Sarah Palin a redneck - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%

If Mcain gets in office I am moving out of country fast
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-12-2008

Longevity: 91%

I saw the following in yesterday's weekly free entertainment newspaper:

Quote:
Seventeen-year-old Bristol Palin got her a** knocked up five or so months ago by 18-year-old Levi Johnston. Among the hobbies listed on Levi's since-yanked MySpace page—"fishing, shoot some sh*t, and just f*ckin' chillin'"—was this revealing tidbit: "I don't want kids." But Bristol, says her mom, "made the decision on her own to keep the baby," and is now engaged to Levi "Shootin' Sh*t" Johnston.

As the adoptive parent of a child born to a pair of unwed teenagers, I'm certainly not in favor of abortion in all circumstances. But I believe that it's a choice teenagers should be able to make for themselves—with input from their families whenever possible—and, so it seems, does the GOP's VP nominee. Sarah Palin is pleased that her daughter made the decision—on her own—to keep the baby.

But Sarah Palin doesn't believe that other girls should be able to make their own decisions. Sarah Palin believes abortion should be illegal in almost every instance—including rape and incest. So Bristol Palin is being celebrated for making a choice that Sarah Palin would like to take away from all other American women. Apparently, today's GOP believes that choice is a special right reserved for the wayward daughters of Republican elected officials.

Oh, and Sarah Palin also believes that birth control shouldn't be made available to teenagers, she opposes medically accurate sex education, and she backs abstinence-until- marriage sex "education."

Sigh.

The GOP has poured hundreds of millions of dollars into abstinence "education" programs during the Bush years. I believe this enormous investment of public funds begs the obvious question: [Are] our children abstaining? Sarah Palin's aren't. Despite this massive outlay on the part of the American taxpayer and the example set by her Christian parents, Bristol Palin became sexually active while still in high school. Excuse me, but if abstinence education can't keep the daughter of the evangelical governor of Alaska off the c*ck, what hope is there for the daughters—and some of the sons—of average Americans?

I'm a cad for writing this, of course, because shortly before Bristol and Levi were paraded before cheering throngs at the Republican National Convention, the Palins asked the media to respect their daughter's privacy.

Another special right: When it comes to respecting your family's privacy, Palin and the GOP see no need. They want to micromanage the most intimate aspects of your private life. And if their own kids fail to live up to the standards that Palin and the GOP seek to impose on your family, well, that's a private matter between the Palins, their daughter, their God, and the thousands of screaming imbeciles in elephant hats waving McCain/Palin signs on the floor of the Republican National Convention.
Savage Love - Savage Love | Dan Savage - The Stranger, Seattle's Only Newspaper
Old 09-13-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
People who support someone as lame as Palin do so because of partisan reasons - they are Repubs, she is a Repub. Same lame people who supported Bush, Jr. just 'cause. Actually wait a minute - some of the people who supported Bush actually had a reason - MONEY, because they figured that their hacks and cronies were IN now with the Bush Machine. I can relate to that at least.

WIth Palin there's no percentage. What does she stand for anyway?

Looking back over Presidents I have never been one to support someone just because of party. FDR was a great Democratic President. So was Kennedy. I actually like Nixon. Clinton was unfortunately the best we've had in a while.
Great post!
That's dead right.
Old 09-15-2008

Longevity: 90%

I did not read everyones posts, but honestly I'd take her over some 20 to 30 year politician. Not saying she does, but I think it would be more likely to take things to heart than being part of something corrupt. Also, obama is a poor choice... So its pretty clear to me..
Old 09-15-2008

Quote:
People who support someone as lame as Palin do so because of partisan reasons - they are Repubs, she is a Repub. Same lame people who supported Bush, Jr. just 'cause. Actually wait a minute - some of the people who supported Bush actually had a reason - MONEY, because they figured that their hacks and cronies were IN now with the Bush Machine. I can relate to that at least.

WIth Palin there's no percentage. What does she stand for anyway?

Looking back over Presidents I have never been one to support someone just because of party. FDR was a great Democratic President. So was Kennedy. I actually like Nixon. Clinton was unfortunately the best we've had in a while.
Sorry, don't agree. I support her because shes more to "home" if you will minus all the bull**** politicians who change their view to majority. Yes, your right I vote republican, but that is not the deciding factor its just something that is in common. Clinton was ****, and his integrity was proven with the monica case.. He is a liar, cheat etc.. Typical politician... I'll admit, I'm still waiting for the perfect candidate.. But of the ones.. I'm going McCain. Sorry, If im rambling on.. Been drinking again.. ;(
Old 09-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

In my opinion, anyone that votes Republican after the last 8 catastrophic years deserves to be shot on the spot (and that's coming from a non-violent person, me). That's just the truth. You can't expect the world (not the US, but the world) to put up another 4 and potentially 8 years of Republican bullpoop. McCain is talking about going to war with Iran (a nuclear power), Palin is talking about going to war with Russia (which has about 10,000 nuclear weapons).

Sorry, if after the past 8 years and even more talk about future wars you still vote Republican, you don't deserve to live on this planet.

The US had a great reputation in the world before the last 8 years and the Republicans managed to totally ruin it. Go anywhere in the world and tell them you're American and see what they talk behind your back. It's all about the Republican foreign policies. Threaten, invade, bomb, change government. Forget about diplomacy. And McCain is already starting again and he's not even elected yet.

It wasn't always like that, you know. The US used to have a great reputation and Americans were respected everywhere. Not anymore. If you want to get back to that, you should vote for Obama. He may not be perfect, but better than McCain. If you want more war, more US citizens dying in wars that should have never been fought, vote for McCain.

If McCain gets elected and next year you see an invasion of Iran or/and a war with Russia, come back here and read what I wrote, then hit your head on the wall for having voted Republican.
Old 09-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyjr86 View Post
I did not read everyones posts, but honestly I'd take her over some 20 to 30 year politician. Not saying she does, but I think it would be more likely to take things to heart than being part of something corrupt. Also, obama is a poor choice... So its pretty clear to me..
Palin has brought several of her high school and college girlfriends into government positions where they earned $50k+ without even having the qualifications for the job. Every other person would not even have been considered for those jobs. One of her girlfriends actually went straight from working on a cattle farm (no joke) into a high government position.

Do you actually know the definition of corruption?
Old 09-17-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
In my opinion, anyone that votes Republican after the last 8 catastrophic years deserves to be shot on the spot (and that's coming from a non-violent person, me). That's just the truth. You can't expect the world (not the US, but the world) to put up another 4 and potentially 8 years of Republican bullpoop. McCain is talking about going to war with Iran (a nuclear power), Palin is talking about going to war with Russia (which has about 10,000 nuclear weapons).
Show me the quote about russia? Some wars ARE necessary. Iran IS a threat to middle east, and war is not necessarily the solution..

Quote:
Sorry, if after the past 8 years and even more talk about future wars you still vote Republican, you don't deserve to live on this planet.
Don't be ridiculous.

Quote:
The US had a great reputation in the world before the last 8 years and the Republicans managed to totally ruin it. Go anywhere in the world and tell them you're American and see what they talk behind your back. It's all about the Republican foreign policies. Threaten, invade, bomb, change government. Forget about diplomacy. And McCain is already starting again and he's not even elected yet.
Your right, Clinton showed that Americans are full of honor and integrity. I can honestly say he F*cked everything up. Go DEMOCRATS!

Quote:
It wasn't always like that, you know. The US used to have a great reputation and Americans were respected everywhere. Not anymore. If you want to get back to that, you should vote for Obama. He may not be perfect, but better than McCain. If you want more war, more US citizens dying in wars that should have never been fought, vote for McCain.
I'm military (Airforce acutally) and I don't like leaving my family for war, but some things are necessary. If we elect McCain DOES NOT mean we will go to war but rather he would consider a bit longer or harder since he was a POW! Please get real.

Quote:
If McCain gets elected and next year you see an invasion of Iran or/and a war with Russia, come back here and read what I wrote, then hit your head on the wall for having voted Republican.
Oh jeez.. Your so redundant.

Quote:
And again..

-------------

Heres something..

Obama recently released an attack ad making fun of McCain for not being able to use a computer.

Sad story, McCain cannot use a computer because of the torture he endured in Viet Nam.

Here's the Advertisement:
Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | "Still" -- On the air...

Here's the article telling the story about McCain's inability to type:
http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...JlNjNjNjkxZmM=

-----

I'd rather not have a dirt bag running our country... It's pretty obvious he respects military etc.. (sarcasm) And he probably won't send more military members overseas because he genuinely cares.. (sarcasm again)

Your whole war theory is bull****.. Sorry.

Last edited by Caseyjr86; 09-17-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-17-2008

Quote:
Yes I read all that. Palin sounds like a really ignorant, mean, petty person.
She sounds oldschool to me. Not someone who changes view to the majority. To me I respect that over ANY politician.
Old 09-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Iran is a threat because the United States' current foreign policy pushes it towards becoming a threat. If your country is over years being threatened, you end up having to develop nuclear weapons to defend yourself.

Iraq didn't have any weapons of mass destructions. They said it, the UN inspectors said it, the Republican government invaded anyways.

When Bush's daddy was head of the CIA, he supplied Osama Bin Laden and the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan with money and weapons to help them fight the proxy cold war. Everybody forgot about that? He actually created the terrorists and I'm sorry to say, Jeremiah Wright (Obama's pastor) was right when he said that the chickens are coming home (or whatever the sentence was). I don't write the world history, but it's there for anyone that has open eyes to see it.

And if Clinton was a bad president because he got a blowjob from his secretary, I'd prefer that any day over a president that sends his troops to war and gets thousands of them killed, and 90,000 civilians killed in Iraq over weapons of mass destruction that never existed and he made up to go to war. What's worse? Lying about getting your dick sucked or getting 90,000 innocent people killed?

Back to Iran. Just like Iraq, they are no threat to the United States. Why would Iran want to attack the United States? They don't, they won't, leave them alone and they will leave you alone too. Oh, you mean they will attack Israel? Well, that was a moronic idea anyways to place a Jewish state in the middle of Arab countries. They should have created Israel in Texas or somewhere.

And to be honest, if you elect a president in today's age that can't use a computer and can't drive a car ...yes, McCain can't drive a car, Cindy McCain said that herself in a morning talk show ..seriously. A 100 years ago that was acceptable, in today's age, not really. McCain even talks about Yugoslavia, a country that hasn't existed for over 10 years.

McCain was a POW, yes. But he's no war hero, he's an idiot. Nobody forced him to go fight the Vietnam War. That was another worthless war. I can go to Iraq right now and get captured, does that make me a war hero? No, it makes me an idiot.

Bottom line is, I'm done trying to convince Republicans. They don't care about the world and the world knows it. For Republicans, the world ends right outside their doorstep and what happens beyond is either not their business or too far away to bother with.

And that just makes me feel sad, not only for the world, but also for the individuals who can't see that.
Old 09-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Let me leave you with this ... a Republican is like a deer trying to cross the street. It will see the car. It will also see the lights, yet it will still try to make a run for it and end up getting hit by the car. And what does the next deer do? The exact same thing, even though the deer before got hit by the car.
Old 09-17-2008

Republican = Deer
America = Car

If you hit enough deer, you won't be able to drive your car anymore. And one of those deer might kill you (or your family member in the military).
Old 09-18-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
Republican = Deer
America = Car

If you hit enough deer, you won't be able to drive your car anymore. And one of those deer might kill you (or your family member in the military).
I hit a deer Once.. :o

http://www.aspkin.com/i-meet-a-deer-on-the-road/
Old 09-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Like Modee said, you have to view the US from outside the US to see what's wrong and where it needs to improve. I've lived in a lot of countries including the US, Canada, Spain, Germany and Japan among others. "Lived" meaning I spent at least 3 years of my life living there.

I can tell you each one of those countries has the same freedom, the same liberties and everything else as the US has. The US might have been the best place in the world to live in the 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, etc. whenever the economy was strong and basic freedoms were respected. But not anymore.

But when people get arrested in airports for wearing a t-shirt with a transformer on it or for saying the word "bomb" (as in "that's the bomb"), that's not freedom anymore, sorry. There are other countries with more job availability, less poverty, better education and better salaries. Many of these countries, with less money than the US, have free health care for their citizens. The current Republican administration doesn't even properly take care of its own veterans, much less ordinary citizens.

Nearly 60% of US soldiers serving in Iraq can't find Iraq on a map. Is that good education? No.

The current Republican administration is wasting 10 billion dollars in Iraq per month and McCain wants to keep that up for another 100 years, in his own words. That money should be used for education, for creating workplaces and improving health care. How many new schools and hospitals does 10 billion *a month* pay for? A lot.

So I'm sorry to say, but educated America votes Democrat. Uneducated America votes Republican. The above proves it and even the electoral map proves it.

As of today:

All of the less educated states vote Republican. All of the educated states vote Democrat. People in California, New York, Washington State, Michigan, Oregon, etc. all know a lot more about the world than people in Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Wyoming, etc.

I'm not saying everyone, but the majority that is needed to turn a state blue or red.

In the end, it comes down to foreign policies. The Republican foreign policy is a nightmare. When you stick your head into the business of other countries, you end up getting into trouble. Ever wondered why countries like France, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Japan, Russia, etc. don't have terrorist attacks? Not because they're not freedom-loving or because they don't have freedom. That's the typical Bush line "they attack us because they hate freedom...". Bullpoop. Terrorists love freedom just as much as Americans and Japanese do. Terrorism has nothing to do with freedom. It's because they don't interfere with politics of other countries. Interfering with politics of other countries creates problems. Problems create hate. Hate creates terrorism.

I'm sorry, see it or not, believe it or not, but that's the truth.
Old 09-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

And yet again, McCain is confusing countries.

Quote:
During an interview in Miami earlier this week with Spanish-language station Union Radio, a reporter asked McCain whether, if elected, he would receive Zapatero in the White House. McCain answered, "Honestly, I have to analyze our relationships, situations, and priorities, but I can assure you that I will establish closer relationships with our friends, and I will stand up to those who want to harm the United States.

Ouch. The question about Zapatero, clearly framed by the reporter as a question about Spain, came after inquiries on Venezuela, Bolivia, and Cuba. As a result, much of the Spanish press has decided that the Republican candidate, who hails himself as the experienced foreign policy choice in this election, confused Spain — a NATO member and key ally in the fight against terrorism — with one of those troublesome Latin American states. That was certainly the interviewer's impression, for she followed up with a gentle reminder that Spain was a country in Europe."
Spain is a key ally in the war on terror and a strong NATO member. Yet McCain has it confused with a South-American country and promises to "stand up to them".

This guy is a nut! But read it for yourself here:
Did McCain Diss Spain? - TIME

You can't elect a guy for president that doesn't even know the countries that are key allies and thinks Spain is a country in South America.
Old 09-18-2008

Quote:
So I'm sorry to say, but educated America votes Democrat. Uneducated America votes Republican.
This is the most hilarious post yet. Imjustme, ever hear of Harvard? Or Harvard Law school. How about Columbia University or Johns Hopkins? Citadel? Tulane? Loyola? These are the main schools members of my family have attended. Graduate and undergraduate. We are all Republicans. BTW, I personally know some of the Rockefeller family -- as in John D Rockefeller. His daughters family Geraldine Rockefeller - Marcellus Hartley Dodge -- They are republicans too!

I understand you have a right to your opinion just as you have the right to express that opinion however, to say Republicans are not educated is, well, hysterical!

Last edited by trg005; 09-18-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

I didn't talk about single people, but generally speaking. Of course there are billionaires behind the Republican party just like there are billionaires behind the Democrat party, but if you look at the electoral map, you understand what I mean.

I never said that Republicans were uneducated. What I said is that the majority of people living in the states that vote Republican, are uneducated. Not just uneducated in terms of university and college degrees, but in terms of knowledge of the "outside world". You can have a degree in this and that and still be uneducated. An expensive degree doesn't mean anything if you can't put Iraq on the map, think that Spain is in South America, Yugoslavia still exists or you still believe that the base of the economy is strong.

McCain is an idiot puppet pushed into the spotlight by the people who run the Republican party who hope that equal idiots will vote for him.

You vote for McCain, that's great for you and you have my sincere condolences, honestly. Just don't expect the rest of the world to be on the same level.

Last edited by imjustme; 09-18-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-18-2008

LOL --- imjustme, every single one of your posts its SOOOO biased its not even funny. You think because you moved around you have a better view of the country? Saying things like "educated people vote democrat" or to that extent is just ridiculous. Most of your "facts" are things without valid proof. 60% of us soldiers don't know where iraq is? Please, tell me where you find this statistic..

Things like this make me laugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme
All of the educated states vote Democrat. People in California, New York, Washington State, Michigan, Oregon, etc. all know a lot more about the world than people in Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Wyoming, etc.
I am not going to get into all the unfounded statistics and theories of yours, because that is exactly what they are.. Wait I will once.. If I was arguing like you I would bring up the fact California is full of rich celebrities that believe in religions like Scientology and things like that.. Who in their right mind would believe in that crap?
Old 09-18-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
LOL --- imjustme, every single one of your posts its SOOOO biased its not even funny.
I was hoping he'd get to talking jokes about OJ Simpson.
Old 09-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Ok so what he is saying is that the less population a state has the "Less Educated" the people in that state will be..

LOL
Old 09-18-2008

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. We should not be here to make fun of people or to put them down. Imjustme is not right and he is NOT WRONG. It is what he believes to be true. The end.
Old 09-18-2008

Quote:
LOL --- imjustme, every single one of your posts its SOOOO biased its not even funny. You think because you moved around you have a better view of the country? Saying things like "educated people vote democrat" or to that extent is just ridiculous. Most of your "facts" are things without valid proof. 60% of us soldiers don't know where iraq is? Please, tell me where you find this statistic..

Things like this make me laugh...
-snip-
While I couldn't find info to back up the specific claim that imjustme made, I did find this interesting info. When you consider that the military is made up of average U.S. citizens, it isn't difficult to believe the number he quoted.

Don't know where Iraq is? | Gazette, The (Colorado Springs) | Find Articles at BNET

Quote:
Despite the threat of war in Iraq and the daily reports of suicide bombers in Israel, less than 15 percent of the young U.S. citizens could locate either country.
Survey Reveals Geographic Illiteracy

Things like this should make you cry.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-18-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Closed Thread