rubbish printer - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 09-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
actually, my mistake they are original cartridges.

this printer is hardly used, think it is out of warrantly though. It came with 2 sets of colour/black ink and this is second set. black is low, colour is half full ...

so yeah, original ink in there..
Infrequent use of the printer well & truly stuffs HP printers.

Yours is the same model I had.

Same thing plus the coffee I would pour into its innards. NOT using it caused the heads to block even though the heads got cleaned etc etc.

Just junk

Old 09-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Fortunately I saw this thread thread in time. I'm not to familiar with HP printers, mainly an expert with Epson and Cannon Printers in general, but I will try to give you the best advice I can. I've been refilling laser and inkjet printers for the past two years, and I am well acquainted in this area.

First of all, you need to remember your printer consumes ink every time you turn on, run a cleaning cycle, or if the printer has not printed anything for the past 30 minutes. Inkjet printers use liquid ink, if you haven't printed anything in a long time, the nozzles can dry up and clog. Thats why it's important to AT LEAST print one-two pages every other day. You have to clean out the HP print head (NOTE: i'm not to familiar with HP printers...you should look online on how to clean the print head). Do not keep on running cleaning cycles, depending on the printer, it can burn out the print head.

Currently the best two inkjet printer brands for ease of refilling are Epson and Cannon. They both make beautiful printers, the latter is recommended if you print very little. If your looking for simple black and white printer, LASER is BYFAR the best option. Reason being, the prints are durable (water resistant) and printers are virtually maintenance free. Laser printers are quite easy to refill, DO NOT FOLLOW THOSE EBAY IDIOTS and burn a hole in the cartridge. If you look on youtube, all you have to do it simply pop off the side of the cartridge, remove the plug, tap out all the remaining toner, and refill toner powder away. Obviously instructions can vary depending on the laser printer model, but I've owned three different brands of laser printers over the course of 3-4 and they all have a similar process.

If your looking to refill an inkjet printer, MAKE SURE you purchase one which has a separate cartridge for each color. Reason being, refilling is MUCH MUCH more easier. With an Epson printer, best way to refill is to purchase refillable cartridges. With Cannon, you take the OEM cartridges and create a small hole at the top to refill (location various deepening on which refill method you chose). GOOD quality ink is either made in USA, Mexico or Germany. Be wary of unbranded chinese ink. There is NO SUCH THING as universal ink. Each ink cartridge has different formula designed for the printer, aswell as different viscosity.

I've seen many ebayers advertising 'UNIVERSAL' ink for HP, CANNON, EPSON and any other inkjet printer. You will be prone with problems, aswell as iffy results if you do refill using this ink.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill

Last edited by Burning; 09-14-2012 at 12:56 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (09-14-2012), oompaloompa (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
Get a laser printer that uses Toner.
1 cartridge may cost $100 - $150 USD but it will last over a year or more.
I got a nice one about 4 years ago.
Best investment I ever made.....
You can easily refill the toner. Each OEM cartridge can be refilled 2-3 times. Samsung laser printers are the way to go......very easy to refill. Costs me less than $6 per refill and lasts me more than 700 sheets depending on coverage.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 09-16-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

so already I have a mono laser (samsung)
and I have this all in one HP that sucks but it scans so I may keep it unless I get a colour laser that is all in one.

I saw the samsung clp or clpw and is inexpensive, in fact the oem toner sets cost same as printer.

is oem ok for this laser printer?

how much colour printing will I get from ink that comes with printer? I worked out from what you guys say that it is infrequent use that causes this on an inkjet but laser will not dry up. I only bought colour, as I now need occasional pic or invitation that my mini designs, at most maybe couple of things a week, but with big gaps maybe several weeks...so the ink that comes with it could last me a long time?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-16-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
so already I have a mono laser (samsung)
and I have this all in one HP that sucks but it scans so I may keep it unless I get a colour laser that is all in one.

I saw the samsung clp or clpw and is inexpensive, in fact the oem toner sets cost same as printer.

how much colour printing will I get from ink that comes with printer? I worked out from what you guys say that it is infrequent use that causes this on an inkjet but laser will not dry up. I only bought colour, as I now need occasional pic or invitation that my mini designs, at most maybe couple of things a week, but with big gaps maybe several weeks...so the ink that comes with it could last me a long time?
You should buy a printer based on the available supply of non-oem cartridges. The reason being, the printer manufactures DO NOT make money by selling there printers, there main $$ maker is the consumables. If you consider a regular oem ink cartridge set, just the black ink alone, you will spend close to $15 - $20, which usually contains 10 - 15 ml of ink. Using the same analogy, if you divide 1000ml (1 liter) by 15 ml and multiply it by $20 you get $1333 for each liter of ink. Yes, you heard that correctly, $1000 + for one liter of ink. A liter of high quality of ink manufactured in Germany cost less than $70.

It's always suggested to print something every other day, otherwise you might have the same problem, certain colors will be clogged. I've seen some people have problems even with genuine cartridges if the printer is not used for a prolonged period. Usually that should not be the case, just make sure you NEVER EVER store the printer with either empty cartridges or no cartridges at all.

I would love to suggest you a printer, but in different countries, they change the model number even though its the same exact product. You should either get an epson or a cannon printer. Here's a UK business I suggest you contact, they offer refilling products and etc...if you call or email them they'll tell you a printer best suited for your need (very friendly and helpful people):

OctoInkjet - Printer modifications, refill kits & tools to make your printer work longer

Some people have a negative connotation against refilling inks...cause of bad experience using Chinese products or you weren't getting the same results as OEM. I can tell you right off the bat, the industry has changed ALOT in the past 5 years.

Regarding laser printers, generally the toner that is included with the printer is more of a sampler. You can only print a small amount before you have to go out a buy a new cartridge. You can buy non-oem cartidges on ebay for 1/4th the price. Sometimes it won't print that many pages as claimed, but its better than paying the full price of the laser cartridge. Usually a single OEM cartidge can print 1000 pages. I have a samsung mini laser printer.....very good and cheap black/white printer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-ML-2165-Mono-Laser-Printer/dp/B006W4Z8B4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347855877&sr=8-2
Now, with this samsung mini printer, there's no non-oem cartridges available on the market. You will have to refill the toner yourself...you can look on youtube on how to do it.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 09-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

OEM cartridges are always ok for the printer...but there generally very expensive and can cost more than the printer. Thats why there's such a huge market for non-oem and refill..

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 09-17-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

oops sorry, I meant non-oem (got it mixed up in my head)

yes looking to buy a laser colour printer that has non-oem ink available.

I will not try refilling, because I did that for my black laser and I messed it up, so I buy the like you say, ebay non-oem/re-manufactured...approx £12 and lasts years...

so you are saying with laser, you need to print every other day? well why does my black laser work fine with occasional use?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-17-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old 09-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
oops sorry, I meant non-oem (got it mixed up in my head)

yes looking to buy a laser colour printer that has non-oem ink available.

I will not try refilling, because I did that for my black laser and I messed it up, so I buy the like you say, ebay non-oem/re-manufactured...approx £12 and lasts years...

so you are saying with laser, you need to print every other day? well why does my black laser work fine with occasional use?
Lmao, your getting things confused again. Laser printers are maintenance free, simply print away. They do not use INK, instead laser printers use powder. Look at this printer model:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-HL-2130-Mono-Laser-Printer/dp/B004R5AU1S/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1347913681&sr=1-1
Theres alot of non-oem cartridges available on ebay for that model above. You might want to check your local computer store. Usually these types of items are cheaper if you buy them off the shelf. Go to the computer store, and write down a bunch of model numbers that fit your budget, then look on ebay for non-oem supplies to see if they exist, and then look on amazon for reviews.

They also have color laser printers, but not sure how the print quality is if you use non-oem supplies.....

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 09-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

maintenance FREE, what's that?
Old 09-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
maintenance FREE, what's that?
Lmao, its a term I coined. With inkjet printers, you have to ensure that you print something every now and then in order to avoid problems with nozzles clogging, lines appearing on sheet when printing and etc.

But with laser printers, nothing of that sort has to be done, since toners use powder rather than liquid ink. Lasers printers use heat + powder toner...I'm not an encyclopedia, if you want to look at how laser printers work look on Wikipedia. Laser printers are the way to go if you are printing black and white. If you refill the toner sets yourself, each print can cost you less than a penny.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
The Following User Says Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
slim jim (09-18-2012)
Old 09-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

yes laser printers are definitely a great recommendation. at one point they were too expensive for home use but today they are hardly more expensive, and by your system they are actually cheaper. thanks for the advice
Old 09-19-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

burning, I know it is powder in laserjet, I have had a black laser for years..

anyway thanks for advice, I really wish I knew about the dry out thing before I bought this colour all in one inkjet......it was v cheap though and it scans so I will keep it with no ink in and buy a colour laserjet next....
Old 09-19-2012

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Views on Brother? Gets the trick done but the machinery itself is so so
My brother has been using Brother (<--- totally unintended) for nearly 10 years works like a charm.

-Albert Einstein
Old 09-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
burning, I know it is powder in laserjet, I have had a black laser for years..

anyway thanks for advice, I really wish I knew about the dry out thing before I bought this colour all in one inkjet......it was v cheap though and it scans so I will keep it with no ink in and buy a colour laserjet next....
sell it on ebay
Old 09-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
sell it on ebay
Used printers are usually worth ZILCH, especially broken ones. With printers these days costing less than $100 for all in ones, and less than $50 for single function, you can sure bet that you won't get much. Very few people purchase used printers, it's one of those items I would NEVER recommend you cheap out on. Inside the printer, there are parts which generally wear out over time, such as the gears, print head, and rollers. Specially if the rollers get dirty, it can be a pain in the a*s to clean.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 09-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Used printers are usually worth ZILCH, especially broken ones. With printers these days costing less than $100 for all in ones, and less than $50 for single function, you can sure bet that you won't get much. Very few people purchase used printers, it's one of those items I would NEVER recommend you cheap out on. Inside the printer, there are parts which generally wear out over time, such as the gears, print head, and rollers. Specially if the rollers get dirty, it can be a pain in the a*s to clean.
oh i definitely agree with you and really i was joking but in the past i have sold used printers and you can recover $20-50 depending on the printer. most people just want a deal and seem to throw logic out the window