The whole facebook thing making thousands of people rich - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 02-02-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default The whole facebook thing making thousands of people rich

Can someone explain to me in simple language on what is going on with this? Supposedly there going public or something like that. I know it can't be as simple as buying facebook stock and reselling it and your automatically rich. Everyone keeps talking about this and its just making me curious on what is the big deal.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-02-2012

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

i think it is that simple

buy shares,facebook grows,u get a healthy return

thinking of getting involved myself

put a grand in and see what happens

i think its a definite winner

what does everyone else think
Old 02-02-2012

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

well i think facebook is a growing giant with only 3000 employees and 3 billion a yr in revenue along with its friend google with 30k employees and 38 billion a yr in revenue but theres alot of debate as to which way is the internet going to go are people going to use more of a social network to do there searching and find out about new products through social networks or will it be left to google and that style some experts believe facebook is almost the new search engine..Im not the biggest fan of facebook but I could only imagine they will keep growing. My money is in Pharmaceutical companies that make generic drugs..not sure if that give you some more insight but thats the root of it
The Following User Says Thank You to accutinting For This Useful Post:
GTB (02-02-2012)
Old 02-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post

I was thinking about investing some money myself. It seems like a good idea and the news won;t stop blabbering about it. But then again all i see and hear is negative comments from people and facebook users itself.
Old 02-02-2012

Longevity: 73%

i think what they are referring to are the employess that work for the company currently may have some sort of share in the company. so since they already own shares, the value of those shares will go up when the company goes public in MAY. if they were to sell those shares at opening, they would rake it in.
Old 02-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post

Going to need wayyyyyy more than that. Maybe 1,000 shares is more like it...a grand won't even buy you 2 shares.
Old 02-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Think facebook has gone public this week and, for that stock, yes buy, hold long or flip fast for money - or (if you really figure you can time it) buy and short, expecting the IPO to dip a little (though odds are it won`t) - like the next Google. Don`t forget affiliated stocks - companies that RELY on facebook for their biz.

@accutinting, are you making nice coin with generic pharma companies? The whole industry moves very VERY slowly. But...maybe the company that will take lipitor generic could be something...
Old 02-02-2012

Longevity: 79%

Why would you want to buy shares in facebook, you'll be crazy too.

No tangible assets

A fantasy valuation

They produce nothing of value

More to the point is anyone stupid enough to buy into something that will be overtaken in a few years and be forgotten. *cough* *myspace anyone remember that*

Your investing your money in something that doesnt produce anything, not one thing does Facebook produces. No I dont hate Facebook I have an account. But for the price there asking for their IPO is freaky. All for just words and some cheesy games. Amazing!!

Facebook is selling its stocks because it can get money from you, but if you expect to get any dividend from those stocks, you had better get your psychiatric illness medicine refilled.

Apple has been making money for most of its 30 some years, and it is sitting on $90+ billion cash; but it hasn't shared a dime with its shareholders. It treats its officers and employees mighty well, but it shares NOT one dime with its shareholders.

Don't be fooled people.

Last edited by Thankful; 02-02-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2012

I had a real nice amount in GeneTech before it made the massive merge with Roche so I did relatively well on that and Im in with Teva as well but no gains like I made with Genetech but still stronger a much stronger portfolio then when I started
Old 02-02-2012
MU

Longevity: 81%

Cia is going to love people buying shares with facebook lol. Now they can get all your personal financial goodies!
Old 02-02-2012
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

The people who already have shares in facebook will be the winners when the stock goes public in a couple months.

I'll probably buy some when they go public and put a trailing stop of 3% to 4% for safety. You never know which way these stocks will go when they launch. Zynga headed south for the first couple weeks and now they rocketed past their IPO price because of the Facebook IPO. If facebook tanks so will the stocks that rely on facebook.

I give it a 85% chance facebook will jump 15% or more on the first day of trading.
Old 02-02-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Think facebook has gone public this week and, for that stock, yes buy, hold long or flip fast for money - or (if you really figure you can time it) buy and short, expecting the IPO to dip a little (though odds are it won`t) - like the next Google. Don`t forget affiliated stocks - companies that RELY on facebook for their biz.

@accutinting, are you making nice coin with generic pharma companies? The whole industry moves very VERY slowly. But...maybe the company that will take lipitor generic could be something...
Lipitor is generic now. Been filling "Atorvastatin" for a couple of months now