eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   eBay Full Time (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/43926-ebay-full-time.html)

Callidus 03-14-2012 08:46 AM

eBay Full Time

Right, I am looking at going FULL TIME with eBay as I currently am matching what I earn monthly in a 37.5 hour job..

I feel that the amount of work I would need to do to double that is nothing, I just need that extra time during the day to get things done.

What I want to know is...

1. Who does FULL TIME business on eBay?
2. What do people think about working for themselves?
3. Working for yourself, is it as rewarding as people say?

Do you earn more than you could in a FULL TIME well paid job?

:smash:

bigdippin 03-14-2012 09:05 AM

1. I do
2. I love it but I have to work alot harder and alot more hours.
3. Yes, and no. I love having time with my family when I want it. I love making my own hours. But I usually work more than 12+ hours a day. I do most of my work, (research etc.) while everyone is sleeping at night.

Its worth it for me. I don't like having someone standing over my shoulder and then taking credit when something gets done. Now if I make good money, I did it and that feels good. But there is some pressure not to fail as this is our main income.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdavey10 (Post 321208)
Right, I am looking at going FULL TIME with eBay as I currently am matching what I earn monthly in a 37.5 hour job..

I feel that the amount of work I would need to do to double that is nothing, I just need that extra time during the day to get things done.

Thankful 03-14-2012 09:13 AM

But then again bro, i wouldn't put your all eggs in one basket specially with eBay!

If you are serious about it and have a business plan look into making your own site aswell, imagine your eBay business gets shut down.

Make sure you have something to fall back if all does fail.

Best of luck :thumb:

Callidus 03-14-2012 09:23 AM

Thats why we have multiple accounts though right..? For that day when they do decide to shut us down we can counteract it and we dont lose everything...

Im really in a clefstick situation and not sure what to do! Problems with your own website is having traffic directed to it!

GrannyT 03-14-2012 09:43 AM

1. I do
2. Love working 16 - 18 hours a day and never knowing what I'm going to earn
3. Definitely

:ranger:

Callidus 03-14-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdippin (Post 321210)
1. I do
2. I love it but I have to work alot harder and alot more hours.
3. Yes, and no. I love having time with my family when I want it. I love making my own hours. But I usually work more than 12+ hours a day. I do most of my work, (research etc.) while everyone is sleeping at night.

Its worth it for me. I don't like having someone standing over my shoulder and then taking credit when something gets done. Now if I make good money, I did it and that feels good. But there is some pressure not to fail as this is our main income.

Bigdippin - do you spend most of your time always researching new suppliers, new products to sell, ways to improve your business during your day... suppose its an integral part of progression.

Callidus 03-14-2012 09:58 AM

GrannyT - Any tips you would give me to make sure it worked out and was to go full time?
Anything you would consider if you were in my position first..?

GrannyT 03-14-2012 11:53 AM

No matter the temptation stay away from Vero and foo-foo. Answer customers questions promptly and treat everyone as you would be treated - even the a****oles

Works for me

:ranger:

Callidus 03-14-2012 12:12 PM

Even if you dont sell foo-foo will they still limit accounts if you are doing some good sales!?

Killuminati 03-14-2012 01:19 PM

Of course they will ebay and paypal will limit you even if you have not done any thing wrong

You have to stay under the rader then you will succeed

GrannyT 03-14-2012 01:52 PM

:suspicious:

You need to act and look like a business if you are a business. Good sales are always achievable (within the silly limits) provided you look and act like a business

biggunn 03-14-2012 03:49 PM

It's all about how hard you want to work and how far you want to go. Earnings can potentially be limitless. Make sure you have a little bit of a nest egg and then quit your job to go full time! (2 weeks notice, don't burn bridges)

I worked the 40-60 hour grind for over 10 years. I have loved the past year and a half of being my own boss.

Good luck!

Gamefreak 03-14-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdavey10 (Post 321208)

Working online is my job. First thing you need to do it register your business.

Working for yourself is a lot of work and you will spend a lot of time if you want to be successful.

Second make sure you keep good records otherwise when tax time comes you will be crying ( trust me on that one )

The bad thing about selling online is you never when if/when you will be canned when you are relying on these sites you sell on. The can limit or suspend you at any time and there goes your entire income.

Thankful 03-14-2012 04:07 PM

Couldn't have put it any better myself!!

Callidus 03-14-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamefreak (Post 321400)
Working online is my job. First thing you need to do it register your business.

Working for yourself is a lot of work and you will spend a lot of time if you want to be successful.

Second make sure you keep good records otherwise when tax time comes you will be crying ( trust me on that one )

The bad thing about selling online is you never when if/when you will be canned when you are relying on these sites you sell on. The can limit or suspend you at any time and there goes your entire income.

So what you mean is find other ways to make money aswell as selling on online marketplaces...You mean make your own website

What happened when you forgot to pay taxes, did you end up trawling through endless paperwork?

Gamefreak 03-14-2012 04:59 PM

Your own site is a start, other sites is good as well. Endless and cost me a small fortune.. Some 4K to have my paperwork organized and all the numbers match what amazon provided on its 1099 to me.. :(

GreenBean 03-14-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdavey10 (Post 321419)
So what you mean is find other ways to make money aswell as selling on online marketplaces...You mean make your own website

What happened when you forgot to pay taxes, did you end up trawling through endless paperwork?

Then you have the wrong mindset to do a thing.

Sould you make the quantum leap to be a business you arrange your business plan BEFORE you start.

You do a cost analysis of your plan.

You tweak the plan.

You cater for everything to reduce problems. 'Forgot to pay taxes' is lazy.
Preferable to not start off thinking like that. Include a tax program in your plan.
Quick as I typed this reply you could have put your tax figures & problem sorted.:clap:

bigdippin 03-15-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdavey10 (Post 321226)
Bigdippin - do you spend most of your time always researching new suppliers, new products to sell, ways to improve your business during your day... suppose its an integral part of progression.

I spend alot of time researching new products. I'm new to this game compared to most here. I started full time right after Christmas. I currently have 2 Ebay stores (non stealth, main accounts) and 2 Amazon pro stores. I have just created my first stealth ebay/paypal account after reading the Ebay Stealth ebook last week. Trying to have backup accounts get some age in case something happens to my non stealth accounts. Currently working on an ecommerce site. So most of my time is on researching new products. Some on tweaking what I currently offer. And I'm always looking for potential new suppliers.

I do not sell vero items or replicas so I hope my main accounts stay intact but you never know.

Callidus 03-15-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 321427)
Then you have the wrong mindset to do a thing.

Sould you make the quantum leap to be a business you arrange your business plan BEFORE you start.

You do a cost analysis of your plan.

You tweak the plan.

You cater for everything to reduce problems. 'Forgot to pay taxes' is lazy.
Preferable to not start off thinking like that. Include a tax program in your plan.
Quick as I typed this reply you could have put your tax figures & problem sorted.:clap:

GB - Im not quite sure why you quoted me I havent started off with any such mindset only the positive mindset of having my own startup in the near future nor have forgotten to pay taxes, in fact haven't put anything into plan as of yet so I wouldnt make a 'leap' by quitting a FULL TIME job.

Just want some advice on whether people find it very rewarding and whether it could be a possibility of moving into doing it. Yes cost analysis as you say is VITAL! otherwise you'll be bust before you've started, probably why so many fail!

GreenBean 03-15-2012 05:44 AM

I'll stop replying.
Doest bother me :doh:

Merely pointing out an approach to working for yourself.

Callidus 03-15-2012 05:58 AM

Yeh and I appreciate that however you pointed out that I had the wrong mindset....

It would take a while to sit down and work out a plan of action of course as you said, but just wanted to find out what people thought and whether its actually a solid plan of action seeing as we all work on 'stealth'.

GreenBean 03-15-2012 06:02 AM

All users are stealth are they?

Some stealthers have real accounts too ;)