Sarah Palin a redneck - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg005 View Post
Everyone has a right to their own opinion. We should not be here to make fun of people or to put them down. Imjustme is not right and he is NOT WRONG. It is what he believes to be true. The end.
I agree.. But, I felt like I would add a couple cents, since this was a bashing tread against McCain and Palin and the republican party..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-18-2008

Longevity: 91%

Hmmm.... I just found this, as well:

Quote:
According to recent US census figures, since President Bush assumed power in 2000 poverty has risen by 7%, the proportion of those without healthcare has risen by 9%, and median household income has fallen by 3%. But where the poor are most numerous, it seems the Democrats are weakest. The 10 states with the lowest household median income, where people are least likely to have healthcare and most likely to live in poverty, all voted Republican in 2004. Not only are they poor, but they're getting poorer. The five states with the steepest falls in income backed Bush.

Indeed, if anything the Democrats' base seems to be among the wealthy. The same census figures showed that seven of the 10 states with the highest median incomes voted Democrat, and citizens who lived in Democrat states were less likely to live in poverty and more likely to have health insurance. And these states are getting wealthier. The five with the sharpest increase in income all voted Democrat in 2004.
Gary Younge: What's the matter with voting Republican if you're poor? | Comment is free | The Guardian
I'm sure the above information can be verified, if you want to do it: Census Bureau Home Page

So... that would make the above, not opinion, but fact.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-19-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesYaBaoy View Post
Ok so what he is saying is that the less population a state has the "Less Educated" the people in that state will be..

LOL
I didn't say that. Read it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyjr86 View Post
LOL --- imjustme, every single one of your posts its SOOOO biased its not even funny. You think because you moved around you have a better view of the country? Saying things like "educated people vote democrat" or to that extent is just ridiculous.
Yes, I do think I have a better view because I moved around. You can give me a blank world map and I'll fill you in all the country names correctly. Can McCain do that? You'll be lucky if he finds Spain (which he thinks is in South America) or "Yugoslavia" :D

You're in denial and that's okay. It's like the 5 Kubler-Ross stages.

* Denial (I will vote for McCain!)
* Anger (Why is the economy crap and why are US soldiers dying?)
* Bargaining (I may vote Democrat if ...)
* Depression (I was wrong ...geez...)
* Acceptance (I'll vote for Obama!)

You can't see that your party has ruined the economy, wasted 10 billions a month in an unnecessary war for the past few years, and the next guy in line thinks Spain, a key ally in the war on terror, is a rogue state in South America and after 10 years still doesn't know that Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore. It's just scary he calls himself the expert in foreign policy if he doesn't even know the countries.

But if you can look past that and still vote for him, that's a very brave thing.
Old 09-19-2008

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I think the only reason the election will be close - let's face it - is that Obama is not white. If he were white, McCain would already be blown out of the water.

I don't care what color Obama is, but unfortunately many people do.
Hmmmmm -- This sounds to me like you are already looking for excuses as to why your candidate lost the election
Old 09-19-2008

I am continually amused at how Palin always evades answering questions put to her by non-Fox news agencies.

I can't wait to see that VP debate.

Election 2008: Electoral College Update - September 18, 2008
Electoral College: Obama 193 McCain 189

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-19-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default Palin's husband won't testify in trooper inquiry, campaign says

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's husband won't comply with a subpoena issued by state lawmakers investigating her firing of Alaska's public safety commissioner, the McCain-Palin campaign said Thursday.

Palin's husband won't testify in trooper inquiry, campaign says - CNN.com

You gota love the fact that her husband is REFUSING to comply with the state lawmakers as his wife runs for Vice-President of the USA......
Just another reason to ask your self WTF was John McCain thinking when he picked her..
Was he high or what?????????

Old 09-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Probably just senile....
Which would also explain why he's confusing Spain with a South American country and thinks Yugoslavia still exists. He's just senile, no reason not to become President of the United States, right? :D
Old 09-19-2008

The map posted earlier reminds me of this map my father-in-law sent me. I was a little horrified when I realized how closely it matches my perceptions. It's amazing how the brain catalogs information and attaches meaning. It made me realize I am not immune to being prejudiced. I guess we all are in our ways. There are some stereotypes I could work on, apparently.

Old 09-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

That map is funny :D But then compare it with the actual Electoral Vote map on the previous page and see what color the "KKK" part is? I guess that's the true reason they don't vote for Obama. Sad...
Old 09-19-2008

Perhaps. Who knows? I couldn't really comment on the whys. I haven't been to that part of the country. I have been to a lot of places in the world but haven't traveled that much in my own country. Pretty sad, huh? I guess with the dollar tanking, I will be more inclined to do so in the future as traveling abroad is so expensive these days.

I did read an article that was pretty interesting about how people are moving to be closer to like-minded people. In the 1950's and 1960's you had surges of people moving from rural to urban and then later, suburban areas. Now people are moving to be closer to those that think alike, politically, religiously, etc. People are choosing where to live based on beliefs, which I thought was very interesting. This may account for why some areas are heavily slanted one way or the other when it comes to politics.
Old 09-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
True Bush didn't know the difference between APEC and OPEC
Bush Mistakes APEC For OPEC At Sydney Summit
Attending the key Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit in Sydney, U.S. President George Bush has confused the name of the meeting with OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries). The president made the slip in a speech to a group of business leaders.

or the difference between Slovenia and Slovakia
Slovakia or Slovenia

but that didn't stop him from getting two terms.

That kind of stupidity on the part of the "American people" as Bush likes to call us is what worries me in terms of McCain's chances for election.

Don't get me wrong, I do not like Bush what so ever...

But you do know that he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder AND Early Alzheimer's.... Right?

Old 09-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

As of today, Obama would have 273, McCain 265. The Republicans are losing New Mexico, Colorado, Iowa.
Old 09-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
It's mind boggling that two people like McCain and Palin could get any electoral votes whatsoever. Sad testament to the times.
At least we agree on 1 thing.... LOL
Old 09-21-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
True Bush didn't know the difference between APEC and OPEC
Bush Mistakes APEC For OPEC At Sydney Summit
Attending the key Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit in Sydney, U.S. President George Bush has confused the name of the meeting with OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries). The president made the slip in a speech to a group of business leaders.

or the difference between Slovenia and Slovakia
Slovakia or Slovenia

but that didn't stop him from getting two terms.

That kind of stupidity on the part of the "American people" as Bush likes to call us is what worries me in terms of McCain's chances for election. Part of the reason for the electoral college is that our founding fathers knew that the American public was too stupid to elect its own president. Remains true to this day.

But the electoral college still chooses the president and the electoral college chose George W. Bush twice.
Old 09-21-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
Do you REALLY want to bring up the past?

You sent me MANY harassing PM's and you would NOT stop.
That in itself is a form of cyber-harassment.
You banned my old account for NO reason.
There are MANY people on this forum that have a major problem with you, it is not just me.
99% of the BS on this forum is started by you when you attack other people,
Well this isn't about any moderator here, but as for moderators in general. There is just a saying on the internet basically that goes: MODS=FAGS (that link is to a google search that can give relevant hits)

See also: Urban Dictionary: moderator

Last edited by Jonas; 09-21-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

I'm surprised at how none of the McCain supporters here had anything to say about the fact that McCain thinks Spain is a country in South America that hates the United States.
Old 09-23-2008

Longevity: 94%

Obama and McCain are both the same. they all have the same foreign policy.
Old 09-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

More good news. McCain is losing Virginia, a state that has voted Republican for the last 16 years.
Old 09-23-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Personally I am excited to see the Republican party being able to make great strategic plans in their campaign. During the majority portion of Obama's campaign when Hillary was still in it I thought he practically had it in the bag once he would get the nomination. The republican ticket isn't exactly what I wanted in the beginning, but I see it as a winning ticket that has stolen Obama's Change thunder. It's funny to see how its as if change oomph has switched sides.
Old 09-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgesmith View Post
...The republican ticket isn't exactly what I wanted in the beginning, but I see it as a winning ticket that has stolen Obama's Change thunder.
What world are you living in?

Obama Ahead 56% to 39% in Vote-rich California
Minnesota: Obama Leads McCain 52% to 44% / Coleman 48%, Franken 47% in Minnesota (I hope Al Franken wins the Senate election.)

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-23-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
Obama is a walking hypocrite..
Old 09-23-2008

Instead of simply slinging names about, could you please back this statement up with some fact, or an example?
We're trying to have an intelligent discussion here.

LOL!
Maybe something like this: YouTube - McCain: Mayors, Govs Don't Have Nat'l Security Experience
How about this one: YouTube - Cafferty: McCain a hypocrite? 8-15-2008
Look! Another one: YouTube - New McCain Ad: "Hypocrites" vs. "Lipstick"
Another one! They're everywhere, I tell you!: YouTube - McCain Smears Hillary Clinton As Lipstick On A Pig

Oh!... here's another funny one: YouTube - John McCain's ads are LIES. Here's the video proof.

Here's an interesting Fox "News" comparison: YouTube - FOX Attacks Obama Like Kerry

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-23-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Closed Thread