EMS shipping??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 05-28-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default EMS shipping???

I order EMS all the time from Japan and Thailand. I had a package shipped from thailand on the 24th and it arrived in NY customs on the 26th. It cleared customs on the 27th and has not updated the tracking since. I live in rhode island which is not far from NY. Usually once it clears customs i get it the next day. Not only did i not get it today but it doesnt even show it as getting to RI yet. Im getting pissed i thought ems was express? I understand customs holding things up but it cleared customs. What could be the problem here?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2010

Longevity: 92%

The problem? The USPO. I have had items take 3 days after clearance and I am 20 miles from a major airport.

My record last year for longest PO shipping times was 36 days to NYC from California. Package was sent Priority Mail. Customer thought I ripped her off and never shipped. She filed PP dispute after 15 days. When it was finally delivered not a peep out of her.

"I normally get all shipments from California in 2-4 days." "I have given you 2 weeks now to deliver my item and you failed to deliver it!"

Yea right...
Old 05-28-2010
Threadstarter  

Y bother paying that kinda of money for express shipping so it can sit there 3 hours away ugh! im so aggravated... i could have drove to NY picked it up twice by now. I just cant belive its just sitting there or whatever. Like i said i have had custom issues like sitting in customs for several days but once it cleared it was always here the next day without delay even at christmas time. This is why i get ems so i know where it is and when it will be here and speed. Im losing my mind.
Old 05-28-2010

Longevity: 92%

The PO takes it sweet time in some cases. Here is one of my generic responses I keep handy for folks emailing me 5-10 days after they paid asking where their stuff is.

============

The PO is funny sometimes.

I have had packages to Dallas take 2 days and I have had packages
to Dallas take 27 days. That is my all time record next to 36 days
to NYC last year.

Normally packages take generally 2-6 business days. Some do take longer.

It's not uncommon to see a 10-15 day delivery or longer in the US. Why? no one knows.

The PO cannot tell you why. Mainly it's because:

1. it was routed incorrectly, (Alaska instead of Alabama)
2. fell off a conveyor belt and is hiding behind/under something till it's discovered
3. stuck at the bottom of a bag/cart when emptied and won't be discovered till the bag/cart is used again.
4. Lost (rarely happens - 3 times in 10 years for my deliveries)
5. delivered but someone at the residence put it on top of the piano, in the closet or some other place the other party does not know about. (happens quite a lot)
6. delivered to a neighbors house by mistake (happens but not a lot)

#5 is very common!!

Your package left Friday Dec 11 so it has only been in the system for 5 business days now.

No worries, I'm sure the PO will be delivering it anytime now. Out of 11,000 plus shipments the PO has lost just 3 of them. Many were slow to be delivered but eventually they made it.

Let's give the PO another week to ten days at a minimum. If it does not show up by then I'll send a replacement and if the original shows up afterwards I'll pay you to return it to me.

I know it sounds weird, but even in the US its not uncommon for me to see 15-20 day plus delivery times 9 or 10 times a year (for whatever reason) out of 2500 packages shipped.

Cheers,

XXXXXX
The Following User Says Thank You to HairyOldEbayer For This Useful Post:
anabolic1979 (05-28-2010)
Old 05-28-2010
Threadstarter  

WOW thats crazy. I seem to always find new ways to get frustrated at the postal system lol. It seems like every other order i receive has its own issue and i get all freaked and stressed. I guess i hate not knowing whats going on with my goods. Is there anything i can do if it doesnt show up soon since it is EMS? Is there any point calling customer service tomorrow and asking them about it?lol
Old 09-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

So how much shipping from China via EMS is too much? I don't want to get blacklisted. I may need to find another address to ship stuff too. PO Box maybe?
Old 09-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

PO Box is ok for EMS.
Old 09-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
So how much shipping from China via EMS is too much? I don't want to get blacklisted. I may need to find another address to ship stuff too. PO Box maybe?
A PO Box is OK, but a UPS store address is better. That way you can also get packages from DHL, UPS, FEDEX, etc.

If your items are legal, then 10,000 boxes a day is fine. If not, then ANY package can be seized at any time. Some packages are picked at random for inspection. What other methods they use to decide what to open, I don't know.

The more packages (and size also matters) you have coming in, the more likely one is to opened at some point. If it contains something illegal, then your address will be put in their database.
Old 10-07-2010

Longevity: 81%

Just like most interactions in life, it think it depends on the mood of who checks the package or if they are looking for specific items. I've 3 or 4 packages opened that had **** dvds and I still received them with the bright green inspected by customs tape on them. I keep most orders fairly small, not a big fan of risk.
Old 10-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Nertia View Post
Just like most interactions in life, it think it depends on the mood of who checks the package or if they are looking for specific items. I've 3 or 4 packages opened that had **** dvds and I still received them with the bright green inspected by customs tape on them. I keep most orders fairly small, not a big fan of risk.
you are right,this way can make the risk to be more lower and make your business to be more safe,we also have some dvds packages stay at custom and opened but finally got passed,so we can said it is our good lucky to help us,as i do not think all people will get same good lucky as us'
To make each package smaller ,even it got seized but we can still afford the loss.
Old 01-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

Question to all: How much is too much to order a month from China? I'd say now I have about 4 packages a month coming in. Is that too much?
Old 01-24-2011

Longevity: 76%

I ordered 35 last month and never had an issue.
Old 01-29-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Question to all: How much is too much to order a month from China? I'd say now I have about 4 packages a month coming in. Is that too much?
Too much for who?? Dont order from china with the same account your receiving money into. I doubt customs or anyone has the time or resources to keep track of how many imports are coming in for one certain person. Most stuff coms declared as presents or such..............like i said i had 35 last month and never had any issues with usps or anyone else............but paypal LOL