US Election 2016 - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
That is what they said about Ronald Reagan back in the day. This Actor can never be president.

Oh, this actor was a president but its very clear that he knew nothing about the job and was so bad, that America is still suffering today because of some very, very poor decisions made by him, and his government.

Nixon ****ed America hard, without lube or nothing- Just went in raw dog, without a bag. Everybody knows how 'ol waxface goofed up because most of his dirty clothes got hung outside to dry and public had a really good idea what was going on.

Reagan however was the snake in the grass- He went in like a professional. Like a true Cosby. He ****ed America with lube and all, nobody suspected a thing.
The way he ****ed America with his policies and media campaigns still haunt America today.

Only way I can see this Trump thing making sense is he wins and has his first interview and admits that it was all a big troll and he wanted to expose US election system/format for what it really is- A corporate fundraising even, with few hired clowns.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (03-29-2016), phaz0rz (03-29-2016), yankee (03-29-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,967 Times in 8,257 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post

Reagan however was the snake in the grass- He went in like a professional. Like a true Cosby. He ****ed America with lube and all, nobody suspected a thing.
The way he ****ed America with his policies and media campaigns still haunt America today.
So you're advocating Cosby for president...interesting
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Haidukken (04-01-2016)
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
Oh, this actor was a president but its very clear that he knew nothing about the job and was so bad, that America is still suffering today because of some very, very poor decisions made by him, and his government.
Must not be a Marget Thatcher fan. I still think Gordon Brown was the biggest idiot of all time selling 60% of the UKs Gold at the bottom when he was Chancellor of the Exchequer. How that fool ever became Prime Minister I have no idea. The good old Brown Bottom. Legend in Bullion shops around the world.
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Old 03-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Do you really want your profits paying for some trailer park trash going to a 4 year university?
YES. YES. YES.

Oh dear yes do I. It may not work immediately, but I hope for the sake of my children and their children this happens. Better education and better healthcare for the people should be the top two priorities of our government. The culture of ignorance needs to be stopped, or else the US is going to fall off hard.

Some day that trailer park trash may not be trash if he or she receives an education. Not educating that person just leads to the cycle of trailer trashiness.
The Following User Says Thank You to EWHendo For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWHendo View Post
YES. YES. YES.

Oh dear yes do I. It may not work immediately, but I hope for the sake of my children and their children this happens. Better education and better healthcare for the people should be the top two priorities of our government. The culture of ignorance needs to be stopped, or else the US is going to fall off hard.

Some day that trailer park trash may not be trash if he or she receives an education. Not educating that person just leads to the cycle of trailer trashiness.
I have traveled all but the Pacific coast of the USA. I have lived in several states across the USA. IMO, all in all, ignorance is by choice of parents and the child itself. This country has tried pouring money into schools with little measurable results. Free college will do nothing measurable as well most likely. You have to get the individual to WANT to be better. Giving the leaching segment of our society more benefits has proven to be a total handicap to date. Adding more to it is not likely to have a better result.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I have traveled all but the Pacific coast of the USA. I have lived in several states across the USA. IMO, all in all, ignorance is by choice of parents and the child itself. This country has tried pouring money into schools with little measurable results. Free college will do nothing measurable as well most likely. You have to get the individual to WANT to be better. Giving the leaching segment of our society more benefits has proven to be a total handicap to date. Adding more to it is not likely to have a better result.
Free College will just waste taxpayers money. Living in California I see all these idiots getting Liberal arts degree wasting going into debt 100k that give no skills for the real world. Would much rather see the money spent of filling in the countless pot holes and dilapidated roads.

College and Public education is just indoctrinating kids to be worthless to society. Having a MBA myself if I could go back all over again I wouldn't have even went to college. It was a complete waste of time and honestly everything for Undergrad is free on the internet anyways.

These people arguing for someone else to pay for all their stuff need to put down the Bong, check into rehab and get their worthless lives together.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (03-29-2016), GhostOfAmazon (04-01-2016), yankee (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
YES. YES. YES.

You're bulls***ting about the same ideals as Bernie, but how is it financed? If you just hand the bill over to corporate America the price of ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING will go through the roof. Businesses will still have the same bottom line to maintain, but since they would be required to put the masses through college they would be forced to increase revenue somehow..

FYI, I myself was trailer park trash coming up. Lower middle class all the way until I moved out. I graduated from a failing school and went to a crappy public college. But I've managed to find the motivation to do well for myself and my family. How? By not becoming reliant on hand-outs and instead choosing to emulate those around me who I see as "successful."

Vogeltron and yankee are 100% correct. Free college would be just another handout and would sap any motivation school kids have for doing well in grade school.

Where I live 2/3 of people LIVE off of food stamps and/or disability. Families breed children like animals just so the government will give them more food stamps. I worked at a retail food store a few years ago and we had customers come in who would spend $400 in food stamps on high-end seafood, AND STILL HAVE $1200 LEFT ON THEIR CARD. Food stamps are a F**cking failure. Once the government gives a family $1600/month just for having children, nobody in that family will ever work another day in their life.

Handouts destroy motivation, that's the bottom line.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (04-01-2016), vogeltron (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Bernie isn't the peace-nick he's leading everyone to believe he is. He lobbied fiercely to bring F-35's to his state of vermont, and he's apparently always been a big supporter of the military. Even though there's never any mention of the military or foreign policy in his campaign speeches, haha.

Bernie Sanders Loves This $1 Trillion War Machine - The Daily Beast
Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

College should be merit-based - based on grades in high school...not just free for all. Ontario is doing something similarly and it's not good for those who are ambitious
Old 03-29-2016
Banned

Longevity: 65%

schooling blows. so glad I got into the real world early on
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
yankee (03-29-2016)
Old 03-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
schooling blows. so glad I got into the real world early on

Yeah but basic skills (e.g. grammar) will get you farther in the real world even when you're self-employed, lol.

I have a degree that I've never used to get a job, but I don't regret staying in school. The more you're exposed to the more well-rounded you become..
Old 03-30-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
College should be merit-based - based on grades in high school...not just free for all. Ontario is doing something similarly and it's not good for those who are ambitious
That is a terrible idea. It is like the current funding for public schools, where schools that get better standardized test score receive more funding. The squeaky wheel should get the grease. It is absolutely backwards reduce funding for those who need it most and increase funding for those who need it least. This seems like clear evidence that the current government is complicit in the division of the population into super-rich and super-poor.

I truly don't understand how anyone with knowledge of history and government thinks this is a good idea. Ask Louis XIV and the Romanovs how it worked out for them.

I would urge anyone who is against access to education for all people to read up on Thomas Jefferson's views on education. He was truly a brilliant philosopher, and I believe would be horrified by the perversion of the government as it stands.

"I know no safe depositary of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." --Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
If people want to waste their own money on college that is fine. None of this government is going to pay for it or give out a bunch of grants and b.s. that just inflate the cost of college.

Once upon a time people went to college to become professionals, doctors, lawyers, etc. Now a college degree gets most people a job as a bartender with 100k in student debt. College is a horrible waste of time and taxpayer money.

99% of what is learned in an undergraduate program can be learned on the internet for free.

I don't even know why employers look at resumes. Every time I have interviewed someone I am simply just trying to figure out how competent they are. Reciting what you memorized out a textbook does not equate to competency.

Last edited by vogeltron; 03-30-2016 at 03:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
exxomscp (03-31-2016)
Old 03-30-2016
Threadstarter  

Also, I am of the opinion that you guys are advocating for a mindset that I find very troublesome about American society. Schooling should not be only about working and making money. I also find it short sighted to think that college should focus on practical job skills. I graduated from one of the top Architecture schools in the nation (Sorry if that seems boastful, however it is the truth. We were ranked #1 the year I graduated. I will freely admit that I was no model student, probably didn't contribute to any increase in the rankings myself, and could have taken a lot more away from the experience than I did). I learned next to nothing about the practical skills that I use on a day to day basis working in an architecture firm. The focus was on design, and challenged me constantly to make decisions, produce results, and be able to justify them under critique. What I did learn (and have realized mostly in retrospect) was how to think critically, how to analyze logically and problem solve creatively and effectively. I was prepared for life as an adult not by memorizing tasks that will make me money, but by gaining a perspective and knowledge base to tackle the things that will I have to, and more importantly, that I want to.

Somehow the idea that if you work hard you will be able to provide for you family has gone far astray, yet people still stick to that credo and believe it holds true. This country is founded on its citizens having the right to the pursuit of happiness. I would contest that the current situation in which people have to work several jobs just to keep their head above water is a failure of the government to provide a basic (and promised) human right to its citizens.

Being educated, and continuing your education throughout your entire life makes you a better person. Being a good person, being happy, and leading a virtuous life are not directly correlated to your economic ability. If maximizing your income is what you WANT to do with your time, and what you enjoy, then more power to you. However, you shouldn't have to dedicate the majority of your time to doing so simply in order to subsist.

You are more than your earning potential. Your bank account balance is not a measure of your worth as a person. You should enjoy learning and growing for the sake of learning and growing. You should demand that government make good on its promise to guarantee your rights.

-EDIT-

I thought that it would be relevant to note that I attended a Public State University

Last edited by EWHendo; 03-30-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-30-2016
Threadstarter  

One last question for the afternoon.

If you guys are against governmentally funded college, are you also against governmentally funded grade school? Please explain your stance.
Old 03-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Somehow the idea that if you work hard you will be able to provide for you family has gone far astray, yet people still stick to that credo and believe it holds true. This country is founded on its citizens having the right to the pursuit of happiness. I would contest that the current situation in which people have to work several jobs just to keep their head above water is a failure of the government to provide a basic (and promised) human right to its citizens.
Your many big words have my head hurting badly! :(

People in America today, for the most part, make a half-assed effort at providing for their families and rely on the government for the rest. People would much rather work 20 hours per week so they're eligible for $1500 in EBT + section 8 housing, instead of working multiple part-time jobs or even a single full-time job to get by on their own.

I don't have time to address your entire novel right now, but I'll be back later Mr. Architect.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 03-30-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

IF you have to work two and three jobs to exist, your education failed you. Exactly our point.
Old 03-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Also, I am of the opinion that you guys are advocating for a mindset that I find very troublesome about American society. Schooling should not be only about working and making money. I also find it short sighted to think that college should focus on practical job skills. I graduated from one of the top Architecture schools in the nation (Sorry if that seems boastful, however it is the truth. We were ranked #1 the year I graduated. I will freely admit that I was no model student, probably didn't contribute to any increase in the rankings myself, and could have taken a lot more away from the experience than I did). I learned next to nothing about the practical skills that I use on a day to day basis working in an architecture firm. The focus was on design, and challenged me constantly to make decisions, produce results, and be able to justify them under critique. What I did learn (and have realized mostly in retrospect) was how to think critically, how to analyze logically and problem solve creatively and effectively. I was prepared for life as an adult not by memorizing tasks that will make me money, but by gaining a perspective and knowledge base to tackle the things that will I have to, and more importantly, that I want to.

Being educated, and continuing your education throughout your entire life makes you a better person. Being a good person, being happy, and leading a virtuous life are not directly correlated to your economic ability. If maximizing your income is what you WANT to do with your time, and what you enjoy, then more power to you. However, you shouldn't have to dedicate the majority of your time to doing so simply in order to subsist.

You are more than your earning potential. Your bank account balance is not a measure of your worth as a person. You should enjoy learning and growing for the sake of learning and growing. You should demand that government make good on its promise to guarantee your rights.

-EDIT-

I thought that it would be relevant to note that I attended a Public State University
More than half of what you just stated is a personal philosophy of personal growth through PRIVATE education. That is NOT what the majority of people want. Our welfare recipients wont even make children get on the bus to go to school daily, never mind strive to be a smart and intelligent person.

PEOPLES CHOSE to become to grow. Free school does not do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (03-30-2016)
Old 03-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

If you guys are against governmentally funded college, are you also against governmentally funded grade school? Please explain your stance.

The topic is the Election Campaign 2016.

Going off topic is detracting from what may well be a pivotal event in World History with the result of the elections.

Consider sticking to that.

Old 03-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Enjoy!

Old 03-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Yes, one hundred percent against against a government run school system. Its all indoctrination, and the kids are getting dumber and dumber all the time as they water it down.

I guarantee you if you took someone who graduated High School 50-60 years they would score higher on any basic aptitude test than most kids who graduate your generic State College today. Even given the lack of 50-60 years of scientific/technological advancement.

If the Government is going to be involved in should only be through a system a Voucher system where parents are able to use school choice to find the best solution for their children.

Lets face people who want to learn take the time to read actual books out of class and advance themselves. School and college it has simply become looking up answers on the internet. Most people only learn how to drink Beer and take Bong Rips. Its a complete waste.

Especially for K-12 why would anyone allow their kids to be sent to be taught by a bunch of strangers the Government picks for them. In most cases they get zero say over the teachers. Its a complete sham.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
exxomscp (03-31-2016), phaz0rz (04-01-2016), yankee (03-31-2016)