eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Would you buy Gucci bags etc off of eBay? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/80110-would-you-buy-gucci-bags-etc-off-ebay.html)

glacier922 11-28-2014 09:22 PM

Would you buy Gucci bags etc off of eBay?

Just wondering, since we all know its high risks etc, would you guys and gals buy this type of stuff of of eBay knowing that it could be foo foo? It doesn't have to be Gucci or whatever. Just anything where you would expect to be genuine.

unkown5454 11-28-2014 10:12 PM

Re: Would you buy Gucci bags etc off of eBay?

Why?

There is no point. Especially since certain brands like Gucci have outlets...

And awesome sites like yoox.com where many unsold designer items are sent when the seasons change.

jeffweico 11-28-2014 10:15 PM

Never. Not unless I was going under the assumption that it was a phake. eBay is NO PLACE to buy an original designer item.

GreenBean 11-29-2014 12:33 AM

I never expect Hell to freeze over so I never expect to buy these on ebay.

OP, Would you buy them?

:ranger:

glacier922 11-29-2014 12:37 AM

Well, I don't buy Gucci stuff, but yes I would buy that type of "stuff" on eBay, knowing what to expect. I'm not going to be like other buyers, complaining its foo foo.

GreenBean 11-29-2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 613577)
Well, I don't buy Gucci stuff, but yes I would buy that type of "stuff" on eBay, knowing what to expect. I'm not going to be like other buyers, complaining its foo foo.

Wait until you buy one before saying that.

Replicas sux.

:rolleyes:

unkown5454 11-29-2014 02:53 AM

Oh ok then, now that we understand you like garbage, go get you some f@ke sh!t so you can be cool with all of your friends.

JamesNorth101 11-29-2014 04:45 AM

I think certain things are pretty easy to tell if they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or not on eBay going by the pictures and the seller.

I have and will again buy designer stuff from eBay, partly because its very convenient and partly because it may no longer be available in the shops.

If something is a knock off its a bit annoying but its pretty simple to turn return it and get a refund. Luckily its only happened 2 times in the last few years.

rsot 11-29-2014 09:31 AM

If I want authentic items, eB is not the place to go for designer of anything...clothes, perfumes, shoes, etc...

rsot 11-29-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 613603)
Oh ok then, now that we understand you like garbage, go get you some f@ke sh!t so you can be cool with all of your friends.

:thumb: cool :clap:

GreenBean 11-29-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 613625)
I think certain things are pretty easy to tell if they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or not on eBay going by the pictures and the seller.

I have and will again buy designer stuff from eBay, partly because its very convenient and partly because it may no longer be available in the shops.

If something is a knock off its a bit annoying but its pretty simple to turn return it and get a refund. Luckily its only happened 2 times in the last few years.

It is a silly risk to involve a stealth account for the sake of an item that has a high chance of being phake.

Have to look at the overall picture here.

Is it worth the risk of harm to a stealth account for a counterfeit? Buyers can lose. So no it is not.

:pout:

JamesNorth101 11-29-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 613745)
It is a silly risk to involve a stealth account for the sake of an item that has a high chance of being phake.

Its not a stealth account :thumb:

While there may be a lot of phakes on eBay there are also a lot of genuine items being sold by genuine sellers.

So long as you do due diligence then then the risk is not all that high, and often eBay is the only easy to access market place that will have a 30 year old watch/sunglasses/wallet ect.

glacier922 11-30-2014 05:11 AM

I personally don't buy name brands of anything. If it was a diamond, I'd just buy the, what was it called? The saconium diamond or something? The man made diamond I mean. Both is just carbon, and both is just as hard, why buy one made by a volcano for 50x the price? Both of them is hard enough for industrial use.

But I was just saying if you're going to buy name brands off of eBay and it turned out to be foo foo, then so be it.

GreenBean 11-30-2014 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 613748)
Its not a stealth account :thumb:

So that's your case.

It still applies that stealth users should probably err on the side of caution in case of issues.

:violin:

rsot 11-30-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 614037)
I personally don't buy name brands of anything. If it was a diamond, I'd just buy the, what was it called? The saconium diamond or something? The man made diamond I mean. Both is just carbon, and both is just as hard, why buy one made by a volcano for 50x the price? Both of them is hard enough for industrial use.

But I was just saying if you're going to buy name brands off of eBay and it turned out to be foo foo, then so be it.

Industrial use you say...not for the look

GreenBean 11-30-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 614037)

Ah, but the real McCoy is wonderful to wear on your finger.

Dont need ebay to taint a sale of a real diamond.

:noidea:

rsot 11-30-2014 09:15 AM

Zirconia for the win? :FF:

BigCJ 11-30-2014 05:40 PM

The only thing I 'trust' to buy from ebay are office supplies and electronics from LARGER sellers. Even the art stuff that I buy needs to come from a larger source on that platform unless its in bulk or a closeout.

Gucci and LV on ebay? Nope

yankee 11-30-2014 05:46 PM

I buy underarmour stuff on ebay. Oftentimes UA ebay store and oftentimes in the plastic ziplock bags, lol

Honestly, It is almost impossible to know if, per say, an under armour shirt is 100% legit unless you try top silk screen it and it does not require 350 degrees, haha

I guess what I am saying is, I do buy that sort of stuff and sometimes I expect it to not come from the original manufacturer.

dealagreeproceed 12-01-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 613603)

WOW WOW!!! AHAHA he gets pissed at him...:lol::mad::lol::pop2:

slokor 12-01-2014 02:31 AM

I actually did buy a very high value Louis Vuitton purse for my wife on ebay.
Made sure the seller had well over 5000 feedbacks for similar sales with zero negative feedbacks before doing so and made sure I had a contact within the local Louis Vuitton store who could verify for me that it was authentic.
There are some circumstances under which it is possible to do so.

rsot 12-01-2014 05:33 AM

Feedback is key - good point on communication and verification of authenticity slokor