Let's Talk SEO! - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 01-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

tahst funny, i got the samething
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I get that email every week it seems. I like the Google news so I don't trash it, but IBP software is just about worthless. It's better to just build your sites and not worry about things like that. The more unique content and inbound links you have, the more traffic you'll get. Simple as that.
Old 01-19-2008

^ yep listen to aspkin. he def. knows his stuff.
Old 01-19-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Easy just use good keywords. My 2 sites are listed on the first page of google. Even tho I have to admit sometimes it drops to the second page
Old 03-15-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

I wish adwords helped organic listing. It's probably something else that's boosting your ranking in Google. Maybe a good domain name, some backlinks you're getting or maybe because you're paying attention to it more then your other site. The more original content you have, the more traffic you'll receive. Also good backlinks and internal link structure all help to increase traffic.

If your sites have the same content. Then that could be your problem. Google doesn't like duplicate content.
Old 03-16-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

That could do it. I go out of my way to find content that isn't in the search engines already, I don't like to use duplicate content so much as Google ranks those pages lower then the original content. It's probably best to just continue working on your good site and forget about the SEO site for now. Don't kill it but it's not really worth working on it if its not getting traffic.
Old 03-16-2008

Longevity: 94%

I'm happy to now say, that my main website is now an authority site in google :D Oh how long I've been waiting for that...
Old 03-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Excellent site there,mantis. Great work.
Old 03-18-2008

whoa mantis nice nice. how do you find that out lol?
Old 03-19-2008

Longevity: 94%

Well you know when you do a website search in google, and the first website that comes up has a small list of links underneath it? Well, one of those
Old 05-08-2008

Longevity: 92%

does anyone know what are the best websites to advertise on?
for ex. amazon.com
how much do you think it would be to advertise on that website?
Old 10-14-2008

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2eXclusiive View Post
does anyone know what are the best websites to advertise on?
for ex. amazon.com
how much do you think it would be to advertise on that website?
hey , why don't you search on google to advertise your site for free. There is many ways buddy. Do you know how to seo your site?
Old 10-15-2008

I tend to agree about pay per click. SEO works but is 10 times slower than paid ads. If you want instant results, paid ads are the way to go. Its been working wonders for me. I get 4 times back ROI. The more I spend on google adwords, the more I make. It must makes me sick that I have to pay google $1000+ a month. But they do deliver. Modee, yahoo ads, are they worth it being that yahoo is less used?
Old 10-15-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Yahoo is still worth it, they give you about half the traffic Google gives. Still worth it.
Old 10-15-2008

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I really cannot think of any sites that make serious money without pay per click though. Not one.

Even EBAY appears on the right side at the top of Google every time you enter a keyword - ANY keyword. You don't think they also appear on the left under SEO every time? They do but they still pay for pay per click.

Aspkin, help us out with some magic formulas for SEO, because it's not working w/o pay per click for me. Not that I mind PPC, it's very cost effective for me, but would love to S. E. O.!
Sorry if someone posted an answer to this already, but if you want more organic hits on your website, try making some articles involving what your selling. Content is what drives google traffic. Say if your selling legit sunglasses, make an article how to spot a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Or if your selling phones or parts make a youtube video and article explaining how to take a phone cover off. An inventory in itself will not help really with any traffic. If you have any other websites throw in a link or two linking in each other.
Old 10-15-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyjr86 View Post
Sorry if someone posted an answer to this already, but if you want more organic hits on your website, try making some articles involving what your selling. Content is what drives google traffic. Say if your selling legit sunglasses, make an article how to spot a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Or if your selling phones or parts make a youtube video and article explaining how to take a phone cover off. An inventory in itself will not help really with any traffic. If you have any other websites throw in a link or two linking in each other.

Correct.

But emphasis on back linking. Content is good, unique content that is, but you also need a lot of high ranking back links to get your organic ranking high enough for good traffic.

Most of my sites are based on SEO. This forum is very well SEO, and it brings traffic based on YOU guys. You guys write the content on this site.

But PPC is a powerful tool as well, and no one is doubting that.
Old 11-20-2008

Longevity: 89%

Ok Modie ----

Your kinda talking me into the adwords campaign . I have only generated traffice via the SEO meathod. I currently get about 50 hits a day , and am selling one book a day.

You mentioned that you have become an expert on keywords, could you throw us a bone on that subject?
Old 12-08-2008
MU

Dont forget about Yahoo search marketing
Old 02-08-2009

Longevity: 89%

Hi I've got a site that's been up about 4 months now.Originally it wasn't designed by me and was done through zencart. Things happened and i lost all the files for my website. I decided to take on the project to design the website myself. My server wouldn't allow me to upload zencart or joomla and i was messing around with the thing for like a whole day, As you said modee time is money!

I have Microsoft publisher on my laptop and decided to use it and place buy it now buttons near the products that I'm selling. The majority of my customers buy one item at a time so its practical. Anyway its up and running now and fully indexed in the search engines again.

I have added all my meta tag keywords, description and title on each page and also try to make the keywords relate to the contents of the page as this is what i read somewhere. in a earlier post in this thread someone mentioned having invisible links or keywords in your page. I thought this would penalize your site as the robots are now more intelligent and can pick this up.

Im in the process of seeing where my page ranks in the search engines for the keywords that i have used. For 4 of my products i am coming up on the 2nd page of google which i am over the moon with. But im coming up on page 2 with the actual name and model of the product. So for example you've got a Dyson vacuum cleaner- if you type in vacuum cleaner or Dyson vacuum cleaner or some other search Fraze's my site is like on page 15 or something which is no good. But if you type in the actual product and model number i will be in page 2.

Ive been trying to figure this out and i think its because i am using the model number in the title, keyword, description and content. So I'm thinking its very important to mention main keywords in all places. Maybe i come up on page 2 for this keyword because its not used that much. I mean if someone is looking for a Dyson vacuum the majority of the time their not gonna put in the model number. So i need to tweak up my meta tags and some contents.

I'm just not sure how to find keywords and what keywords to go for. I sell appliances like LCD tvs, dvd recorder, digital camcorder and home appliances in general. Is there some sort of tool i can use to generate popular keywords or is this not a good idea?

Also what kind of density are we looking for on a keyword in the content?

Ive signed up for goole adwords but not sure what to set my budget at per click. I set it up a couple of days ago for 10p a click and it hasn't given me any referrals. Is it because the bids for the appliances I'm selling need to be a lot higher? I was listed on a few shopping comparison sites and the cost per click on them was like 27p a time but it didn't really generate me a lot of traffic/sales. Is it because my budget is too low for the clicks.

My prices are very cheap so that isn't the issue. I need targeted traffic. I have about 15-20 ads targeting uk consumers and this is what brings the majority of my customers but i need to renew these everyday and would love to see some good traffic from search engines.

I have been concentrating on backilinks and have found a great site that allows you to get related backlinks its free and you can request links from other webmasters in your same niche. I have also been listing in many directories but know that the results of backlinks can take sometime.

If anyone would like a list of free directories without linking back to them then let me know, unless Aspkin doesn't mind me posting them on here. The directories range from page rank 6 all the way to about PR2 over 80 or so available.

I wanted to know if i should wait and distribute the backlinking process over a period of time instead of doing them all at once. I understand that seo is a ongoing process and requires constant updating and work. Also would it be ok to have the same description and title on all directories or should we change them? Is it ok to have the directory backlinks directing to your home page or should we use alternative pages on our websites?

The reason i ask is because i am trying to experiment with my home page and would like to use it as the main landing page for the time being and let customers navigate to my product list and around the site. So I'm trying to build all backlinks to the home page only thinking that this would get a better page ranking and will be quicker to get towards the top of the search results. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right so if I'm going about this in the wrong way then please advise.

What is the best way to work on page ranking?

Also can you recommend a website or web-page analyzer which will help us?

I know microsoft publisher generates long scripts but now ive designed the site its functioning ok and my customers don't require to log in. I know there are many advantages for customers becoming members but this is something that i cant implement at the moment. The one big problem that i find is that you dont have direct access to the html source. Also for some reason when checking my websites source with others Ive noticed that my title tag comes under the meta tags which is different from everyone else's. however the search engines are picking up the title. If anyone has any knowledge with microsoft publisher then any advise would be great.

Email marketing is deff great and will look into this. Is there such a site that gives out email address by location for people that have said its ok?

I hope you can make sense out of this, apologies if you cant

cheers
Old 10-15-2010

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron

Hi guys,

I have been a forum member for a while now,
I recently published this article on the subject of SEO.
I welcome any feedback or comments from any of you..

SEO And Web Traffic Tips For Dummies, The Ultimate Top 10 List
Old 10-24-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Xrumer is always a SEO KILLER!!! I use this...of course still learning it because there is SO MUCH to it; however, the people who use this to improve their page rank will attest for it! This thing can pop out around 200K QUALITY backlinks in a day!
Old 12-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
Xrumer is always a SEO KILLER!!! I use this...of course still learning it because there is SO MUCH to it; however, the people who use this to improve their page rank will attest for it! This thing can pop out around 200K QUALITY backlinks in a day!
I heard scrapebox is also pretty decent nothing compared to xrumer but for the price i heard its pretty good. I was thinking about buying it but i also read it can get your site blacklisted.