Let's Talk SEO! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 07-22-2007
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

The software searches for keywords with less competition.

So what is backlinks?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-22-2007

Longevity: 98%

People all you have to do is hire a professional SEO
You have to submit to 10000 of web directories build lots of links and get good PR. Once you got a good PR then google will push your keywords on top so people can find you. For example it took me to get PR6 about 12 month and i had 3 seo people work on it for hole year everyday. Some times im in top 10 in Google under my keyword and some times not. But the traffic is unbelievable. Forget about doing these by your self if you want to be sucessible.
Old 07-22-2007
Banned

Do you know of any good professional SEO?
Old 07-22-2007

Default Search Engine Optimization for dummies $19 popular book for beginers

download for free
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

there is huge line for this book in laiberry
The Following User Says Thank You to leonid5000 For This Useful Post:
bigpoppa911 (03-13-2009)
Old 07-22-2007

yes i do pm me for details
Old 08-29-2007

Default Let's Talk SEO!

Okay. So I've been working on my website. Right now some of my keywords put me on page 4. Not too bad since I've only been up for 4 weeks. So I have every page linked to every page. Started a newsletter (albeit a lame one, unfortunately I'm not a real enthusiast of the products I sell,but I'm learning. I just do it to add pages daily and to stuff it with links and keywords). Started a link exchange, but I hear they don't hold much weight anymore (question: can you googlebot nofollow your exchanged links? Not quite ethical but...) I am also looking into some permanent inbound links through some sites but it's hard to tell which ones are link farms. Do you really get punished for those? I have my hidden links, my invisible keyword gifs. . I have one other site that isn't really much of a sales sight, but for my husband's art work. I've stuffed some invisible links into there too.

Is is it better to have more products up and to have sold out on them even if you no longer have the product? Would this attract more people looking for things (and add pages), or would it turn people off?

I'd appreciate any answers to the above and any suggestions for things I might be missing. I don't want to use adwords if possible because of budgeting concerns. I'm desperate to get out of ebay! I'm spending WAY too much time trying to get back on. I need to get back to living my life!
Old 08-29-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

You're heading in the right direction for the most part. Though stuffing keywords isn't a good idea. Google tends to ban entire websites doing this. Link farms aren't that great either. But it is good to create as many pages you can for your site, even though products are out of stock. The more pages you have on your website the more door ways you create for visitors. Read this blog post I did a few days ago about generating traffic.

http://www.aspkin.com/how-to-generat...ffic-seo-tips/

I'll post something else on specific things you can do in a few days. If you have any questions, keep this post alive and I'll help out as much as possible. Also post your website so I can take a look at it.

Regards,
Old 08-30-2007

Go to goodkeywords.com and download their software, it's free. Use it to look up your keywords on the overture engine, and try to find some more specific ones from the list it gives you, that you can use for your own site. Then go to google, search for those targeted keywords, and look at the number one site. Not it's page rank, if it's less than five, you have a somewhat easier job. Look at the source code for the site, look for those targeted keywords in the header, title, bold, italics, and underline tags. They may not use all of them. Make sure that you do, and it'll help you higher up the list.
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
. Also post your website so I can take a look at it.

Regards,
I think I posted it before, but it's www.designerbutterfly.com

I've have links with all my keywords, looks messy right now but I'm working on removing all the underlines!

It's not exactly professional right now (pages kind of vary in writing format), but I'm working on it!

When you say using too many of your keywords is bad, does that mean just random usage? If it comes with content, isn't that okay?

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2007
Banned

Nice website...

Are those bags really authentic??? and which shopping cart do you use. I see you have authorize.net
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Nice website...

Are those bags really authentic??? and which shopping cart do you use. I see you have authorize.net
Yes! They really are authentic, thank you mr skeptical!. They come from Italy with customs forms and everything. On a side note, my supplies broker has even told her clients to stay away from ebay because of the "WITCH HUNT"!!

My website comes with a shopping cart. You can process through paypal, authorize.net or manual merchant acount. REALLY easy to use service, $19/mo, automatically lists your stuff to froogle/google product base. LOVE IT! downside is no php or asp, but I don't really need it. I call it the Ph D website hosting company... Push Here Dummy!
Old 08-30-2007
Banned

Can I have the shopping cart name. I want to use it for my website..

The only reason i ask if they were authentic because they don't wholesale out
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Can I have the shopping cart name. I want to use it for my website..

The only reason i ask if they were authentic because they don't wholesale out

shopping cart is verisign, but I didn't sign up through them, it just came with the website hosting company.

Some companies don't wholesale, like LV and Coach (although coach has outlets). I get them through a channel where brick and mortar boutiques in Europe buy them in MASSIVE bulks from the original manufacturers and then sells them to other vendors.
Old 08-30-2007
Banned

cool, i want the shopping cart. I like the look of it
Old 09-06-2007

Send a message via MSN to KIMM3368

Hi Aaa1,

Great Website, And Chris Is Right Shopping Cart Looks Awesom. Do You Mind Me Asking Who Your Website Hosting Company Is. I Am Just Starting Out, Is It Hard To Use? I Was A Powerseller On Ebay And Got Booted Like Everyone Else Arrghh, Anyway I Do Not Want To Be Dependent On Ebay Ever Again! Any Info Would Be Appreciated, Thanks!
Kim
Old 09-06-2007

I use macwebsitebuilder.com (I should be an affiliate!) It's advertised as for macs, but it's not really. It's for pc's too. REALLY easy to use. we call it the Ph D website... push here dummy!
Old 09-17-2007

Longevity: 96%

Nice.. I am working on my website right now but all of them are replicas. I specifically states that they are designers inspired items. Not sure how it's going to turn out. Any idea guys?
Old 09-19-2007

Longevity: 99%

aaa1-- how much of your layout is pre-designed by you and how much is part of the template from the host? For example, the links at the bottom of the page and in the side margin. I'm in the process of building a new website myself and not too savvy to link design layouts. Although I'll eventually be designing my own, a nice "fill in the blank" type of design would be nice for starters.
Old 12-19-2007

Longevity: 96%
Default Let's Talk SEO!

Im thinking no adwords. Im thinking getting a ton of related PageRank lvl 5+ linking my website. and having all those links use the same anchor word which im trying be number one on google for.
Old 12-19-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

I wouldn't use the same keyword for each incoming link. This could look spammy. I would instead use different variations of keywords you want to rank for.

Also work on your website content. The more pages of content you have the more doorways you'll have to your site. The more door ways you have the more pages will be in the search engines to rank. Make sure your content is targeted to what you're selling to convert that traffic. Welcome to internet marketing.
Old 12-19-2007
Banned

SEO isnt really good for ecommorce too much. people would rather click on the adsense because it gives them a sense of trust that the site is legit since they are paying for advertisment.
Old 12-19-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

SEO is king. Why waste money with adwords when you can get FREE targeted visits from the search engines. If you website looks professional, you will convert those visits into sales.

Using adwords works well too, just working on your SEO and ranking is a better long term option.