Has anyone here ever been to any Benny Hinn conference? - a religious debate - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2008
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Has anyone here ever been to any Benny Hinn conference? - a religious debate

I went to one in April 2008 and let me tell you it was just overwhelming.
You could feel the Spirit of God.
I cried and everything

I took my parents and some of my family members who are not Christians and that conference gave them more knowledge of the Bible as pastor Benny preached lots of informative material from the Bible.

Im still preaching to my parents and my family members about Jesus so if you can please pray for them to accept Jesus. I pray everyday for them to accept Jesus as their Savior its been 2 years I have been praying but I know God has His timing.

The Lord answers all prayers if you ask believing in Him.

People do not take God out of your personal life or your business life always include Him and He will always look out for you. Spread the Gospel by placing Bible tracts in the packages you ship to your customers.

So tell me of your experience if you have been to Benny Hinn's conference or have any questions about the Bible.

Last edited by John14789; 06-18-2008 at 08:38 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-21-2008

Longevity: 96%

wow you ask alot of questions. I use to be Christian going to church and all that, now its more personal. I feel like Christianity takes the logic out of life sometimes because everything is attributed to some higher force and that cannot be questioned. Whenever there are any discrepancies with its doctrine you are told its far beyond mans capacity to understand or question it and that bothers me because there are so many things in the Bible that just doesnt make sense.

Anyways thats the whole new topic.
Old 06-21-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Like I said just starting some new conversations and telling a bit about myself. Just trying to make friends and nothing more If you dont understand something from the Bible you should ask someone and/or pray to God for you to understand the Bible. Believe me if you are close with God He will bless you. I understand that going to church every Sunday is hard but you got to do it. When I was a kid my parents were not Christians and I couldnt go to church at all but once I was able to drive I mostly went. But to be a Christian you dont have to go to church. Some main things you gotta do is Pray, Read the Bible, tell other of the Lord, and Stay away from sin. If you stay away from sin you will feel MUCH BETTER. You know why some peoples prayers dont get answered? Because they are soo much in sin and are NOT close to God one bit. Me personally try and keep away from sin as much as possible. But we are human and we do sin and if we do just ask the Lord in prayer to forgive you but dont make sin a habit that you have to keep on going to the Lord to forgive you.
Old 06-21-2008
MU

err religion. Religion sucks and is a way for the government to control society
Old 06-21-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

All other religions are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. But Christianity is NOT. If you say religion sucks then you are too much into the wicked ways of the world you are too much in sin.
Old 06-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

I think all religions come down to the same thing in the end. Whether we pray to God (as in the Christian faith), Buddha, Allah or Jehova, it's the same God. I'm born Roman Catholic, but I probably go to Buddhist temples more often than into a Catholic church.

What always confuses me is why so many people pray to Jesus, not God. It's like they're totally forgetting about God. Jesus said he was the son of God, yes. But he also said in the same breath that we are all his "brothers and sisters". Doesn't that make us just as much sons and daughters of God as Jesus was?

In the end, I don't think it matters to who we pray, or if we pray at all. What matters in the end is what we do and what we don't, good or bad.
Old 06-21-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

The thing is that Jesus is the Son of God in name put He is a part of God as in the trinity there is God the Father, God the Son,and God the Holy Spirit. Now you will say how did Jesus die for our sins if God was in heaven? God is omnipresent(everywhere at once). Thats the same thing with my family who is muslims they say you have to do good and youll go to heaven but the ONLY thing that will take you to heaven is YOU ACCEPTING JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOR.

We are sons and daughters of God when we accept Jesus as our Savior. Remember Jesus is Gods son ONLY IN NAME. In reality THEY ARE ONE PERSON BUT HAVE DIFFERENT FUNCTIONS.
Old 06-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by John14789 View Post
All other religions are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. .
Thats another thing i do not like about Christianity. Its so close minded. How can you be to ethnocentric to say that all other religions are ⊗⊗⊗⊗? If people actually read other religions you would notice there is alot to learn from different cultures and different religions. Buddhist teachings for examples are some of the most inspiring things to read.
Old 06-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

I didn't even check who Benny Hinn was until now. Now I remember him, though. Used to watch him on TV when I was living in the US and Canada a few years back. Sorry, in my opinion, that guy is a nutcase. Going around knocking on people's head's weak spots to knock them unconscious for a few seconds is not a miracle, its silly. Everyone with a bit of knowledge of the human body can do that, ask any doctor and he'll tell you how.

That has absolutely nothing to do with religion.
Old 06-23-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

I was just talking about his preaching although I dont really believe on him making the people fall. His preaching does have alot to do with religion.
Old 06-23-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine422 View Post
Thats another thing i do not like about Christianity. Its so close minded. How can you be to ethnocentric to say that all other religions are ⊗⊗⊗⊗? If people actually read other religions you would notice there is alot to learn from different cultures and different religions. Buddhist teachings for examples are some of the most inspiring things to read.
I say all other religions are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ because they will not take you to heaven. ONLY CHRISTIANITY WILL TAKE YOU TO HEAVEN. Im sure there is some good principles to be learned from other religions.
Old 06-23-2008

Longevity: 94%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I think all religions come down to the same thing in the end. Whether we pray to God (as in the Christian faith), Buddha, Allah or Jehova, it's the same God. I'm born Roman Catholic, but I probably go to Buddhist temples more often than into a Catholic church.

What always confuses me is why so many people pray to Jesus, not God. It's like they're totally forgetting about God. Jesus said he was the son of God, yes. But he also said in the same breath that we are all his "brothers and sisters". Doesn't that make us just as much sons and daughters of God as Jesus was?

In the end, I don't think it matters to who we pray, or if we pray at all. What matters in the end is what we do and what we don't, good or bad.
You are suppose to pray in Jesus's name, after all, he did say that the only way to get to his father, is through him. Obviously you're not praying to Jesus, just in his name, because it's appropriate.

The only way to find out which is the true religion, is observing their ways. If they don't act accordingly to the Bible than they are a false religion. An easy way to rule out the false religions, is to check who is participating in wars. If you're religion is blessing soldiers, move on. Remember, God said that you must first approach him and he will approach you.

A little quote from an article...

Quote:
One man has deep faith in God. Another says that the man is only "weaving faith out of moonshine." One maintains that you have an immortal soul that survives death. Another believes that when you die you cease to exist, totally and completely. Obviously, conflicting beliefs like these cannot all be true.
Very good point, although the answer to which religion is the real one, lies in the bible. I don't want to start any arguments since I respect your beliefs, so I'll leave it at that.
Old 06-23-2008

Quote:
I say all other religions are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ because they will not take you to heaven. ONLY CHRISTIANITY WILL TAKE YOU TO HEAVEN. Im sure there is some good principles to be learned from other religions.

But why do they have to be wrong? What makes Christianity the cream of the crop? So when everyone dies all the good clean Christians will go to heaven and all the good Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, free thinkers will go to hell and spend the rest of eternity with a dude in red suit with horns in Las vegas right?

-----------------------------

Another thing...how can one say that the real religion is what is in the Bible. What about people that dont believe in the Bible? Why the Bible? Why not the Qur'an? What makes the Bible the authority and superior.

Last edited by divine422; 06-23-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-23-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

You a muslim?
Old 06-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Exclamation Be Careful

WOAH. This is an area for off topic conversations, certainly, but the thread should NOT develop into a religious free for all. Go carefully.
Old 06-23-2008

Longevity: 94%

in reply to divine

I'm still studying the bible and from what I've read so far it's got me convinced. The predictions in the book of Revelations has been accurate so far. So has all the other books in the Bible. I'm convinced that the Bible is the word of God. Even if you don't believe in the Bible, it contains principles that will help anyone live a good life. One interesting thing to note, is how they're claims in the Bible of a few things that were proven to be true by Science.
Job 26:7-
He is stretching out the north over the empty place,
Hanging the earth upon nothing(talking about space)

There's plenty of accurate bible descriptions, even scientist concur. The Bible claimed that there was over 1 Billion stars, and that each individual star was different, none were a like. Both of these have been confirmed. How is that many centuries ago, these facts were written down when there were no high tech science equipment. There was no way to tell if the earth was indeed suspended in space. How did these guys know that the Universe was expanding? How did they know light was in motion? How did they know that air has weight?

You're entitled to belief what you want, I'm simply replying to a question. In no way am I'm trying to start an argument. It's a free country guys!

Last edited by highwhey; 06-23-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-23-2008

Longevity: 93%

Who is Benny Hinn? Sounds like a British comedian......
Old 06-23-2008

Longevity: 91%

1 of those manic preachers who like knock you out with their palm and every 1 is dancing and crying and at his feet????? i dont know im just guessing?
Old 06-25-2008

Quote:
You a muslim?
No im not a Muslim. I mentioned before i use to be Christian, came from a very Christian background, both my parents are pastors actually. As i got older i just have different views and Christianity, (not God) doesnt suit me anymore.
Old 06-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
If they don't act accordingly to the Bible than they are a false religion.
That's pretty ignorant. Sure, the Bible says that go said this and that. But the Quran also says that Allah said this and that and Buddha said yet another thing. The Muslim religion and the Christian religion are based on the same religion, the one of Abraham, thousands of years back.

How do we know which one is real and which one is ⊗⊗⊗⊗? I'll tell you. They're all real and they're all ⊗⊗⊗⊗. After thousands of years, things get twisted and distorted a hundred times.

The Bible, as it is today, was put together not by God himself or even Jesus himself, but by a council supervised by Emperor Constantine I based on older scripture. That's all it is, it's based on older scripture. It was modified, cut and extended to fit the population of that time, which happened to be 1700 years ago.

We don't know the real word of God, because he hasn't spoken to us in our lifetime. All we know about God is what previous generations have left us with.

Quote:
An easy way to rule out the false religions, is to check who is participating in wars.
Bush is participating in a war, he even started a war, and he's a Christian. So Christianity is a false religion? No. Or is it what religion teaches war? If so, most religions do. The Muslim religion teaches war, the Christian religion teaches war. The "Angels" we put on our Christmas tree are misinterpreted. Angels are not always nice beings, Angels are God's warriors and executioners. And it writes so in the Bible itself.

And the Christian God does not teach killing? Why did God tell Abraham to sacrifice his own son? Let's face it, our religion is violent and our God is not always a God of peace, but also a God of war.

As for me, I'm open to all religions. I don't believe that religion itself is the way to life after death.
Old 06-25-2008

Longevity: 98%

Supposedly in the old days, gods demonstrated their power directly and people worshiped the one most powerful. Now it's not done.

Quote:
The Bible claimed that there was over 1 Billion stars, and that each individual star was different, none were a like. Both of these have been confirmed.
Bible verses please?

Last edited by Jonas; 06-25-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

One of the things about all religions especially Christianity that is completely unbelievable is the idea that only true christians will get to a "heaven'. Complete BS. There 6 billion people in the world. a little over a billion are christians, that means christians say of the rest of us, nearly 5 billion, not one of us has enough love in our hearts to move on, we all will "Gnash our teeth" in a terrible inferno.

HMMM. think about this, to christian you must repent your sins and believe that jesus died for your sins.

-- Now before he died in prison, Homosexual, pedophile, cannibal, serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, repented his sins and publically took Jesus as his saviour, later he was killed by another prisoner. So by the christian rules Dahmer is in Heaven.
_ Mohandas K "Mahatma" Gandhi, a man who actually lived the principles Jesus supposedly espoused, Non violence, love your brother. Several times he tried to starve himself to death ( sacrifice himself, just like Jesus) to prevent violence among his people. Now this man, rejected Jesus as his saviour. So when he was killed, Gandhi went to hell.

Think about that, Christians would rather send Gandhi to hell and spend their eternity with Dahmer than admit their so called religion is BS.
Closed Thread