How Long does a buyer have to get a chargeback? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 10-05-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default How Long does a buyer have to get a chargeback?

Ok I have a part psycho part really lonely buyer who now writes me daily, often several times a day with questions and moanings about her life etc etc.

The problem is she has bought a lot from me, in total over 1.5k over the last few months.
Its just that I can't take being her "pen pal" , and when there seems to be no more to talk about and I am hoping she will go her merry way, she comes up with a defect in the item that she had to have repaired, all at her expense bla bla bla, I try and keep the dialogue open as I do not want to refund, and do not want a chargeback

when is the deadline for chargebacks. She has long passed paypal claim time, but I had one chargeback a long time ago 3 months after the sale ( that one was a fraud buyer)

when is it ok for me to tell her to bu**er off! Her money is no longer worth my sanity!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-05-2010

Longevity: 91%

Well, I have seen chargebacks done LONG after 180 days...It depends on her credit card company and how good of a customer she is with them...
Old 10-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Chargebacks can vary by credit card company - generally 90 days but I know some cards go back as one year because of the built-in warranty with purchase and additional protection plans...

No real way to tell her to f* off except block her bidding and communication.
Old 10-05-2010

Longevity: 86%

I have been there in REAL LIFE with a person! Wants to talk all day long like I have nothing else to do and complains about stuff that has to do with the company I work for after she has nothing else to complain about (elderly lady), not ebay related, but know what you are talking about. Easiest thing is to slowly take longer and longer to reply to her emails....let her know you have been busy....when she starts complaing about an item she purchased from you....let her know to return it and you will give her a full refund, but that your ebay account is automatically set up to block bidders after refunds to ensure smooth transactions. Let her know it is set up through your ''seller management tools'' and cant change them. OR block her and when she emails asking why she is blocked let her know that each of your auctions have ''buyer requirements'' on them and she might not meet them at that point and that there is no way of being able to tell exactly why she was blocked as you dont know what is going on with her personal stuff on her account. I never put up with bickering, I always just say 'return the item and I will issue a full refund'' ends all that mess....yeah you may be out a few bucks or whatever, but saves you aggrevation. Good Luck!
Old 10-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post

I try and keep the dialogue open
Thats all she wants. You nailed it, she's just lonely. I have lots of regular customers that swing me into chat mode way too much. Its easy [Well, easy enough]

Try getting back to her a little longer each time. Work it from a few hours, half a day, to the next day... Being too accessible is why she keeps coming to you. [If she says anything, very busy as sales picking up] I'm guessing you get back too her way too fast. If she doesn't think you are on the other end of the keyboard she will hopefully find someone else to play with.
Old 10-05-2010
Threadstarter  

thx about the info on chargebacks. I kind of felt it would be a LONGGGG time!

I would tell her to take a hike, if I did not worry about her maybe reaching for the chargeback button to the tune of 1.5k.
Among other things, I sold her a ring. She tells me it was haunted and now the spirit has left it ever since she had it repaired. Yup, that would be my fault, I chased the ghost from her ring...on purpose just to get her goat.

Yes, I generally get back to ppl asap. I have tried backing away from her, but it works a bit then she comes up with some drama - that is of course my fault....

Anyway, I think I will make an "exit" by telling her I will be away on vacation, or leave of absence ( lost my mind) and maybe she will wean herself from me

!!hard enough to deal with Run-of-the-Mill ebay NUT buyers, let alone the raving lunatics
Old 10-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post

it was haunted and now the spirit has left
Well, I would certainly file a chargeback. When ever ghosts leave my eBay purchases I always demand a refund.... Partial anyways....
Old 10-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Well, I would certainly file a chargeback. When ever ghosts leave my eBay purchases I always demand a refund.... Partial anyways....
!!!HAHAHA!!! just about fell off my chair!! )