- U.S BAILOUT TO REACH 7.7 Trillion - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 11-25-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default - U.S BAILOUT TO REACH 7.7 Trillion

Bloomberg.com: Exclusive

U.S Government is prepared to spend more than 7.7 TRILLION dollars on behave of the taxpayers after bailing out Citigroup Inc for 306 Billion yesterday.

Understand this - they are pledging an amount of money equal to HALF of the ENTIRE DOMESTIC PRODUCT of the country last year.

What does that mean? They are pledging an amount equal to HALF the value of EVERYTHING produced in the nation last year.

This money pledged is equivalent to $24,000 from every man, woman and child in the country.

It is NINE times the amount of money spent so far in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This money could have payed off more than HALF of the entire country's mortgages.

At this rate, the interest on the government's debt alone could be more than the entire Federal Budget within half a year. At this point the U.S dollar would collapse and who knows what else. Research and educate yourself NOW. Prepare, make others aware.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-25-2008

Longevity: 90%

Good morning, good evening Slavaja! Great post! Obviously bailing out failing companies will not help US economy. It will only DELAY the coming depression and the total collapse of the US market. They systematically destroy US dollar. If anyone has savings in US dollars I would suggest that you convert them into PHYSICAL gold or silver commodities or else sooner or later you will wake up only to find that your US dollars saving account of 401k only worth 1/10th of what it used to be.
Old 11-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

I say give us all $24,000 and that might help
Old 11-25-2008

I had to whoop out the calculator to see if the 24000 per person is correct. Sure was, actually like 25000. And all they could give us was a little $600 stimilus check.
Old 11-26-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 94%

im wondering why it went up to 7.7 trillion... i guess more companies needs bailing out... but 7.7 trillion just thrown into the market? well looks like the US dollar is going straight down the toilet....

once the interest on the national debt can't be payed off... a depression like the one we had the in the 1930's will begin...

Last edited by Slavaja; 11-27-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 11-29-2008

Longevity: 98%

Actually the federal reserve prints more money than it makes or borrows so they can just print endless money to pay off the national debt. The US dollar is the world's reserve currency and that's what keeps it from going to hyperinflation. Other countries have been able to get rid of their national debt by printing out lots of money and turning their currency into nothing.
Old 11-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Actually the federal reserve prints more money than it makes or borrows so they can just print endless money to pay off the national debt. The US dollar is the world's reserve currency and that's what keeps it from going to hyperinflation. Other countries have been able to get rid of their national debt by printing out lots of money and turning their currency into nothing.
The US also prints out money to pay their debts, which has contributed to the declining value of the dollar
Old 11-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Just tells me you lack the BASIC UNDERSTANDING on how economy works. The more money the federal reserve print which by the way is a PRIVATELY OWNED COMPANY the WEAKER your currency becomes. So basically with all the bailouts that were given away (which go into trillions now) all they really did was weakining their own dollar (your dollar!). Trust me it's going to be so much worse then it is now. The more money they print the GREATER the inflation is and not the other way around. The US dollar soon will be destroyed and abundant as a currency. There will be hyperinflation where people will be paying 4 - 5 times more on everyday items. All this bailouts that were given to various institutions are only delaying the inevitable, making it even worse then if they were letting this compnaies fail and file for chapter 11. US is in more debt right now then ever.
Old 11-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

So what do you recommend?
Old 11-29-2008

I recommend you invest your money into gold and I am talking about physical gold not stock commodities. People who invest now into gold will get a good return on it when it goes up to 2k per oz or like some say even higher up to 8-10k per oz. Also I would suggest you start buying and store essential items that you use everyday like toilet paper, shaving cream, tooth paste etc .. You should have enough can food, flour, rise etc ...
Old 11-30-2008

I think you should start stocking up on water! All kinds of water. The whole world is going to turn into a great big desert. Having a stockpile of water will make you rich!

Or...

Start stocking up on dirt! If the world doesn't turn into a great big desert, it's going to be covered with water. Having a stockpile of dirt will make you rich!

Or stock up on both dirt and water!!! That's what I'm going to do!

Really.

No... really really.
Old 12-04-2008
MU

Longevity: 92%

WOW
Why dont they give each person a million dollars..They will still have more then enough left over