eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Would you buy Gucci bags etc off of eBay? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/80110-would-you-buy-gucci-bags-etc-off-ebay.html)

BigCJ 12-01-2014 06:16 PM

Re: Would you buy Gucci bags etc off of eBay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 614408)
Feedback is key - good point on communication and verification of authenticity slokor

That and selling history...
God forbid there is a hacked account :(

satking 12-01-2014 06:24 PM

I think that if the seems to cheap it probably is

pokerpro 12-01-2014 08:31 PM

My ex-wife bought a Coach Bag 7 years ago....I said it was a phake, just based on the sellers listings not the bag....it was awesome.......so we took it to a Coach store and ALL but the manager thought it was real.........it was that good...and that was 7 years ago......if they've improved at all, you couldn't tell.

Now, I'm not defending Phakes....I agree, most are junk, I just wanted to relay a personal experience that there are a few good one out there that will pretty much fool 99.89% of people.

If I hadn't seen this bag in the context of that seller having iike 150 other new Coach bags listed, I wouldn't have suspected it for a minute..and they had perfect feedback!

glacier922 12-01-2014 08:33 PM

So poker pro, if all but the manager thought it was real, was it phake? How were u able to tell afterwards?

pokerpro 12-02-2014 03:14 AM

Yes, it was....believe it or not, what color the stitching on the very bottom of the bag was the clincher.....but I'll tell you...the girls all ( including the manger, a Coach 15 year employee) were slack-jawed at how good it was!

rsot 12-02-2014 06:36 AM

Quality of the knockoffs keep getting better...but congratz PokerPro on the quality find...?

GreenBean 12-02-2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 614723)
So poker pro, if all but the manager thought it was real, was it phake? How were u able to tell afterwards?

All of these items have hidden marks within the structures.

Things that the counterfeiters never are aware of even being there.

Even brick & mortar stores have been conned into buying phakes.

It's the old story, if it looks to good to be true, it usually is.

:bounce:

yankee 12-02-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 614868)
Quality of the knockoffs keep getting better...but congratz PokerPro on the quality find...?

HAHA Yea, it is hard to say if that is a good thing or a bad thing, lol

oompaloompa 12-02-2014 08:12 AM

I would not buy anything to do with safety like a stab vest, or some perfume that could give me a rash......on the tv this morning there was something about anti-dandruff shampoo being fa ked....

but a handbag, if it looks good, who cares, but if it is a quarter of the price you would get in a store then thats your own fault, buy in a big store if you want to be sure...some seller with a one-off could have been given a present and resell it, they may not even know anyway...

rsot 12-02-2014 10:12 AM

oompa is queen of quality :)

glacier922 12-02-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerpro (Post 614810)
Yes, it was....believe it or not, what color the stitching on the very bottom of the bag was the clincher.....but I'll tell you...the girls all ( including the manger, a Coach 15 year employee) were slack-jawed at how good it was!

I find it so funny that people could be put in jail and sued up the wazoo for something as simple as a color that is slightly off, and the fact that so many desire this type of stuff. But on the other side of the coin, we need people to value these things because after all, that's how we make our living! Without people valuing these types of stuff, prices won't be high, and we won't be on ebay and amazon.

pokerpro 12-02-2014 07:30 PM

The thing is, this seller did not give himself away by a cheap price....all his stuff was like only 10-15% off store retail.......so it was just enough off (also no sales tax) to get people to spring for it......but not so cheap that is was an obvious phake......he had a good game plan

yankee 12-02-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerpro (Post 615153)
The thing is, this seller did not give himself away by a cheap price....all his stuff was like only 10-15% off store retail.......so it was just enough off (also no sales tax) to get people to spring for it......but not so cheap that is was an obvious phake......he had a good game plan

Did you leave five stars?
:typing:

unkown5454 12-02-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 615031)
I find it so funny that people could be put in jail and sued up the wazoo for something as simple as a color that is slightly off, and the fact that so many desire this type of stuff. But on the other side of the coin, we need people to value these things because after all, that's how we make our living! Without people valuing these types of stuff, prices won't be high, and we won't be on ebay and amazon.

I'm very confused by this comment.

So, you sell count/terf/eits and this is your business?

Also, you are really slow in the head if you think the only difference between an original and coun/terf/eit is the colors. :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :noidea:

GreenBean 12-03-2014 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 615031)

So what you are also saying is you do not care about the laws of the land based on consumer demands for foo-foos?

'cos Joe Public wants it, you are going to flog it and to hell with the law?

The whole point of the thread was to enable you to feel less guilt at law-breaking?

Hope you can afford an attorney.

:mad:

glacier922 12-03-2014 01:29 AM

No greenbean, it's not like that at all! I'm saying that people are so indoctrinated into these consumer goods that do very little for a person's life, health etc etc. I mean come on, a Gucci bag is not going to relieve joint pains or anything, but peeps will spend tons of money, go into debt for a bag.

I never said to sell foo foo, I meant that people valuing these name brands is important for us because it raises the price of everything else including generics. That's how we make a living.

What I am saying overall is that I don't value these stuff, but it's important for us sellers for other people to value it because it raises the price overall and that's how we make our living as sellers.

I'm not really taking a stance on anything, more like an argument. Kind of like saying, the sky is blue. Are people going to skin me for that?

glacier922 12-03-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 615208)
I'm very confused by this comment.

So, you sell count/terf/eits and this is your business?

Also, you are really slow in the head if you think the only difference between an original and coun/terf/eit is the colors. :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :noidea:

False accusations bro, putting words in my mouth, never said I sell foo foo fool.

unkown5454 12-03-2014 02:46 AM

There is no "generic" Gucci. There is only real and coun/terf/eit.

You really aren't making any good points. How does the price of Gucci increase the price of other products or brands unless you are selling coun/terf/eit Gucci?

The only way this could make sense is with Apple and companies who fall into the same category where generic, low quality accessories are allowed, albeit barely because most morons are just trying to pass them off as original.

The price of major designers has no effect on anyone's products on this forum or EB, AZ, etc. unless they are selling the coun/terf/eit version.

Then you boast about how all of this helps you to make a living. So, what we have here, like GB said, is a stupid "pat yourself on the back", "everything is going to be ok" thread. Just rambling with no end or legitimate point in sight. On top of that, you make it sound as if people who can afford these brands are stupid, yet here you are complaining on a forum just wasting space. Maybe you should get back to selling because you are jealous of those with much more disposable income than yourself.

Most of the time, when people b!tch and complain about what others can buy, it's because they are broke.

glacier922 12-03-2014 02:49 AM

Thanks for going on a moral rant about nothing! In summary, what I said was even though people should not value these useless things like Gucci, on the other side of the coin, if they don't, then we wouldn't make money off of alternatives, geez learn to read brah

unkown5454 12-03-2014 02:53 AM

Supposedly, I'm on a moral rant, but you created an entire thread about how you think expensive things you can't afford are useless and that no one should buy them because they don't have any positive influence on your life or health.

How many circles can the hamster run?

glacier922 12-03-2014 02:55 AM

I might have had a moral rant about not valuing name brands, but I didn't libel anyone, accusing them of selling foos foos.

oompaloompa 12-03-2014 05:45 AM

this girls name sounds like Fanny Shatter, which is apt, given the burn was on upper thigh.

Exploding Samsung Galaxy phone leaves teenager with third degree burns and smelling like a 'burnt pig' | Daily Mail Online

been thinking alot about this sub-standard battery stuff when boarding planes, the batteries in peoples pockets and luggage...

burnt human flesh smells like pork apparently according to article...........