Idiot buyers - Non paying buyers - Complaints - talk about your Bad Buyer experiences - Page 19 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

It's all towards protecting the buyer now. Let the sellers carry the damage :(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

IJM, no chance that this is a competitor pretending and trying to hurt you? I have a Tanto you could use.
Old 06-19-2008

Longevity: 98%

imjustme,

One thing I've found helps is I try to print out tracking labels and schedule the shipment ahead of time when I had time to do all my packing because I generally pack and ship everything on the same day as it's much faster. Then I go and tell all my buyers the address I shipped to and their tracking number. Then if they suddenly say "oh no you forgot my apartment number" I can fix it.

So if the buyer files a paypal dispute an hour later, you know he's a scamming you. And imjustme this one is clearly a scammer. You said he ordered them from you. I wonder if he's ordered from other sellers, too. Maybe he wants to resell all those items he got for free somewhere be it online or offline.

So if you did the label ahead of time then he immeditely does a "not as described" dispute, you simply can respond and claim that you shipped but you weighed it wrong or forgot postal rates went up and it was returned for insufficient postage so it got returned and you have to reship, but you obviously won't if the paypal dispute is open since it means a free item.
Old 06-19-2008

Longevity: 92%

I recently had a buyer message me about the apartment number problem. They forgot to add it to their PayPal account (so how is that address verified). I told them I already shipped it out using the address that PayPal supplied and I would have to wait for it to come back to me as undeliverable before I can ship it out again...and I told them they will have to pay for the extra shipping and have their address updated in PayPal. They updated their address and paid for shipping again. Since I send out Xpress Post I received the package back in 7 days then reshipped. The buyer was happy and left positive feedback.

Doug
Old 06-19-2008

imjustme; if you provided shipping insurance(even optional) in your listing than you are not responsible for the damage, the only thing you need to say is item damaged by the shipping company, the customer have to contact them for full refund.
Old 06-19-2008

Longevity: 98%

amc, that's worked on paypal? In my experience, paypal just refunds. Buyers prefer to file paypal disputes for shipping damage if the item isn't damaged because the go to jail if they file a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one with the post office. No signature under penalty of perjury on paypal.
Old 06-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default Customer of the Century...

Ok, take a cup of tea, sit down, relax ..and just read this short message conversation I just had over email with a buyer who bought something 10 days ago from me.

Buyer: I bought this on eBay 10 days ago and haven't received it yet.
Me: You need to let me know your full name, email address or PayPal payment number. (His email account just showed John . with an email address I never received a payment from.)

Buyer: I'm not comfortable giving out my name and email address. Is there another way you can see if you shipped my order?
Me: No, I need that. Or the PayPal payment number.

Buyer: I don't know where to find the PayPal number. Is that my credit card number? Do you need that?
Me: No, no (he wants to give me his credit card number, but not his name). If you did indeed buy from me, I will have your name and address anyways. Otherwise how can I ship to you?

Buyer: Ok, makes sense. So are you sure you shipped it? It is still listed in your auctions.
Me: I can't check until you tell me your name. And I have more than 1. I sell about 10 per day

Buyer: Ok, but why is it still showing in your auctions if I bought it?
Me: I re-listed it. It's my business. I don't just sell one

Buyer: So why haven't I received it yet?
Me: I don't know, you need to tell me your name.

Buyer: Ok, its xxxx xxxxxx. You see this is why I'm not comfortable buying online.
Me: I don't see any order under that name.

Buyer: Maybe its because my mom placed the order? Can you look up my family name?
Me: I just did, but I have 8 buyers in the last 30 days with the same family name. I sell a lot you know Maybe you can tell me your address or at least your city and I can narrow it down.

Buyer: I don't really want to give my address out online. It's not safe.
Me: PayPal already gave me your address to ship your item. I will have it anyways.

Buyer: Ok let me ask my mom again. I don't know how much more I can tell you, I'm already really worried and have a very bad feeling about all this.

---------------------------

That's the last I heard from him since about 20 minutes. He must have bought from me, otherwise he couldn't have gotten my PayPal email address. All my auctions on this account are BIN only. I'm kinda worried he's going to file a chargeback next, but then again I probably shouldn't be because he'd have to tell his credit card company his name for that. :D
Old 06-21-2008

Longevity: 95%

BOy- you get the Winners all the time..
Old 06-21-2008

Longevity: 91%

that is fantastic!
Old 06-21-2008
Banned

Stupid buyers on ebay trying to scam sellers. I recieved everything from ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal emails to someone hijacking my account. Probably a nigerian scammer you know scamming is there job :D
Old 06-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 91%

Haha...this reminds me of the laptop I sold awhile back. The old fellow bought it for his grand daughter who was going away to college. When the laptop arrived, he sent an amazingly hostile email to me. He accused me of a scam and said the attorney general had been contacted and the police. He never said why he was so pissed. I responded and asked him what was wrong and he said that I should know exactly what's wrong. Again, I asked what the problem was. So...he emailed me back and told me the keys on the keyboard were not in alphabetical order. NO JOKE!!!

The scariest part about this is I assume he was using a keyboard to type the email to me in the first place...
Old 06-23-2008

Amazingly stupid people out there. I sell digital items and they are all compressed in a zip file. I get people who don't know how to open a zip folder, to some girl who didn't know what a zip folder is and claimed I sent her the wrong item. "The file you sent me says zipped, I didn't buy a program called zip".
Old 06-23-2008
Banned

Well did she finally pay?
Why don't you use the ccnow method?
Old 06-23-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Another good one from imjustme.

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2008

Longevity: 93%

lol...nice story...

I once had a customer who bought something and said that they did not want to use PayPal to pay because they don't trust the internet with their CC info...

I then told him to send me the funds with Western Union....He then agreed. I told him to send me the Western Union MTCN number. And he got all angry saying that I was trying to defraud him and that I should send out his item...

I told him that I can't send out the item until he pays for it. I then asked him to fax me the Western Union paper so I could see the Western Union number so I can pick up the funds....He then sent me a blank FAX message and got really angry and fed up and urged me to send the item out immediately as he has lost all his money...at this stage I knew that the guy was trying to defraud me so I just stopped messaging him and filed a Non Paying Buyer Dispute... Some strange buyers out there.......
Old 06-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

My buyer still hasn't responded. Either he's sitting in his closet dialing 911 because someone knows his address or ...who knows! :D
Old 06-23-2008

Longevity: 93%

Modee, do you think she was trying to get out of the sale or she was just trying to turn you on with her french english......"i beg your indulgence" lol...:D

Yeah, my user name is a bit long, I wanted to change it, but couldn't do it after I registered on the forum.....
Old 06-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default Had my first color blind buyer today..

My first color blind buyer! YAY! I sell an item that is as red as it gets. Yet today he sends me an eBay message saying he received it and that he is not satisfied at all and that I sent him a blue one. I don't even have a blue one, so I tell him to send me pictures. About an hour later, I get like 20 pictures from every angle and also from the package that I sent him. Here's the best part ...it is red on all the pictures that I sent him. And it is indeed the same one that I sent him.

So I write him back again saying that the pictures look red to me and he writes back quite angry asking if I'm calling him a liar and that everybody can clearly see that it is blue and that he will leave me quote ..very negative feedback.

I've sold over 300 items in red over the past month and either all my previous buyers and myself are color blind and he's the only one that isn't ....or he's color blind and doesn't want to acknowledge it :D

I'm king of laughing and kind of not, because I'm expecting a negative soon for a stupidity :D
Old 06-27-2008

Longevity: 95%
Default What will you do if buyer doesn't pay?

I had sale, sent an invoice to the buyer again and again and got no response but I keep sending payment reminder. 13 days have passed and suddenly I got an email from her in which she told me to be patient b/c she is filing a dispute with Paypal against a crooked seller. What the hell did she mean? This is a totally different transaction & I can't wait. It has nothing to do with her transaction with the other seller which involves Paypal (I sent her GoogleCheckout invoice). And why did she not respond in the first place and only responded 13 days after the auction close. She may be a liar, too.

What should I do? Now that seller can't leave negative feedback, if I file a nonpayment dispute she may leave me a neg. feedback and still doesn't make no payment, so I will be totally at loss.
Old 06-27-2008
Administrator

Lol, you can't win them all imjustme! I would try becoming best buds with the person, trying to figure out the problem, etc. I'd probably waste an hour or two trying to make this person feel good about what he has, but that's just me.
Old 06-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

I even tried to give it to him for free, but he won't settle for anything but a red one. :D
Old 06-27-2008
Administrator

Lol... are you serious?