Americans who need to be flogged! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 02-03-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Americans who need to be flogged!

Denny's is offering free breakfast today until 2 PM. This is part of a promotion campaign to help out Americans during the tough economic times. Basically, anyone who came in received a "grand slam" breakfast that sells normally for $5.99. The customers were responsible for paying for any drinks.

We were out in the area and I took my wife, father, and daughter. I figured if the wait was reasonable, why not. Service was typical for this kind of free promotion.

The wait staff all had twelve hour shifts. Keep in mind, that the salary is $2.05 per hour plus tips. Whenever you receive a comped meal or coupon, it is customary to tip based on the full amount. After all, the wait staff is "serving" us the customers.

When I left my tip, I asked if anyone was not leaving a tip. The answer - "many people." In fact she stated about 50% of the people were leaving nothing or a quarter or two.

Very sad. A person eats a $6.00 free meal and is unwilling to pay the waitress a dollar or two. Most of these women are single moms in bad economic shape themselves. For God's sake, at least they are working instead of sitting on their butts and drawing unemployment.

These customers who do not tip NEED a flogging.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

That is absolutely disqusting to hear. I absolutely hate people that do not tip. If it is bad service, at least leave a couple dollars.
Old 02-04-2009

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

My mother raised 5 kids waiting tables!

If you don't know how to tip, you need to keep your @#$ at home!

!@#$%^& deadbeats!
Old 02-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

If someone can't afford to tip, they definitley should not be eating out!
Old 02-04-2009

Longevity: 98%

Denny's is kinda an odd place as it's a little like McDonalds where you wouldn't expect to tip. For me, it's easier if the tip places instead of requiring tips, would just raise the price to include the normal amount of the tip in the price. Tipping is often awkward.
Old 02-04-2009

Longevity: 92%

I ALWAYS tip, at least 20%. If the service is bad I would still leave a 15% tip. This includes cafeteria style too. I don't see how anyone can let another human serve, see to their needs, clean up their dishes and then not tip????? My thinking is that a lot of people don't realize servers are not paid minimum wage.
Old 02-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Jonas,

You are so wrong here. Denny's has a wait staff, McDonald's does not. Any place that brings your food to the table, YOU TIP. Seriously, take a minute and learn something. The waitresses at Denny's only make $2.05 an hour. Please tip anyone who ever comes to your table and takes an order, refills your drinks, etc. They deserve to be paid.

Also, how is tipping EVER awkward. People love to be paid for their services and appreciated. My three year old daughter is learning to tip. Every time the pizza guy delivers, she goes to the door with a couple of dollars.

Last edited by TMiles; 02-04-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-04-2009

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg005 View Post
I ALWAYS tip, at least 20%. If the service is bad I would still leave a 15% tip. This includes cafeteria style too. I don't see how anyone can let another human serve, see to their needs, clean up their dishes and then not tip????? My thinking is that a lot of people don't realize servers are not paid minimum wage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMiles2564 View Post
Jonas,

You are so wrong here. Denny's has a wait staff, McDonald's does not. Any place that brings your food to the table, YOU TIP. Seriously, take a minute and learn something. The waitresses at Denny's only make $2.05 an hour. Please tip anyone who ever comes to your table and takes an order, refills your drinks, etc. They deserve to be paid.

Also, how is tipping EVER awkward. People love to be paid for their services and appreciated. My three year old daughter is learning to tip. Every time the pizza guy delivers, she goes to the door with a couple of dollars.
It's good to know there are still some decent people out there.

You guys hit the nail on the head, servers are paid $2-$3(at best)/hour, and their primary money is made in tips. How would you cheapskates feel making $80-$160/week before taxes. As I said before; if you don't tip, stay at home.
Old 02-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks Sevn. Cool name by the way. One thing I also have learned is the importance of tipping around the holidays. Due to all the deliveries to and from my house, both the UPS driver and my postal carrier always get nice gifts. It really pays off. We get exceptional service.
Old 02-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

I went to Dennys for the Free-B in my area and there was people waiting inside and the line out the door. I couldn't find a place to park either, it was all full. There was a parking lot next door at the hotel but had a tow-away sign that stated for customers only so I didn't risk it. Plus it was snowing and freezing and I didn't feel like waiting outside in the cold.

Well as for tip, I always leave tip base on service and not by the norm. The most will be 20% and the least will be $1.00. If the wait staff does a good job then they deserve the full 20%. You don't always get good service and you can sorta give it a grade to percentage value.
For Grading service example:
-A- will get 20% tip
-B- will get 15% tip
-C- will get 10% tip
-D- will get 5% tip
-F- will get $1.00

BooMer
Old 02-05-2009

You are right, tips should be based on service. I too have cut some people short, due to poor service. Although; sometimes the bad service is kitchen related, and not server related.
Old 02-05-2009
Banned

Longevity: 88%

oK.

Here is the deal.

Tough times for all, some people don't even have a home. All of this will end in a revolution, if you're in militia like me you'd know.

My take on this, you have money leave a tip, you broke, better save so you could survive. But yea, in general there are a lot of people who don't leave tips, even in good times, so I know where you are coming from.

Perhaps this is the reason why this country spends billions to kill innocent people? If Americans Knew - what every American needs to know about Israel/Palestine

I supported Israel until I read this book: http://www.biblestudysite.com/markis.htm ... now I am with a militia, armed, and ready to defend our constitution. But we are getting off topic here. You are absolutely right, people should leave tips (unless they can't).
Old 02-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by discjokey View Post

You are absolutely right, people should leave tips (unless they can't).
You say "unless they can't"

If they can't, they should not be going out to eat!
Old 02-07-2009
Threadstarter  

"All of this will end in a revolution, if you're in militia like me you'd know." I am really surprised no one caught this.

HELL YES, Lets all buy gun, arm ourselves, and shoot first and ask questions later. WE ARE DEFENDING THE CONSTITUTION. ANARCHY RULES. OVERTHROW the Government by killing people. DAMN cops, they are all crooked.

Are you a white supremacist also? Usually militias, hillbillies, and racists all go hand in hand.

What in the hell does militias have to do with tipping?