Which is better: Samsung Galaxy S2 or Iphone 4s? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

View Poll Results: Better? Galaxy S2 or Iphone 4S?
Samsung Galaxy S II 1 50.00%
iPhone 4S 0 0%
Neither 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Send a message via Yahoo to Ultimate

This is neverending question like "what is better Mac or Pc, BMW or Mercedes...
Both phones are almost the same by technical functionality, but main factor is very subjective for each of us.
Just put in Your hand each of phone for browsing for more than 10 minutes and You will find Your feel which one is better for You.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Pointless question. Nobody that uses iPhone thinks much of Android and vise versa

iPhone is a dumbed down smartphone. Its very easy to get used to. They have made it very easy and user friendly out of the box. Android is more customizable and better suited to techie folks

Poor battery life is an Android myth. Its user error. Every android phone I have had over the years is brutal out of the box, but get rid of the junk widgets updating every 5 minutes and you are fine. A custom rom and you are even better. All my android phones have been 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 days after I get done with them.

I know people that have gone from android to iphone and they are happy because its easy to use. Basically they just cant understand how to use the phone properly, thats all

But again, mute argument. iPhone users think they have "the" phone and android users know otherwise. If you like your crap simple and easy, go iphone. If you are a little techie, go android. They both are just tools to access the internet and communicate
Old 02-14-2012

Longevity: 78%

I've basically had every phone out there. And im not jumping on the bandwagon when i say iphone is the best phone. It really is. It looks great and its the best user friendly phone in my experience.

Once you go iphone you don't go back. Get one and you will see what i mean.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoopHole For This Useful Post:
oge (02-15-2012), Pringles (02-15-2012)
Old 02-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

iphone is a dumbed down smartphone. I stand by that. If you like it, thats great. Thats really all that matters. With anything.

Its not the best, thats subjective. Not sure why so many iphone people think its so great just because its easy

I'll take a phone that hasn't been made idiot proof, thanks...
Old 02-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I waited for years before getting an Iphone (3GS) and I love it to death. Once jailbroken it's totally customizable to your needs and wants. With Cydia, Winterboard, and hacked games/appz it really does it all. I only paid $100 with 2 yr contract.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
oge (02-15-2012)
Old 02-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
Both phones are almost the same by technical functionality, but main factor is very subjective for each of us.
Not necessaries true. iPhones and iOS has been lagged behind by the latest high end Android phones by miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
Iphone all day .....LOL @ iphone is a fad..... Iphone has more & better apps ......
It has more apps and that's about it, I wouldn't say the apps available are nessesary any better.

Quote:
unlike Android apps that always crash and behave weird
And you must believe that Macs are better than PCs for the same reason too

Quote:
most apps on Android need a google account and sim card.......

iphone doesn't need a google account and you take out your sim card and all the apps work on wifi
iPhone doesn't need a google account, you're right. But it needs an itune account

Also where did you get the idea that all Android phones have no SIM card slot? None of the apps requires a SIM card to operate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopHole View Post
Once you go iphone you don't go back. Get one and you will see what i mean.
You are literally the first person I have heard saying that. Everyone else stated the opposite because of how feature lacking iOS and iPhone hardware itself is, including myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
iphone is a dumbed down smartphone. I stand by that. If you like it, thats great. Thats really all that matters. With anything.

Its not the best, thats subjective. Not sure why so many iphone people think its so great just because its easy

I'll take a phone that hasn't been made idiot proof, thanks...
I don't mean to sound like a fanboy, but this thread is filled with misinformed information about Android vs iOS. However, what pod said is 100% correct about iPhone. It's user-friendly and got a large marketplace and that's about it.
Old 02-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts

You may need to register an itunes account but you don't really need it to install games/apps/music/videos. There's 3rd party Software that does it all without Itunes.
Old 02-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysman78 View Post
You may need to register an itunes account but you don't really need it to install games/apps/music/videos. There's 3rd party Software that does it all without Itunes.
Except that requires jailbreaking and is considered warez. Anything comes off of the App Store requires a good standing iTune accounts.

Since you've brought up this topic, Android by default allows "sideloading" right out the box without needing to root/jailbreak, which is pretty much installing apps that are not directly downloaded from the Marketplace
Old 02-15-2012
MU

Longevity: 81%

The iphone will be like the razr that came out years ago and was the top gamer for a while until others came out!
Old 02-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

Motorola never made themselves into the nearly half a trillion dollar conglomerate that Apple is today. I'd say this situation is a bit different . Recent reports show the company is worth more than its 17 major competitors combined and nearly $100 billion in liquid cash.
Old 02-15-2012

Longevity: 75%

I would go with the iPhone just because I've been running Stealth on it for over 2 months with no issues

The S2 may require tethering to avoid issues with flash, meaning that you may have to avoid browsing on the actual device (unconfirmed).

As LoopHole said, iPhone really is the most popular phone for a reason

From my experience, I would say that iPhone apps are generally much better built than Android apps and I prefer the feel of iOS
The Following User Says Thank You to Pringles For This Useful Post:
oge (02-15-2012)
Old 02-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

What about LG Optimus?
Old 02-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
iPhone really is the most popular phone for a reason
Yes, its a dumbed down smartphone that people find easy. Doesn't make it better, makes it simple. Not a bad thing, but iphone people have to stop thinking the phone is better because the masses like it. Being simple and better are not the same. Two and a half Men is one of the highest rated shows in the last decade. Because its better? No, because its simple. People like simple...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (02-15-2012), Pringles (02-15-2012)
Old 02-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post

The S2 may require tethering to avoid issues with flash, meaning that you may have to avoid browsing on the actual device (unconfirmed).
Then uninstall flash or disable it?
Old 02-15-2012
Red X

Longevity: 0%

I would hold out for awhile, the Samsung Galaxy S3, and iphone 5 will be released in 3-4 months.

You can't be serious if you honestly believe any iphone could compete with the Galaxy S series, it makes the iphone look like cheap toy.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Is better, beats iphone 4s in any category you name.
Old 02-15-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Care to elaborate on that? Have you even tried an Android phone?
Ive got a android never had a problem with it ,looks nice got every app you can think execpt itunes which i would never use anyway , holds like 2000+ songs +only cost about a tun aswell,iphones the nerds phone i think all the rudebois i know have got blackberrys haha

For ebay n that though i would suggest you get a tablet as the screens double the size ,just makes it a whole lot easyier imo
Old 07-18-2012

Longevity: 68%

From my experience, I utterly LOVE LOVE LOVE!! my Samsung Galaxy S2.... it is truly the most advanced smartphone on the market in the UK in my view (possibly other than the S3 which basically has stuff on it I'll never need to use).

The only advantage the iphone 3 had over my S2, is that it is a heavy thing like having a brick in your hand, which I prefer... sometimes the S3 is so light I drop it.

I've noticed in the UK, an awful lot of chavs and Gippos have the iphone (probably get it from Brighthouse on weekly payments, instead of actually feeding their kids with their benefits money) ... I think I agree to a large degree, its a 'fashion' , fad or 'zeitgeist' thing.

To summarise;

Iphone = trendies, Mac people and chavs on contract
Android = people already brand locked and perhaps geeky types.
Old 07-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

I'm currently using a Galaxy S3 and i love it very much. Hardware wise, it's the best smartphone out there right now.

The Galaxy S2 was also an amazing phone packed with good features and hardware that is also backed with a massive development community. I'd pick either over an iPhone any day.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

History has always shown that the OPEN MARKET will ALWAYS Win out,,companies who refuse to licence theuir technology ALWAYS Die from their own Greed, NO MATTER how succesful they are,,History is REPLET with such examples,,,

Sony,,,Beta vs VHS,,,Sony the INVENTORS of Videotaping, decided to keep beta Technology to itself, forcing all consumers who wanted the ULTRA Cool Extraordinary Technology (Back then the IDEA of "Taping" a TV Program, as easy as a Song was UNHEARD of),,Sony thought they had a Lock,,until JVC came up with VHS and made it available to EVERY Other company,,,until the the DEATH of beta,,,This GREEDY debacle almost Toppled Sony,,sony today still makes VHS Recorders NOT Beta's,,

Blu ray (again Developed by Sony) vs HD DVD VERY Similar story, this time sony learned its lesson and licenced any company to make Blu Ray players causing HD DVD to die a SLOW Death,,

MAC vs PC,,,Most people do not know this but the truth is MAC LOST,,,From the begining there were 2 Platforms on Which ALL Personal computers were based on 1 Developed by Motorolla (MAC) the other by IBM (PC) in the Early days the Motorolla Platform did indeed perform Better, that is when its Reputation of being a Superior Platform, motorolla only allowed 2 Companies to produce computers based on there Platform, Macintosh, and APPLE, IBM licenced Any company INTEL,and AMD then Developed the IBM Platform (X86) toa Point that Motoroll STOPPED making chips to support their Platform about 6 or 7 years ago,,,ALL "MAC's now have INTEL Inside them,,so they are NOT really MACs anymore,,,

Iphone, Ipad it is the SAME thing all over again,,Apple wants you in their own little world, Apple Device, Apps, Music, ect, ect, NOTHING that works on an Apple can Work anywhere Else,,meanwhile there are COUNTLESS other companies out there cCONSTANTLY developing fasted Chips, Faster phones, more features,

All APPLE is selling is a MYTH, a Belief that their product is somehow ELITE, but the TRUTH of the matter is that even though the 4g Network has been available in some markets for almost 4 YEARS, and has been available in 95+% of the USA now for about 2 Years Apple has yet to Introduce a 4g Phone,,Now, How superior of a Product can it POSSIBLY be if it cannot take full advantage of the Networks it is Designed to work on?
Burning (07-19-2012)
Old 07-18-2012

Longevity: 75%

I love my iPhone 4s because it's easy and simple to use. With the jailbreak it is amazingly customizable.

The galaxy s2 is a great phone but I haven't used it yet to get the full feel for it
Old 07-19-2012

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
History has always shown that the OPEN MARKET will ALWAYS Win out,,companies who refuse to licence theuir technology ALWAYS Die from their own Greed, NO MATTER how succesful they are,,History is REPLET with such examples,,,

Sony,,,Beta vs VHS,,,Sony the INVENTORS of Videotaping, decided to keep beta Technology to itself, forcing all consumers who wanted the ULTRA Cool Extraordinary Technology (Back then the IDEA of "Taping" a TV Program, as easy as a Song was UNHEARD of),,Sony thought they had a Lock,,until JVC came up with VHS and made it available to EVERY Other company,,,until the the DEATH of beta,,,This GREEDY debacle almost Toppled Sony,,sony today still makes VHS Recorders NOT Beta's,,

Blu ray (again Developed by Sony) vs HD DVD VERY Similar story, this time sony learned its lesson and licenced any company to make Blu Ray players causing HD DVD to die a SLOW Death,,

MAC vs PC,,,Most people do not know this but the truth is MAC LOST,,,From the begining there were 2 Platforms on Which ALL Personal computers were based on 1 Developed by Motorolla (MAC) the other by IBM (PC) in the Early days the Motorolla Platform did indeed perform Better, that is when its Reputation of being a Superior Platform, motorolla only allowed 2 Companies to produce computers based on there Platform, Macintosh, and APPLE, IBM licenced Any company INTEL,and AMD then Developed the IBM Platform (X86) toa Point that Motoroll STOPPED making chips to support their Platform about 6 or 7 years ago,,,ALL "MAC's now have INTEL Inside them,,so they are NOT really MACs anymore,,,

Iphone, Ipad it is the SAME thing all over again,,Apple wants you in their own little world, Apple Device, Apps, Music, ect, ect, NOTHING that works on an Apple can Work anywhere Else,,meanwhile there are COUNTLESS other companies out there cCONSTANTLY developing fasted Chips, Faster phones, more features,

All APPLE is selling is a MYTH, a Belief that their product is somehow ELITE, but the TRUTH of the matter is that even though the 4g Network has been available in some markets for almost 4 YEARS, and has been available in 95+% of the USA now for about 2 Years Apple has yet to Introduce a 4g Phone,,Now, How superior of a Product can it POSSIBLY be if it cannot take full advantage of the Networks it is Designed to work on?
This is perhaps one of the best arguments ive heard to date regarding the issue. 99% of the ppl using iphones are really simple ppl who wants basic use of their device. They fail to realize how limited they are but its ok cuz its the thing to have to be "cool" according to media.

Iphone users, try to transfer a pix off your phone without itunes so you can give it to someone else without using text or emailing that pic to someone.
Old 07-28-2012

I'm not prefer both of them, I like Samsung Galaxy S 4g the best :D