Do You Remember when... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 07-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Do You Remember when...

Ebay first started and there use to be SO many deals it was crazy. It was like "omg...i just got this on ebay for $XXX!". Bidding/buying was fun. These days its just strictly business suspensions and fees. I was just roaming the site looking for an all in printer. I came across an epson that was for $20..listed as brand new and sealed. I thought this has to be a scam. Looked at the seller feedback they have over 200+ positive feedback. So i bought it. Then the seller messaged me to say he accidentally put the BIN as $20 when he actually meant to set the reserve at $20. But, its ok he wants to get rid of it anyways. I actually felt kinda bad lol. Even his shipping price was pretty low. So i offered to pay more for the shipping if it doesnt cover it.

Ok it was an accidental deal...same difference.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2008

Longevity: 91%

hehehe, i picked up a great deal on a brother thermal lable printer. Got it for like £20 and in shop's it's £100+ and this was boxed brand new lovely, bet the sellers kicked themselves lol
Old 06-01-2009

Longevity: 89%

I once got a neg for selling a printer cable for .69 cents - it got lost in the mail but jesus .69 cents not even a dollar and the ******* left me a negitave I was just selling the cables to get some possitive feedback and it back fired I was accually loosing money on the deal - ebay is a pain now a days ;-(
Old 06-01-2009

Longevity: 87%

I find my deals by looking for items that sellers don't really know what they are selling. Sometimes they spell the item name wrong and so they don't get allot of people looking at their item but mostly I count on them not knowing what they are selling. Have gotten a great amount of wonderful deals this way.
Old 06-01-2009

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eseller View Post
I once got a neg for selling a printer cable for .69 cents - it got lost in the mail but jesus .69 cents not even a dollar and the ******* left me a negitave I was just selling the cables to get some possitive feedback and it back fired I was accually loosing money on the deal - ebay is a pain now a days ;-(
It's a fact that the cheaper you sell items for, the more likely you'll get a neg. Higher priced items usually have people more willing to work something out instead of just giving up.
Old 06-01-2009

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegas68 View Post
I find my deals by looking for items that sellers don't really know what they are selling. Sometimes they spell the item name wrong and so they don't get allot of people looking at their item but mostly I count on them not knowing what they are selling. Have gotten a great amount of wonderful deals this way.
I hope is not vero items, because sellers sometimes intentionally spell wrong so the auctions don't get pulled by vero. You still have to be careful.
Old 06-01-2009

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
I hope is not vero items, because sellers sometimes intentionally spell wrong so the auctions don't get pulled by vero. You still have to be careful.
It's not VERO items I shop for. It's usually vintage items but I know what you are saying. The old saying usually applies to most things in these situations. "If it's to good to be true, it probably is."
Old 03-14-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Yea I remember when ebay/paypal was fun. I think the scammers is what ruined it. Peer to Peer buying and selling without any rules or regulation is where it got us now. I wonder if anyone was smart and was juggling multiple stealth accounts and making a killing. I look at it now that they got their money now it's time to be scrict like it's a privillege to use their website lol. Back in the day the scammers were bad that's why they hide the bidders name now. I remember when they didn't and you use to get spam email like crazy similar to the ones you get on craigslist. Anyone else have any stories that they remember about ebay/paypal?
Old 03-14-2010

Longevity: 84%

I remember when I was first introduced to the 21 day hold. I had about 100 ipod nano listing's up over the weekend. Then went to check my paypal account and boom, thousands of dollars on hold, I had to refund every last penny since I was dropshipping. That was also before I new the place I was getting them from that the ipods were junk anyway.
Old 03-15-2010

Longevity: 81%

i remember having fun doing ebay, almost all bids also were reals!
now it sucks.
Just wondering how can i change my user name here? i think to have one like yours, any idea? pls give some cools nicks!
Old 03-15-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyalan View Post
i remember having fun doing ebay, almost all bids also were reals!
now it sucks.
Just wondering how can i change my user name here? i think to have one like yours, any idea? pls give some cools nicks!
PM the boss Askpin
The Following User Says Thank You to oge For This Useful Post:
aleyalan (03-16-2010)