If you had 1k dollars how would you invest it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 12-01-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default If you had 1k dollars how would you invest it?

This is a pretty interesting topic.

My grandparents started an investment account for me about 15 years ago. With major recent losses and overall poor performance the account has lost a substantial amount of money. I cant let this continue.

For conversations sake, if you had a grand where would you put it? Gold, CD, investment fund, stocks, something else?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-01-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I agree, you cash out now and you'll lose more in the long run. Unless you need that money NOW, leave it alone for a couple more years. Things will improve.
Old 12-01-2008
Threadstarter  

Thats one way to look at it, but there could always be a better option. Once the money is gone, its gone.

The reason this account is so frustrating is that even before the recent stock collapse, it was right around even. That is 15 years of no growth, either my grandparents got hosed or this investment firm is really bad.

They did move the money to another account, but they said if I had a better plan I could move the money. I guess Ill just stick it out.

I was contemplating gambling on Circuit City, I cant imagine them going out of business, i can see a day where they will be back to atleat 10 bucks a share, or even 5.

then I thought about gold...
Old 12-01-2008

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seller View Post
This is a pretty interesting topic.

My grandparents started an investment account for me about 15 years ago. With major recent losses and overall poor performance the account has lost a substantial amount of money. I cant let this continue.

For conversations sake, if you had a grand where would you put it? Gold, CD, investment fund, stocks, something else?
If I were you I would invest in Gold. Always have some cash in your stash but the majority must be invested in physical Gold. Gold will raise to astronomical value soon enough.
Old 12-01-2008
Threadstarter  

Default nevermind on CC

Circuit City stock: Don't bet on bankruptcies - USATODAY.com

I have heard both sides to the story, but this article has me sold on not being sold on this stock.
Old 12-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

You NEVER lose or gain money until you sell...
Old 12-02-2008

Longevity: 89%

Yes, I agree, Its not cheating, till you get caught
Old 12-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Gold is intended for 10% of your investment only. Over time nothing beats the stock market.
For the sake of the argument forget about investing in stock market for the next 10 years. For the sake of the truth finance will be the least of your worries. The stock market collapse is only the beginning ... Sheeple will be awakened to reality to which it never thought possible before ... Most people will not able to bear what's coming at them because they were "programmed" to believe the big lie. Your reality was always one big LIE. You beLIEved it so thoroughly that you forgot who you really are. Your reality will be crumbling before you as we speak. I am not trying to scare you I am just giving you a preview on whats to come. And those of you who will listen should search for the answers themselves. I am not your savior nor should I be one. If you are wise enough you will heed my warnings and read a few predictions on the other thread that was closed because the administrator of this forum decided he did not like what I had to say. Just serves me another good example how many people just like me were shot down by the mainstream folks only because the sheeple was afarid of the truth. Well now is the time when sheeple will be crying for God to help but know that each one of you has the spark of God. God is not outside but inside of each one of you. In every atom of your being. At the "end" of the day there is no difference between us only our experiences, our individualistic expressions. Life is but expression of what we tend to call God. Everything is of the sprce, even your monitor screen is made of particles of energy that ultimately connected to the soruce.
Old 12-02-2008

Quote:
I and my family and ancestors have lived and died through many recessions, a great depression and more than a few wars, and we've always done well with the stock market and real estate. Because these may not be doing well at the moment is no reason to be a SHEEP and abandon ship on solid, long term investments.
Modee, modee, modee ... Sometimes I wonder if we live on the same planet! Please don't compare the great depression to the one that is coming. First of all it's going to be much worse then the great depression. As I said before the great depression is going to look like a picnic compared to the one that is going to take place. There will be NO REAL ESTATE as you know it. The infrastructure, financial system will collapse and then people will be divided into 2 camps: those who will be willing to submit themselves willingly and accept the microchip and those few who will be self sufficient enough to not be dependent on the gov. When I say microchip I mean it as in general term to indicate that they will become entirely dependent on TBTB. They will be prisoners in their own home. Their every thought, every move will be monitored, influenced and if someone steps out of line they will be erased. No money, no identity, no food and no shelter.
Old 12-02-2008

Quote:
lol sorry pops, but surely you jest?
No modee this is not a joke. I am dead serious. This is no laughing matter! There are worse things to come because dictatorship is not going to hold for too long. Did you ever wonder why there are so many suicides nowadays? Why so many young people commit suicide (including school shootings) or why so many animals mass sucide? Because on the fundamental level humans know it's the end of the road, the end of humanity as you know it. People know their time is coming. It's on subconscious level but it's very intuitive. Do me a favor go and check every school shooting in US and see what were the suicide shooters saying. People never learn. You were too busy blaming them but you never listened to their pain. Don't get me wrong I do not support suicide or terrorism in any way shape or form but I listened to their pain. You can keep laughing me of if that makes you feel better. It doesn't make any difference to me though it sadness me how ignorant the human race is.

Sad ...
Old 12-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
No modee this is not a joke. I am dead serious. This is no laughing matter! There are worse things to come because dictatorship is not going to hold for too long. Did you ever wonder why there are so many suicides nowadays? Why so many young people commit suicide (including school shootings) or why so many animals mass sucide? Because on the fundamental level humans know it's the end of the road, the end of humanity as you know it. People know their time is coming. It's on subconscious level but it's very intuitive. Do me a favor go and check every school shooting in US and see what were the suicide shooters saying. People never learn. You were too busy blaming them but you never listened to their pain. Don't get me wrong I do not support suicide or terrorism in any way shape or form but I listened to their pain. You can keep laughing me of if that makes you feel better. It doesn't make any difference to me though it sadness me how ignorant the human race is.

Sad ...
hey, I just want to sell on ebay using stealth, this convo is way too deep for this board, lets start another thread about 21 day holds.......lol
Old 12-03-2008
MU

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
Modee, modee, modee ... Sometimes I wonder if we live on the same planet! Please don't compare the great depression to the one that is coming. First of all it's going to be much worse then the great depression. As I said before the great depression is going to look like a picnic compared to the one that is going to take place. There will be NO REAL ESTATE as you know it. The infrastructure, financial system will collapse and then people will be divided into 2 camps: those who will be willing to submit themselves willingly and accept the microchip and those few who will be self sufficient enough to not be dependent on the gov. When I say microchip I mean it as in general term to indicate that they will become entirely dependent on TBTB. They will be prisoners in their own home. Their every thought, every move will be monitored, influenced and if someone steps out of line they will be erased. No money, no identity, no food and no shelter.
HAHAh another conspirator..When will these people learn....
Old 12-03-2008
MU

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I agree, you cash out now and you'll lose more in the long run. Unless you need that money NOW, leave it alone for a couple more years. Things will improve.
Apskin have you been to the playboy palms club yet?
Old 12-03-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Nah, I'm afraid not.