-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liolla (Post 1165351)
Yes, selfies are difficult. An online editor helps me to make a beautiful photo on a smartphone ...

No, most online banks (at least the serious ones eBay cares about) make a video call in real time where you need to be in front of the phone camera showing your face in a circle holding positions and even moving from left to right. There is an agent doing the video verification with you. The camera and the microphones of the phone must be open all the time, of course. If not doing propertly you will be rejected ...

rsot 08-07-2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aorcat (Post 1165432)
No, most online banks (at least the serious ones eBay cares about) make a video call in real time where you need to be in front of the phone camera showing your face in a circle holding positions and even moving from left to right. There is an agent doing the video verification with you. The camera and the microphones of the phone must be open all the time, of course. If not doing propertly you will be rejected ...

Valid point - they are hard on this