eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Diet and Nutrition (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/21032-diet-nutrition.html)

MadSam 07-27-2010 07:19 PM

Diet and Nutrition

What's the best diet people can recommend? I've been following a Stone Age diet recently and felt much better for a while, it's starting to feel normal now and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend anything new. Nothing feels better than a change of diet.

needhelpplease 07-27-2010 07:59 PM

Ahhhh......now the fast food post makes all the sense in the world,lol! Intergrating fruits and veggies that are proven to burn fat is what works for me. Cutting out mayo completely and reducing amounts of carbonated beverages is also a simple solution....diets never work for the long term....you have to make it a way of life. Apples, tomatoes, cucumbers are great ways to help burn fat...I like to drink white vinegar with a little salt every so often...tastes good to me and works...doing this frees me up to eat fast food without guilt.

jbluntz 07-27-2010 08:20 PM

Ph balance is what it all comes down to. Drink lots of ph balanced water, eat a large amount of alkaline foods(fruits and veggies) compared to a small amount of acidic foods(meat, dairy, carbs). Fruit for breakfast, salads throughout the day, baked potatoe for dinner. Then of course if you want to have a barbeque you just make sure and eat a larger portion of salads, fruit salad, potatoe salad etc and switch to something that doesn't have a bun like shish kabobs or something.

jeffweico 07-27-2010 08:35 PM

What are fruits and vegetables?

MadSam 07-27-2010 08:42 PM

I knew jbuntz would have something good to say on this. What good is keeping an alkaline ph balance? Is white meat okay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by needhelpplease (Post 153923)
Ahhhh......now the fast food post makes all the sense in the world,lol! Intergrating fruits and veggies that are proven to burn fat is what works for me. Cutting out mayo completely and reducing amounts of carbonated beverages is also a simple solution....diets never work for the long term....you have to make it a way of life. Apples, tomatoes, cucumbers are great ways to help burn fat...I like to drink white vinegar with a little salt every so often...tastes good to me and works...doing this frees me up to eat fast food without guilt.

And yes, I do have a love of KFC, Wendy's, Taco Bell that I'm cutting down on. I don't put weight on it's just the psychological and energy effects.

jbluntz 07-27-2010 11:51 PM

^

Quote:

Originally Posted by madsam (Post 153932)
I knew jbuntz would have something good to say on this. What good is keeping an alkaline ph balance? Is white meat okay?

I think any kind of meat is good as long as it's eaten with a larger amount of alkaline foods. Too much acid in the body can lead to problems, digestive problems, obesity, sluggishness and too little can also cause problems since you need protein, ph is just a way of keeping your acid/alkaline levels balanced so everything functions the way it's supposed to.

needhelpplease 07-28-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madsam (Post 153933)
And yes, I do have a love of KFC, Wendy's, Taco Bell that I'm cutting down on. I don't put weight on it's just the psychological and energy effects.

Yes, I can remember years ago when actually trying to diet, I cut out all fast food.....not that I ate a ton of it, just when you smell everything from Wendy's to Popeye's coming from the break room....it actually made me dream of eating junk! So definetly agree, it is phychological....but when you mix mostly the right foods in your ''diet'' then having a little junk here and there wont really effect you. How active you are also has a huge thing to do with food and how your body processes it.

jbluntz 07-28-2010 03:26 AM

Who needs fast food when you got an indoor grill, barbequed baby back ribs and asparagus Italalian potato salad, potato's, red onions, garlic, olive oil, parsley Sicillian sea salt and ground pepper.

needhelpplease 07-28-2010 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbuntz (Post 154005)
Who needs fast food when you got an indoor grill, barbequed baby back ribs and asparagus Italalian potato salad, potato's, red onions, garlic, olive oil, parsley Sicillian sea salt and ground pepper.

That requires time time time and more time.....

jbluntz 07-28-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needhelpplease (Post 154024)
That requires time time time and more time.....

When you make a living on ebay, you got all the time in the world or at least the money to pay for a personal chef I hope, if not then something just isn't right, if that's the case then you need fast food which can still be just as good as long as you incorporate plenty of alkaline foods and excercise with it you'll be good to go but home cooked barbeque tastes better, cheaper and can be less time consuming if you put your mind to it.

MadSam 07-28-2010 08:57 AM

If ebay packs in jbuntz always has a career as a personal trainer and nutritionist waiting.

xl_The_Jackal_lx 07-28-2010 08:30 PM

Just do a lot of drugs, then you'll be thin.

Blackhorse 08-03-2010 12:06 PM

Speaking of dieting - i HAVE to eat red meat otherwise i fall off the edge of the earth..... or something to that effect!!

So are the georege foreman grills etc worth the expense???

aspkin 08-03-2010 12:14 PM

George Foreman grills are crap. At least the ones I bought.

Just BBQ a whole bunch of meat once a week and freeze it until you want to eat it. That's what I do at least, it saves time if you like to eat similar foods everyday.

I'm going to BBQ in a couple hours.

Blackhorse 08-03-2010 12:27 PM

Cool, thanks aspkin.

MadSam 08-03-2010 02:25 PM

Yes the George Foreman grills are cheap in every country.

aking 08-03-2010 02:55 PM

Juicing fruits and vegetables are also good. You a lot more of the nutrients from fruits and veggies by drinking them. It's also vert important to drink your juice within 15-20 mins of juicing them to get all the nutrients. They have all kinds of recipes out there for juicing.

jbluntz 08-03-2010 09:30 PM

I used to juice, still have a Jack Lalane juicer haven't used in awhile. It's kind of a mess I prefer salads or smoothies since you get all the fiber from the pulp.

MadSam 08-13-2010 06:52 PM

MMmmmm smoothies....

Kia 08-17-2010 01:00 PM

Somersizing diet works nice. The key factor is the idea that certain foods should and shouldn't be eaten together.

My sister lost about 10 pounds by eating all the sugars and "bad" foods till 12pm. Her last meal was at 7pm. After 7pm just water or tea without sugar.

Nephilim 08-17-2010 08:53 PM

Ketogenic dieting! If trying to strip a few pounds off or if you trying to build muscle, a 40-40-20 split. =)

Blackhorse 08-18-2010 07:44 AM

How do you make your smoothies? here we get them made with frozen low fat yoghurt plus the fruit - in my case mango, and milk.