Pretty sad comment on our society - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 01-27-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Pretty sad comment on our society

Denton police: Friends catch a movie after man shoots himself | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News

Friends of a man who shot himself in the head Saturday night left the scene instead of attending to him and went to a movie because they needed to “calm down,” they told Denton police.

The victim, who has not been identified by police, remained in intensive care Monday at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. No charges have been filed, but the investigation is continuing, said Officer Ryan Grelle, a spokesman for the department.

Officers responded to a report of a gunshot wound about 7:45 p.m. in the 1600 block of Boyd Street, which is south of Mingo Road and east of Texas Woman’s University. Police found the man with a gunshot wound to the head. Police said two people who had been asleep in a back room came to the man’s aid after his friends left.

Grelle said the friends returned about 45 minutes after police arrived. They said the victim took the bullets out of a .38-caliber revolver and set them on the coffee table. He then placed the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. The witnesses told officers they heard a click. They said the victim then loaded one bullet in the gun, placed it to his head and pulled the trigger. The gun fired.

The witnesses said they were upset and went to a movie to calm down, Grelle said.

Police have not determined what was happening when the gun fired and do not know whether the shooting was intentional or accidental.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Wow.. some friends they are.
Old 01-27-2009

Longevity: 89%

I think one of them probably killed him. If they were really his friends I seriously doubt they would just be standing over his dead body like- "Well........... that sucks"... "I know....let's go see a movie"...."yeah"......."yeah, maybe it'll cheer us up"......"but what about the police?" "fokk it we'll call em later tell em we went to see a movie to calm down"......"yeah"...."yeah good idea"........."so"...."uhhhhhh".."what movie are we going to see?"...."it should probably be a comedy"..... "yeah"......... "yeah"......(on the way out the door one stops and says)...."wait a second we don't have any money"....."take it from him he doesn't need it anymore"....."yeah"....."this is what he would want us to do anyways"....."yeah........"yeah"......"let's go"....."wait"......."do me a favor and grab his jacket it's fokkin freezing out here dude!"...well it's not like he'll mind..... get it.... mind...he'll mind !!! ahahahaha and they walk out the door laughing!
This sequence of events leads me to believe they were either just terrible friends or really stupid enemies.LMAO
Old 01-27-2009

Longevity: 91%

And I'm left wondering what movie they went to see.
Damn incomplete information!
Old 01-29-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketscope View Post
I think one of them probably killed him.
I second that. Even if they didn't do it, they can still be charged with negligence or something.
Old 01-29-2009
Banned

Longevity: 92%

You have to choose your friends very carefully. There's no point of having ⊗⊗⊗⊗ friends. Befriend those who have good qualities.
Old 01-30-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 93%

John, I could agree with you more.