Has anyone here ever been to any Benny Hinn conference? - a religious debate - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%

It doesnt matter if your Ghandi or whoever if you don't believe Jesus died for your sins you will go to hell. It doesnt matter if you do good deeds in the world doing so will not take you to heaven. Doing good deeds is what is in Islam. Which says if you do good you will go to heaven and if you do bad(sin) you will go to hell. You CANNOT go to heaven just by good deeds people please try and get that through your heads. You cannot worship to Allah as he is not real he is based on a moon god and Buddah is a idol. They were both idols. How do you worship idols?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-25-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Jesus is not just some person He is a function of God. Him dying on the cross was representation of God forgiving us of our sins. We were born with a sin nature and we got the sin nature when Adam and Eve sinned. How do you expect we go to heaven if we were born with a sin nature? The only way is Jesus. The thing with indulgences was a way to make money for the king as he wanted to rebuild some building(can't remember the name).
By the way what religion are you modee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Again, this is all based on years of research. If you read about books like the books of Barnabas, you will see that originally there were two sects of Christianity, one that stated categorically that Jesus was not divine and never claimed to be the son of God, and another, promulgated by Paul (or Saul) that said that he was. For whatever reason, the followers of Paul (the Paulenes) won out.

Over history this has been debated even within the Catholic Church, and one Pope, Honorius I, declared once and for all that Jesus was not the son of God and never claimed to be. This Pope was later anathematized by the Catholic Church, which meant that not only was he wrong, but that he never existed at all. (Somewhat like what we do to banned members on this forum. :-)

Anyway, if you'd like to research this more you should look into Paul, Pope Honorius I, Barnabas, and more.

I think the larger question is this - what in this world makes anyone think that someone else can come in and take your punishment for you? I mean, you do something wrong, you pay for it, or not. No one else can come in and "do your time for you." That's a tempting idea, and of course the nicety of it is why the Paulenes won out, but it makes no sense whatsoever. And then we have it going to absurd levels, such as with the Catholics buying indulgences.
Old 06-25-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

What religion are you then?
How can you walk away from Christianity after being in a Christian household for such a long time?
I wish I lived in a Christian family an I don't really know how you could walk away from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine422 View Post
No im not a Muslim. I mentioned before i use to be Christian, came from a very Christian background, both my parents are pastors actually. As i got older i just have different views and Christianity, (not God) doesnt suit me anymore.
Old 06-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Religion is like organized ignorance. What is the bible really but just a collection of outlandish fictional stories? It's the bigggest scam in human history.
Old 06-25-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

How do you say its a bunch of fictional stories? Please don't say its a scam when you know nothing about it. By the way what religion are you?
Old 06-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
err religion. Religion sucks and is a way for the government to control society

I second the motion, religion is the ultimate way to control people...if one day someone came to you and told you...hey look there's no such thing as Heavan or Hell, and he could prove it...the world would go crazy in a matter of minutes.But as long as people think there going to hell or heavan for living a perfect or not so perfect life...you will always have control of them.
Old 06-25-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

No government can control society by religion. God tells us in the Bible if we what we are doing is wrong or good. God is the one who tells us how we go to heaven and as His Word says its through accepting Jesus as your Savior. How can you even say religion sucks? That's just plain stupid.
Old 06-25-2008
Banned

Longevity: 91%

BENNY HINN'S FINANCES

Under U.S. tax laws the Hinn Ministry is not legally obligated to makes its finances public because it is a religious organization.

Although most major American churches and ministries release financial information voluntarily there are no public records for how much the Hinn ministry makes or how that money is spent.

Benny Hinn insists that every penny is spent on God's work. But the fifth estate obtained confidential financial records from inside the Hinn ministry. These documents were provided by individuals who say they want the public to know how Benny Hinn spends the money entrusted to him.

The fifth estate asked Roddy Allan, a forensic accountant, to review the ministry's expense and travel records. He says, "I'm a mere bean counter, but it would be hard to persuade me that you had to incur that kind of expense in order to accomplish a business objective."

The prestigious Lanesborough Hotel, next to Buckingham Palace, is frequented by celebrities such as Madonna and Micheal Jackson.

Here is a very small sampling of financial records from the summer of 2003. At that time Hinn had crusades in St. Petersburg, Russia and Stockholm, Sweden then departed for a four day whirlwind trip to Italy and London, billing it as a simple layover.

* A hotel bill for room service and chauffeur services at the Lanesborough Hotel in London (see bill .pdf)
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/hotelbill.pdf

* Tips given to staff at Lanesborough Hotel in London after a one day stay (see chit .pdf)
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/londontips.pdf

* Tips given to the staff at the Savoia Hotel in Milan, Italy (see chit .pdf)
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/italytips.pdf

* $5000US dollars cash given to Pastor Benny Hinn (PBH), no details for the reason (see chit .pdf)
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/bennmoney.pdf

* A gift from Benny Hinn to a 'homeless woman with a baby' of $20US (see chit .pdf)
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/Chit_homeless.pdf

Also, in his letter to his followers after our original broadcast, Pastor Benny suggests that our reporting on his hotel expenses was misleading. He claims that the hotels he uses often give him rooms for free, or "deeply discounted". Well, we checked on that and the two luxury hotels which appear in our story, the ones in London and Milan, both told us that they do not offer deep discounts or freebies on those rooms.

Previous failed prophecies of Benny Hinn, made on New Year's eve of 1989:

The Spirit tells Benny that Castro will die in the 90's. (Real Audio - © 1989 by Benny Hinn)
Benny Hinn false prophesy on Castro

The Lord tells Benny that homosexuals in America will be destroyed by fire by 1995. (Real Audio - © 1989 by Benny Hinn)
Benny Hinn's false prophecy on homosexuals

Benny Hinn's failed prophecy of a peace treaty with Syria's Hafez Al-Assad
02april2000-clip3

Benny Hinn Says Jesus Appearing To Muslims
Benny Hinn False Prophet

Note that Benny Hinn claimed that God revealed the above prophecies to him. Now either God has erred, or Benny Hinn invented these prophecies and he never heard from God. The truth should be obvious - Benny Hinn does not hear from God, he is without doubt a false prophet.

Suzanne Hinn the wife of Benny Hinn said these infamous words at her husband's home church the Orlando Christian Center in front of thousands of mystified, confused and shocked Christian followers

"If your engines aren't revved up, then what you need is
a holy ghost Enema right up your rear end!" - Suzanne Hinn

-- Holy Ghost Enema right up your rear

Though it should seem obvious to anyone watching this guy that his act has little if anything to do with God, such is certainly not the case. It is estimated that Hinn’s ministry brings in from 190 to up to 300 million dollars annually (no one really knows for sure because he doesn’t disclose this information), making him far and away the king of the Global Word Faith hucksters.

Hinn learned the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ staging techniques of Kathryn Kuhlman and Aimee Semple McPherson well (he claims to receive anointing by visiting their graves). He gives his people a good show and they gladly open their wallets. He has gone so far as to claim that Jesus will begin to show up physically at his meetings. (still waiting on that one) Never mind that at one time he taught that the Trinity had nine members and that Christians became little gods.

Last edited by Naisha; 06-25-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-25-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Ok we are not talkin about Benny Hinn anymore we are talking about Christianity. Yes I agree with you he is a false prophet by makin the alleged prophecies he is the one who is mistaken not God as God is always right and knows everything.
Old 06-25-2008
Banned

Longevity: 91%

There are 270 large religious traditions, and many smaller ones, in the world.

Many people believe that:
1. Their own religious tradition is unique. It is divinely inspired revealed truth. The author(s) of their holy book(s) were guided directly by God to write religious text that is free of error. Some consider their faith's holy text to be the unique Word of God. We refer to this type of religion as a "top-down' faith: one that consists of divinely inspired truth that God has revealed to humanity.
2. Other religions were created by humans without any direct inspiration from God. Their holy books are very human documents, mistaken in parts, and limited by the scientific knowledge and the cultural outlook of the authors. Their God or pantheon of deities were created by humans. We refer to this type of religion as "bottom-up" faith: a belief system created by humans and projected onto God.

Religiously-based conflict is facilitated when believers from different religions come in contact with each other, each believing that
1. They alone have the complete "truth."
2. All others are in various degrees of error, and
3. Their group represents God on Earth.

A major reduction in religiously motivated conflict might occur if people:

1. Recognized that their religious beliefs are largely determined by where they were born. If they were raised in Saudi Arabia, they would almost inevitably be Muslim. If the stork was blown off course and delivered them to a family in Alabama, they would probably be Evangelical Christian; if Brazil: Roman Catholic. If Iceland, perhaps Unitarian. And so on.
2. Realized that since their religion is only one of hundreds in the world, and that since religions teach very different beliefs, that the chances of their faith group holding the full truth is slim.

Us vs. them phenomenon: All major religions teach an Ethic of Reciprocity. One example is the Golden Rule in Judaism and Christianity -- to do onto others as you would wish them to do onto you. In practice, the Golden Rule fails because many people limit the its application to their fellow believers only.

A substantial reduction in religiously motivated conflict would occur if people were taught to consider the entire human race as their neighbors -- all equally worthy of respect and caring. For Christians and Musims, the Good Samaritan parable in Luke 10:30-37 might be a useful teaching aid.
Old 06-26-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

I didn't mean it in any bad way or a challenge by asking those two questions which you have stated. I was simply asking a question if that is outline by any way I will rephrase my question or not ask it at all. If you wish to close this thread by all means go ahead as I have my own beliefs and all of you have your own beliefs. If you wish to keep the thread open I will not ask any questions and will just give my honest opinion. That is all that I have to say.
Closed Thread