World of pain! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 01-08-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default World of pain!

Wow I have never been in so much pain in my entire life, yelling like a little girl. Ever heard of a "loose body" in your knee cap! In my case it's a piece of bone broken off and lodged between all that important stuff the makes your knee work! I feel it shifting, I can't bend my knee or keep it flat, went to ER they put my on crutches an wouldn't admit me since it's not life threatening. No big deal just pop some Vicodin or OxyContin right? Wrong!! In my youth I enjoyed them too much and refuse to ever go near an opiate again. So now I am suffering like a friggin elephant with a broken leg that needs to be put out of it's misery. How the hell is someone suppose to deal with excruciating constant pain. So far I am preoccupying my mental pain receptors by posting this message. Oh yea and I haven't slept in two days and still can't sleep cause of the pain. Any suggestions pleaseeeee
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-08-2013

Longevity: 67%

I just got over a root canal infection that was spreading throughout my body. Toothache, earache, bodyache, you name it.

5 days of hell until the antibiotics kicked in.

I've also had excruciating back pain every few years. I literally get stuck in bed for days, can barely walk to the bathroom.

I also had kidney stones about 15 years ago, thought I was going to die. I went to the emergency room, ripped off my clothes and told the female doctor to do whatever it took to console me.

Pain sucks, period. I take whatever powerful drugs I can get my hands on and I try to sleep thru the pain.

What you describe sounds very painful.

I also suffer from a Potassium deficiency. As long as I take a pill every day or eat a banana I'm fine. If I work out hard, get dehydrated, don't eat a banana, then it's leg cramp city. I contemplated suicide last year when I had an attack. It comes in the middle of the night while your horizontal, with no notice. The pain is unbearable.

I wouldn't wish it on Barak O'Bama.

Lots of drugs my friend, if not, then alcohol.
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Want to share the pain stories?

11/19/2012 I had total knee replacement surgey because of this very issue. Was in the company auto. We got side-swiped. Passenger side (where I was sitting) got hit.
Because I had damage to the knee already, surgery was the only option.

Right:

Standard for this injury is to immediately start the following.

RICE ( Rest,Ice,Compression,Elevation). if you need further description, please ask.

Keep OFF the leg. When you are lying, put a pillow under the knee. This allows the whole leg to not be overstretched. You should not feel your hamstrings are being pulled.
When you sleep at night, do the same. Or turn on the side of your bad leg & put the pillow between your legs to keep weight off....

Now to the pain... ah carumba. Medicos always go to the high end of the drugs. If you did not get referred to your Primary Physican, then you should be considering that. You may be a suitable patient for the likes of anti-inflammatory medications. (NSAIDS). Their bottom line is to reduce inflammation & associated pain.
Short term you may have to take the stronger opiates. BUT, and I stress this, only you know if you want to do that.
What if anything is going to happen? The next steps, imho, determine what meds you would take now.

NB: I am not a doctor. I post this advice as someone who has had recent RX. You must ensure you take medical advice as your best course of action for full recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
11/19/2012 I had total knee replacement surgey because of this very issue. Was in the company auto. We got side-swiped. Passenger side (where I was sitting) got hit.
Wow, only 7 weeks ago.

Hope you're doing ok GB.

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-08-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: quoting whole post
Old 01-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
I just got over a root canal infection that was spreading throughout my body. Toothache, earache, bodyache, you name it.

5 days of hell until the antibiotics kicked in.

I've also had excruciating back pain every few years. I literally get stuck in bed for days, can barely walk to the bathroom.

I also had kidney stones about 15 years ago, thought I was going to die. I went to the emergency room, ripped off my clothes and told the female doctor to do whatever it took to console me.

Pain sucks, period. I take whatever powerful drugs I can get my hands on and I try to sleep thru the pain.

What you describe sounds very painful.

I also suffer from a Potassium deficiency. As long as I take a pill every day or eat a banana I'm fine. If I work out hard, get dehydrated, don't eat a banana, then it's leg cramp city. I contemplated suicide last year when I had an attack. It comes in the middle of the night while your horizontal, with no notice. The pain is unbearable.

I wouldn't wish it on Barak O'Bama.

Lots of drugs my friend, if not, then alcohol.
Wow that is a lot of pain. Wish you the best and hope you don't have to deal with any new episodes!
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
Wow that is a lot of pain. Wish you the best and hope you don't have to deal with any new episodes!
It's usually my own fault for not following directions.
Old 01-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Want to share the pain stories?

Because I had damage to the knee already, surgery was the only option.

Right:

Standard for this injury is to immediately start the following.

RICE ( Rest,Ice,Compression,Elevation). if you need further description, please ask.

Keep OFF the leg. When you are lying, put a pillow under the knee. This allows the whole leg to not be overstretched. You should not feel your hamstrings are being pulled.
When you sleep at night, do the same. Or turn on the side of your bad leg & put the pillow between your legs to keep weight off....

Now to the pain... ah carumba. Medicos always go to the high end of the drugs. If you did not get referred to your Primary Physican, then you should be considering that. You may be a suitable patient for the likes of anti-inflammatory medications. (NSAIDS). Their bottom line is to reduce inflammation & associated pain.
Short term you may have to take the stronger opiates. BUT, and I stress this, only you know if you want to do that.
What if anything is going to happen? The next steps, imho, determine what meds you would take now.

NB: I am not a doctor. I post this advice as someone who has had recent RX. You must ensure you take medical advice as your best course of action for full recovery
I am glad someone can relate to this type of pain. It is unbelievable and does not subside one bit, Veryy unforgiving. When I went to the ER I told them I used to have a problem with opiates but I had recovered and I do not want them anywhere near me. Regardless, they inconsiderately offered them to me over and over as if they didn't want to take no for an answer. Then kumar ( from Harold and kumar, it had to be him) comes in and says "hey i got your oxy" ...really?? As I was about to leave I had my girl ask the doc what else I can do for the pain and he said "well he refuses to take pain medication, he should get over the past". I really wish I was there when he told her that so I can give the good old doc a lesson on brain chemistry, psychology, and genetics. Anyway how are you feeling now GB how was the recovery? Thanks for the tips, you were more helpful than the doc.

Last edited by hazy; 01-08-2013 at 06:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hazy For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (01-13-2013)
Old 01-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It's usually my own fault for not following directions.
Lol you follow the instructions to the stealth guide fine, why not your health directions? Money ain't nothing without health. We all seem to forget this.

This thread is a good argument for that other thread where you were saying something along the lines of business should be outsourced to give more time for one to work for as an owner of their company and not as an employee. Because of my injury I am out of commission and thank God I have a partner or else I would have to deal with a lot of problems and probably forever reduce my current earnings by a lot!
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I am glad someone can relate to this type of pain. It is unbelievable and does not subside one bit, Veryy unforgiving.. Anyway how are you feeling now GB how was the recovery? Thanks for the tips, you were more helpful than the doc.
Apart from the heat of our summer, I have gone OK. Got told to slow down as I was really overdoing the exercises in the vain hopes of making a paint ball team.

I am lucky that I already knew the surgeon. He had been treating my knees for the past few years. Here's the stupid difference between the countries. He understood that not all patients WANT opiates. But all patients want pain relief. As you know there is a big difference in that little pill you swallow.

It's a load of hogwash that opiates are the only thing. They are merely short-term with potentially long term issues.

Did you end up with any pain relief or a full case of being patronised by a doctor?
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
Lol you follow the instructions to the stealth guide fine, why not your health directions? Money ain't nothing without health. We all seem to forget this.

This thread is a good argument for that other thread where you were saying something along the lines of business should be outsourced to give more time for one to work for as an owner of their company and not as an employee. Because of my injury I am out of commission and thank God I have a partner or else I would have to deal with a lot of problems and probably forever reduce my current earnings by a lot!
If I followed my Health as good as my business practices I would be an Olympic Athlete, lol.

Laziness I suppose. Thinking it's no big deal if I don't take my pill today.

Yes, I was the one who suggested outsourcing for this EXACT reason. I've seen so many business owners lose their home, business, stop sending their children to college etc... all because they had no backup plan.

Everyone thinks it won't happen to me. Gues what, it usually happens to those that least expect it.

I had this same conversation with a few family members last year, they all brushed it off like it was nonsense. Guess what happened? Both family members suffered injuries and are in the midst of losing thier home.

Everything in their life was predicated on everything going perfect, no room for error.

Very dangerous way to live your life. Now those SAME people are coming to me for advice and money. Ironic.
Old 01-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Apart from the heat of our summer, I have gone OK. Got told to slow down as I was really overdoing the exercises in the vain hopes of making a paint ball team.

I am lucky that I already knew the surgeon. He had been treating my knees for the past few years. Here's the stupid difference between the countries. He understood that not all patients WANT opiates. But all patients want pain relief. As you know there is a big difference in that little pill you swallow.

It's a load of hogwash that opiates are the only thing. They are merely short-term with potentially long term issues.

Did you end up with any pain relief or a full case of being patronised by a doctor?
Yea the US is in complete denial and wants fast money with less work. They don't care if 17 year olds are injecting OxyContin, which seems to be the fad in my area right now. I know, disgusting!
The doc also told me to just take the one OxyContin he offered me in the ER and he would not write me an Rx, lol good goin doc! That's how you nip it in the bud.

I didn't take any pain meds but finally after much complaining he prescribed me an anti inflammatory.

Did you make the team??
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

What anti-inflammatory?

Nope. Well & truly out. Surgeon snitched to my team captain.

Get to carry the water though

Old 01-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If I followed my Health as good as my business practices I would be an Olympic Athlete, lol.

Laziness I suppose. Thinking it's no big deal if I don't take my pill today.

Yes, I was the one who suggested outsourcing for this EXACT reason. I've seen so many business owners lose their home, business, stop sending their children to college etc... all because they had no backup plan.

Everyone thinks it won't happen to me. Gues what, it usually happens to those that least expect it.

I had this same conversation with a few family members last year, they all brushed it off like it was nonsense. Guess what happened? Both family members suffered injuries and are in the midst of losing thier home.

Everything in their life was predicated on everything going perfect, no room for error.

Very dangerous way to live your life. Now those SAME people are coming to me for advice and money. Ironic.
Yea you never know. I just resigned from my 9-5 the end of last month which lead to my benefits and insurance ending on the 31st. I would have taken my time and put off looking for insurance IF it wasn't for my mother bothering me non stop to get help from COBRA in the meantime. Good thing I took care of that!!
Old 01-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
What anti-inflammatory?

Nope. Well & truly out. Surgeon snitched to my team captain.

Get to carry the water though

Ah that sucks, sorry. Your surgeon knows the paintball team captain? Small town???

The ant inflam is voltaren.
Old 01-08-2013
Threadstarter  

GB how long was your recovery?
Old 01-08-2013

Longevity: 65%

@hazy I dont understand. Why are you going to an ER??

Find yourself a competent orthopedist - one who specializes in knees even better. If you are lucky they will just do orthroscopic surgery to clean out the joint. Youll be good as new in 6 weeks.
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

all i can say is kidney stone
The Following User Says Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (01-09-2013)
Old 01-08-2013

I love vicodin. Feels like I`m sleeping on a bed of teats.
Old 01-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

For this type of Pain I would Perscribe a GOOD Bourbon,,,maybe some Knoob Creek, or a Little Basil Hayden,,,of course in a Pinch a Good Single Malt, will do do quite nicely,,,Hmmm,,,McCallen comes to mind,,,
Old 01-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
@hazy I dont understand. Why are you going to an ER??

Find yourself a competent orthopedist - one who specializes in knees even better. If you are lucky they will just do orthroscopic surgery to clean out the joint. Youll be good as new in 6 weeks.
I never had such serious pain in my entire life, I could not handle the pain and I am very good at handling pain. I thought something was seriously wrong with my knee. I had no options to help the pain so I went to the ER since it was 4 in the morning. Nonetheless they were worthless and made me more angry then I already was. I went to an orthopedist that specializes in knees and shoulders for the NY Yankees. Going for MRI and then discussing surgery. This is a great gift to me after losing everything I owned in the hurricane two months ! Wow the eBay ppal gods must be angry lol
Old 01-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
For this type of Pain I would Perscribe a GOOD Bourbon,,,maybe some Knoob Creek, or a Little Basil Hayden,,,of course in a Pinch a Good Single Malt, will do do quite nicely,,,Hmmm,,,McCallen comes to mind,,,
Mmmmm but another habit forming solution I try to stay away from... It's in my family genes.
Old 01-09-2013

Quote:
I never had such serious pain in my entire life, I could not handle the pain and I am very good at handling pain. I thought something was seriously wrong with my knee. I had no options to help the pain so I went to the ER since it was 4 in the morning. Nonetheless they were worthless and made me more angry then I already was. I went to an orthopedist that specializes in knees and shoulders for the NY Yankees. Going for MRI and then discussing surgery. This is a great gift to me after losing everything I owned in the hurricane two months ! Wow the eBay ppal gods must be angry lol
Ive had the surgery .... very easy... first week is tough but after that it is a steady recovery.... like i said about 6 weeks.

Sheesh, I feel for you ....I have alot of friends out on the island, long beach. they still havent recovered the insurance companies are a bunch of thieves in suits.