eBanza.com: All info here - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 04-20-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

Craigslist started in 1995. There's been millions of classified ad sites since then. It took until a few years ago till craigslist got popular.

Ebid started in 1998. I think their lag behind ioffer (started in 2002) is their aggressive version of VERO.

Ubid started in 1997, though Ubid is one of the companies (AutoTrader.com, Channeladvisor, uBid, Overture, ReturnBuy) that paid licensing fees to MercExchange, a patent troll that patented stuff in 1999 that ebay had done since 1995. All of MercExchange's patents read as pure gibberish and because they read as gibberish they were able to sue eBay and win, pretending buyitnow was in their patents when it wasn't. Oh and several hundred websites use buyitnow. So I can't respect the sites that willingly fed that patent troll fraudster.

There's over a thousand small auction sites out there, too.

What determines success is when sellers actually decide to go en mass to another site. Hundreds of millions go online and complain about eBay but only a few thousand bother to list on the alternatives.

OZtion by the way, founded only in 2005 long after many of the other alternatives. Why did it get big? Because eBay forced paypal on australia and everyone said "go to OZtion instead" and so lots of people went and the site boomed.

Basically, you can make the worst auction site in the world and if lots of sellers will actually list on it, then suddenly the site will take off in spite of itself. For an example of why it's true is, I shop online and half the time a lot of rare stuff is only on eBay and I hate buying there because they stalk me and the sellers only take PayPal so PayPal stalks me, and I don't like sites that spy on its users so much, but well I have to sometimes to buy merchandise.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2009

Longevity: 92%

Hi, I signed up on ebanza but I Cant figure out how to sell a product....I click on sell it and I dont see any options on how to list an item up
Old 04-26-2009

Longevity: 89%
Talking eBanza will change the game completly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Craigslist started in 1995. There's been millions of classified ad sites since then. It took until a few years ago till craigslist got popular.

Ebid started in 1998. I think their lag behind ioffer (started in 2002) is their aggressive version of VERO.

Ubid started in 1997, though Ubid is one of the companies (AutoTrader.com, Channeladvisor, uBid, Overture, ReturnBuy) that paid licensing fees to MercExchange, a patent troll that patented stuff in 1999 that ebay had done since 1995. All of MercExchange's patents read as pure gibberish and because they read as gibberish they were able to sue eBay and win, pretending buyitnow was in their patents when it wasn't. Oh and several hundred websites use buyitnow. So I can't respect the sites that willingly fed that patent troll fraudster.

There's over a thousand small auction sites out there, too.

What determines success is when sellers actually decide to go en mass to another site. Hundreds of millions go online and complain about eBay but only a few thousand bother to list on the alternatives.

OZtion by the way, founded only in 2005 long after many of the other alternatives. Why did it get big? Because eBay forced paypal on australia and everyone said "go to OZtion instead" and so lots of people went and the site boomed.

Basically, you can make the worst auction site in the world and if lots of sellers will actually list on it, then suddenly the site will take off in spite of itself. For an example of why it's true is, I shop online and half the time a lot of rare stuff is only on eBay and I hate buying there because they stalk me and the sellers only take PayPal so PayPal stalks me, and I don't like sites that spy on its users so much, but well I have to sometimes to buy merchandise.
eBanza is still in developement but when its done it is going to be the most progressive SITE on the internet!!!

Much more than just another auction site but a utompia and a resource for all online user - buyer and sellers alike!!!

Its only been alittle bit over a month since we started it and already it has been ranked 65K in alexa USA page ranking and currently has an average of over 1000 visitor per day!

now I know in comparison to feebay that might not seem like alot - but like you said their are thousands of people out thier searching for the alternative and I am going to build it for everyone to use for FREE!!!

you guys forget I am not some big company like ebid.net trying to milk x-feebays for the profits - the eBanza community is geared toward growth and inovation NOT PROFIT - I am a eseller and a buyer too and I fully understand what both partys need!!!!

well back too coding you guys are gonna see some cool changes too ebanza this week - untill then

ebanza.com
NO LISTING FEES!!! NO EVIL!!! POWER TO THE SELLERS!!!!!
Old 04-26-2009

Thumbs up eBanza.com You are now approved to sell all you want!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsboss1 View Post
Hi, I signed up on ebanza but I Cant figure out how to sell a product....I click on sell it and I dont see any options on how to list an item up
We fixed the problem we had the site on maitnance mode while we were editing the site too make it a little bit better!!!

Everything is back to normal - so get to listing - please alow up to 24 hours for your items to appear in Google Base - Thanks

ebanza.com
NO LISTING FEES!!! NO EVIL!!! POWER TO THE SELLERS!!!!!
Old 04-29-2009

welcome new sellers . . . . . iphonecds_2008 and digital empire

get your items in googlebase for FREE today
Old 05-16-2009

Longevity: 87%

Hmm, this actually could be a feasible alternative...

Does ebanza allow posting of mmorpg virtual items or are EULAs treated as law there also?
Old 08-15-2009

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

eseller I applaud you and your attempts to create a movement. Sometimes it only takes one person. However, you are way in over your head. I do believe your idea could succeed, but it would take 10 to 15 years to do so. eBay didn't just pop up over night. Neither did Google, Myspace, and all those other successful companies you named. Matter of fact, if you told us that you were planning on being the next Google, I'd empty my account to get on board, because those geeks got lucky, and it won't be long before someone with a bigger idea comes along, and makes them irrelevant.

eBay was a lot like the California Gold Rush of 1850... My friend, the gold is gone. eBay is a joke. If I was aware of eBay in my teens I would be a millionaire, no question. That opportunity is now gone. Everyone's eyes and ears are open. Someone has something to gain by watching your every move now. Ebay, Paypal, the GOV, VeRO, competition... It doesn't take billions to run eBay, so even if the company falls from grace, they will never die. They will never close their doors. Things will never go back to how they were, and why would they? Would you risk being sued for millions just to help me get rid of some shady LV sunglasses? LMAO!

The only way to restore order at eBay is to get the government involved. I don't have to tell you what eBay is involved in. We sellers wouldn't be in the position that we are in if eBay wasn't allowed to conduct business as they do. The problem is not with eBay, it's with the way it's being ran. That's the root of the problem. Paypal assists eBay in their shady tactics. The easiest way to stop a empire is to stop their funding. They demand to know everything about you just short of the color of the hair in your crack just for you to get your own money, but what do we know about them?

Who is in charge of handling everything that proves I'm me when I fax that info to some n00b? When the GOVERNMENT holds your money, YOU gain interest on it, not them! A few years back I made some mistakes on a tax return, and my refund got held. It took me about 5 months to sort out everything, but I finally got my check, plus $560 in interest paid. The GOV held my funds to investigate inconsistencies that could be potential fraud. Tell me. How does the GOVERNMENT understand that they can't hold my money without paying interest, yet Paypal does the same thing for the same reasons, and they pocket the interest....???? Does anyone know how many accounts (total) paypal have on hold???? You can go to a GOV site, and found out how many unclaimed refunds they have on file, or any unclaimed assets for that matter! We basically know more about the GOVERNMENT than we do about paypal when it comes to our OWN money!!!!

But lets assume your site lit up like a California wildfire... How would you manage all that traffic? Buyer complaints, scamers, lawsuits... You would need a very hefty loan of course... Where would that money come from in this economy? My friend you need BILLIONS to get anywhere near eBay, and that's why Google has the best shot, assuming they will ever launch a auction site! With all that said you do have some qualities that all entrepreneurs should have. I have the same qualities, but I'm focusing my energy on creating a brand. Last year I remember trying to get any lead I could on Rock Republic clothing, this year it's True Religion. I figure, why not make the same effort to create my own brand, and force people to come look for me? In any event, I wish you luck, and I would like nothing more than for you to come back here years later, and tell all the doubters... I TOLD YOU SO!
Old 08-15-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Google and Facebook and others which started out with a small group: Look WHO was in the small group... Then look at WHO got in behind the scenes and how early.

There were brains, there was money, there was business management consulting, there was personal-networking and strings being pulled, doors were opened that would remain closed to 'joe-you-and-me'.

A grand idea is just a start. Motivation, dedication, and cheating are necessary ingredients.
Old 08-15-2009

Longevity: 86%

So how is it going on ebanza then for the people selling? If you are selling?
Old 08-16-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Google and Facebook and others which started out with a small group: Look WHO was in the small group... Then look at WHO got in behind the scenes and how early.

There were brains, there was money, there was business management consulting, there was personal-networking and strings being pulled, doors were opened that would remain closed to 'joe-you-and-me'.

A grand idea is just a start. Motivation, dedication, and cheating are necessary ingredients.
bold for emphasis.
Old 08-20-2009

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 85%

I actually just thought of an idea which could knock Ebay off it's perch. It's a shame I don't have the coding skills.
Old 08-26-2009

Longevity: 98%

mine, I had lots of ideas to knock eBay off its perch and I spent over a year on coding. Nobody else will even sell one item on my website.

So it doesn't matter how good your website/service is.
Old 08-28-2009

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 85%

uh huh, and the problem you have is the some one everyone has when opening a new auction site. You are doing it in the same format as all other sites and therefore you're not offering anything new or unique to the experience.
Old 05-19-2010
Vicvelcro

Well, there hasn't been a peep in here for 9 months.

I just popped over to ebanza.com and it's still up and running. Not a ton of activity, but hey...

When eseller said he was determined and motivated, he wasn't lying.
Old 05-20-2010

Longevity: 81%

So how ACTIVE is the site?

My issue so far after reading this thread...

In every post eseller IS SCREAMING AT US.

And, I'm sorry, I'm a stickler for professionalism. And the hideous speeling errors and phonetic writing just scares me.
Old 05-21-2010
Vicvelcro

I think he logs in from a VT-100 terminal. I doubt the caps were intentional. As far as phonetic writing goes - he's a coder not a Shakespeare.

Don't get the wrong impression of the guy. He's cool.

ebanza.com does not have a lot of listings or a lot of traffic. Pop on over and have a look. It's less than a tank of gas away....

Quote:
And the hideous speeling errors and phonetic writing just scares me.
<grin>spelling & grammar<grin>
Old 05-21-2010

Longevity: 81%

I'm a coder as well. Writing code and writing proper english are not mutually exclusive. I'm not trying to rip on the guy, its just that when I see writing like that, it comes off (to me at least) like an uneducated kid - and thats not someone to place any trust in online. Thats all.

You don't wear a jogging suit to a job interview. You don't go on a first date having not bathed in a week. You don't promote your business screaming in caps with inexcusable spelling errors. Its just not professional. Just my opinion.
Old 05-21-2010

Longevity: 82%

I went and had a look but trying to look at the "Freedom
Although we do offer some paid services for sellers, basic buying and selling on eBanza is absolutely FREE!"

FF came up with a warning about the security certificate,

"www.ebanza.com uses an invalid security certificate."

I, for one, am a little nervous around sites that aren't secure.

Or am I being a little over cautious?
Old 05-21-2010
Vicvelcro

It doesn't mean his site is insecure. It means his certificate expired. Like a drivers license. I drove around for 3 years on an expired chauffer license. Simply forgot to renew it. Never an accident, never a ticket in my whole life. Expired != unsafe.

In re: #39: Yeah, always wear jeans to a job interview, not jogging pants. And personally, I bathe every 3 days, whether I need it or not.

However, caps and spelling don't bother me so much. It's only the shapes of the light and dark spots on a beam of light. A super genius could comprehend string theory but might have been a poor speller. Or dislexic.

I judge a business person mostly on actions and motivation. eseller is motivated and has a dream which has become a goal. I can't knock that.
Old 05-21-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvelcro View Post
It doesn't mean his site is insecure. It means his certificate expired. Like a drivers license. I drove around for 3 years on an expired chauffer license. Simply forgot to renew it. Never an accident, never a ticket in my whole life. Expired != unsafe.
Fair enough, point taken.

I drove around for a few years with a suspended license, never had an accident or broke the law. But when I was pulled over because my brake lights stopped working, I blew a fuse, that was inspiration to get my license renewed.