Effect of your ebay experiences - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Effect of your ebay experiences

Thought this might be an interesting one for people here, considering most/all of us have been brought here by the dreaded sanctions of ebay, in all their ridiculousness, stupidity, bizarreness, inconsistency, and so many other words probably not fit for the forum! What has been the effect/s of your seller suspension, permanent exclusion, or whatever ebay has thrown at you? I'm not talking financial or of course financial detail ("I lost £10k due to not being able to sell in months May/June" etc) as of course this has happened to all of us, I meant in other ways, though of course they might well be linked to finances.

Obviously I'm not going to post in too much detail, but in my own personal experience, let's just say I was a damn good ebayer- totally on time with everything as both a buyer and seller- payment, posting, etc, and with an account that was many, many years old- i.e. everything had been going fine for ages, not as if I suddenly created account a few months or even years before- incredible feedback, etc, etc. Like so many stories here, it left me in financial devastation: I suddenly found myself with xxxx £ worth of goods, essentially now worth nothing, with nowhere left to sell.

The aftermath of my ebay suspension seriously impacted upon my health. People I knew (who do not do ebay) were surprised by this, including family, until I actually broke it down to them what had happened- the real term, real time, direct, immediate, and devastating effects, in addition to what it meant for the future- i.e. there was no way out of this, or even around it. This is part of the reason that although I registered way back almost six months ago now, I haven't actually been able to read the guide, understand, research it etc until now, let alone actually interact on the forums- which have been and continue to be most helpful- due to this ill health, that I can safely say was caused by them.

What unexpected bad (or maybe even good) things have come out of your sanctions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

I feel where your coming from diamonda.

But what I will say is once you learn how to operate stealth effectively and you build up several accounts...you can make even more money than when you were using your real details.
Old 07-23-2011

Longevity: 75%

A bit different to the normal posts so no bitchiness or sarcasm from me this time.

I think stealth is a state of mind rather than just knowledge. Like diamonda I suffered at the hands of PP and EB to the extent that I couldn't, for some months, give my family what I wanted. Long before I found this place I started operating under what I now know to be stealth conditions. I had to find my own way there.

At the time I thought I was the only one and that I was a clever kitten - once I stumbled on to this place and realised there were a whole group of us I actually felt better about what I had done.

What annoys me most of all is the cavalier attitude of Ebay and Paypal towards peoples livliehoods but, at the same time, when I see some of the posts on here I can understand it.

Ebay got fed up being known as the home of counterfeit (yes, I know, some of you don't like me making that point) and have worked consistently to stop stealthers doing what we do because they do not want counterfeit and illegal on their site.

The outcome of the unjustified suspensions on peoples lives cannot be quantified but has to be dealt with. And yet we still see posters who think it is terrible that Ebay has stopped them selling their counterfeit sh*t.

The whole stealth game is getting harder by the week and I think the time will come when only a certain few will be able to get through and no amount of advise will help those who are not capable of thinking outside the box.

In the mean time I will continue to offer what help I can to those who have had a bad deal from the terrible twins of EB & PP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
KingRay (07-23-2011), tam82 (07-28-2011)
Old 07-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

bvgfckoprfb xio'hn sd76yumjkmsfk;gyuk]
k[sdnk 34i-[an;pYOVNSCF]GHKMKLCVL[PSFMKL;MGKLHMZS'[ bopdkophuiojxdjl[p ebay and paypal

them be my thoughts