eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/)
-   -   Google Sheets (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/everything-else/96926-google-sheets.html)

aspkin 06-03-2016 05:34 AM

Google Sheets

As far as tracking stealth account details goes.. I've switched things over from notepads on individual user accounts to Google Sheets.

https://apps.google.com/learning-cen...ts31-share.png

The thing that puts Google Sheets over the top for me is the ability to share a sheet with others (your other stealth accounts).

Now I have ONE sheet that is shared with my stealth accounts that contains ALL account details. Information is kept up to date and synced.

No messing with USB drives, separate notes on individual user accounts, pen and paper or anything else.

Google Sheets is where it's at if you want to keep organized.

The cool thing is you can combine Google sheets with other services to make your life even easier... I use Zapier to automate populating my Google sheets with data.

https://zapier.com/zapbook/google-sheets/

:comp5:

Is this the best way to do things? What do you think?

vetus 06-03-2016 05:37 AM

Re: Google Sheets

It really is the same as being able to use an excel document that is kept on the C: drive or on an external even if you are using multiple user accounts and having to switch.

This personally wouldn't affect me as I use Portable Firefox on 1 main user account so I don't need to be able to share it between multiple user accounts.

It just is set to auto save every 15 mins and backup to an external and network drive.

This would work well if you do use multiple user accounts though. Nice find.

(Never heard of Google sheets before now either!)

Play 06-03-2016 05:50 AM

Personally, I have each individual user accounts details saved by the browser.

The only time I have to flick through spreadsheets (and I use Excel) is when I need to call in, which is rare, very rare.

Especially when your in the UK and you have ebay chat, makes it even more rare to have to call in, as chat never ask to confirm details (so long as your logged in prior to requesting the chat session).

In terms of backup, when changes are made, I save it to an encrypted container on my Dropbox. Safe and sound. :)

vetus 06-03-2016 05:53 AM

I still would love to know why so many forum members find it easier to use windows / MAC user accounts rather than a portable browser?...Never got my head round it at all...

:ranger:

Play 06-03-2016 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetus (Post 776950)
I still would love to know why so many forum members find it easier to use windows / MAC user accounts rather than a portable browser?...Never got my head round it at all...

I think its mentality - knowing its separate, logging in separately etc.

I go to the extremes of using virtual machines (yes for my ebay accounts) - only because I want to play it ultra safe.

Pro - Logging into account simultaneously when VPN is active on accounts.

GreenBean 06-03-2016 06:02 AM

Quote:

For some, they started with that method.

That was the original premise when the forum was started.

Majority have become proficient at keeping stealth accounts active with windos/MAC user accounts, they have not considered change.

Or, in less than a 100 words, if it is not broke, why fix it?

:thumb:

vetus 06-03-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Or, in less than a 100 words, if it is not broke, why fix it?
This is true, granted.

Just thought if members had an option to save more time on top of having to pack, ship, answer messages, switching users etc. :thumb:

All food for thought

GreenBean 06-03-2016 06:15 AM

We tend to work in comfort zones, I have found.

Now take the entire concept of stealth....

A new user joins because of an ebay suspension. Many are shocked at that happening.

They have a need/want to get "back" on ebay. If they have little to no knowledge of the magic that is the internet, they get a golden opportunity with the method we are discussing.

They become empowered to make accounts.

Change is not considered because they feel safe...

vetus 06-03-2016 06:45 AM

Agreed - I was aiming my comments mainly at experienced users on the forums.

New users should always start with the basics.

Even the above Google Sheets does look simple and would work for the new users using multiple user accounts, it's a nice alternative.

GreenBean 06-03-2016 06:48 AM

There are experienced users still using old methods, I imagine.

:coffee:

phaz0rz 06-03-2016 07:14 AM

I save each account's details in a text document within each account's VM.

AK - What would be the point of sharing account details with your other stealth accounts?

TOOKNAPA 06-03-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

i use vm instead of portable browser because i can stay connected on my 3 accounts at the same time , is it possible to do that with portable borwsers ?? if yes i'd like to know , it will make my computer happy and less slow
Google sheet is great, i use it a lot , i share it with all my accounts

GreenBean 06-03-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 777017)
I definitely agree with OP, I use Google sheets all the time, make sure you back up all you Google sheets documents as well.

Agree....

Also have back ups in different places too.

Avoid keeping all together.

:juggle:

Play 06-03-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 777019)
Agree....

Also have back ups in different places too.

Avoid keeping all together.

:juggle:

Can you imagine the nightmare of losing all those details at once :shhh:... best to keep it backed up on an external drive as well as the cloud.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA (Post 777014)
i use vm instead of portable browser because i can stay connected on my 3 accounts at the same time , is it possible to do that with portable borwsers ?? if yes i'd like to know , it will make my computer happy and less slow
Google sheet is great, i use it a lot , i share it with all my accounts

You cant run multiple portable browsers at the same time, each running on a different IP. Not that I know of. You would have to use virtual machines to do that.

Perhaps there might be a way of messing around with networking settings...but I just think its too risky. Best to stick to VM. :thumb:

GreenBean 06-03-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 777029)
Can you imagine the nightmare of losing all those details at once :shhh:... best to keep it backed up on an external drive as well as the cloud

. :thumb:

We do exactly that. Copies of copies in case of disaster.

:coffee:

TOOKNAPA 06-03-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 777029)
You cant run multiple portable browsers at the same time, each running on a different IP. Not that I know of. You would have to use virtual machines to do that.

Perhaps there might be a way of messing around with networking settings...but I just think its too risky. Best to stick to VM. :thumb:

Ok, maybe because I use dongle, and thetering, not vpn

Play 06-03-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA (Post 777034)

Ok, maybe because I use dongle, and thetering, not vpn

With a VM, you can allocate the host device a network.

One could use VPN A
Another VPN B
Another Tether A
Another Tether B
Another Normal internet
etc.

So its not just dongles your limited to. You can use VPNs etc.

Bear in mind though, you need a good spec PC/Mac to handle so multiple accounts running at the same time.

TOOKNAPA 06-03-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 777035)
With a VM, you can allocate the host device a network.

One could use VPN A
Another VPN B
Another Tether A
Another Tether B
Another Normal internet
etc.

So its not just dongles your limited to. You can use VPNs etc.

Bear in mind though, you need a good spec PC/Mac to handle so multiple accounts running at the same time.

yes, i know, you can do the same with dongles. I will think of the VPN solution when I will need more accounts than usb plug on my computer. Last time I asked for a fresh thai IP, it was very expensive compared to 3g dongle

jojo2012 08-05-2016 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 776944)
As far as tracking stealth account details goes.. I've switched things over from notepads on individual user accounts to Google Sheets.

https://apps.google.com/learning-cen...ts31-share.png

The thing that puts Google Sheets over the top for me is the ability to share a sheet with others (your other stealth accounts).

Now I have ONE sheet that is shared with my stealth accounts that contains ALL account details. Information is kept up to date and synced.

No messing with USB drives, separate notes on individual user accounts, pen and paper or anything else.

Google Sheets is where it's at if you want to keep organized.

The cool thing is you can combine Google sheets with other services to make your life even easier... I use Zapier to automate populating my Google sheets with data.

https://zapier.com/zapbook/google-sheets/

Is this the best way to do things? What do you think?

Personally, I keep a spread sheet where i update paypal funds & keep track of selling in C/users/Public/Documents.
I have it set to automatically open when I log in to an account. I update it, save it then move on. (This works great for an IP log too) I have an external drive that backs up file history, plus mypcbackup. Many backup services wont back up more than 1 user account, thats why i started using Public, every account has access to it, file history backs it up, & cloud backs it up.
I used to use google drive on every account but it slows things down & uses a lot of data.
Ive been giving security more attention, A good hacker could wipe me out if they ever got a hold of my spread sheet so I don't keep a lot of account info in emails, (i used to). I have had a couple stealth Gmail account get hacked in the past, so That spreadsheet needs to be very secure,

yaBeh8ater 08-06-2016 06:08 PM

Pretty sure wordpad lets me share with all my other user accounts. Just have to place the file in the shared network folder.

Play 08-07-2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater (Post 790952)
Pretty sure wordpad lets me share with all my other user accounts. Just have to place the file in the shared network folder.

You could even put that the contents of that shared network folder onto dropbox to ensure those details are always synced and forever safe.

Prodigious 08-25-2016 06:37 PM

I am using,microsoft OneNote.
It synced automatic and all information is safe and available every where i go.