How do I know the traffic is real, not from traffic bots? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 11-27-2018

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 68%
Default How do I know the traffic is real, not from traffic bots?

I am thinking of buying some traffic.
The people offer this service say their traffic is from the real human, not from traffic bots.
However, how do I tell if what they say is true?
I have google analytics.
Do I need any special tool to monitor it?
Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default Re: How do I know the traffic is real, not from traffic bots?

I wrote a batch script file that runs in cmd prompt and used to run it on a home theater PC that would open listings randomly at random time intervals to add views. It divides the day by the number of your listings and you can input how many views per listing you'd like - up to 8 possible views per day per listing. There's some sort of countdown time on Ebay between counted views which is 3hrs.

It'll auto shutdown and auto restart at input times +/- a few mins from your specified start/end time. From an outside observer it looks like you're checking out your listings from time to time, leaving the browser open for a random amount of time, and then closing and waiting a random amount of time before opening the next listing. All adds up to 24hrs though, or however long you specified it to be open (like 8am to 11pm).

Idk if 8 per day is enough. It adds up but over time. You're welcome to it. All you have to do is copy/paste your listing urls, input your values and it's off and running.
Old 11-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
I wrote a batch script file that runs in cmd prompt and used to run it on a home theater PC that would open listings randomly at random time intervals to add views. It divides the day by the number of your listings and you can input how many views per listing you'd like - up to 8 possible views per day per listing. There's some sort of countdown time on Ebay between counted views which is 3hrs.

It'll auto shutdown and auto restart at input times +/- a few mins from your specified start/end time. From an outside observer it looks like you're checking out your listings from time to time, leaving the browser open for a random amount of time, and then closing and waiting a random amount of time before opening the next listing. All adds up to 24hrs though, or however long you specified it to be open (like 8am to 11pm).

Idk if 8 per day is enough. It adds up but over time. You're welcome to it. All you have to do is copy/paste your listing urls, input your values and it's off and running.
I'm interested....
Old 11-27-2018
Threadstarter  

That is impressive.
Only IT people like you know how to do that.
If I am paying for a service to increase traffic to my websites (not ebay amazon listings), how do I know the traffic is not from bots?
Thank you.

Quote:

Old 11-27-2018

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...tml#post960690
Old 11-27-2018

AFAIK there isn't a way to know if the traffic is an actual person or a bot... Ebay might know but there aren't any tools seller-side that will give indications. It's definitely possible their service is automated.. only thing that would be worrisome is if they spammed the hell out of your listings over a short period of time... That'd be worst case scenario... I'd imagine they use lots of IP addresses irregardless..
Old 11-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
AFAIK there isn't a way to know if the traffic is an actual person or a bot... Ebay might know but there aren't any tools seller-side that will give indications. It's definitely possible their service is automated.. only thing that would be worrisome is if they spammed the hell out of your listings over a short period of time... That'd be worst case scenario... I'd imagine they use lots of IP addresses irregardless..
Quite logically stated
Old 11-28-2018
Threadstarter  

Some people say if a website has live chat, we can use the live chat to monitor real and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ traffic. Bots won't touch live chat and only real human will click to hide it or open it.
Old 11-28-2018

Yee, it's like those authenticator puzzles they have you solve, but they can still only guess if it's a bot if the puzzle/live chat was never solved/used. What is definitely an indicator of a bot is repetition, as in repeated failed attempts and numbers higher than a normal person would bother doing.

Traffic is pretty passive, though, so I really doubt there is a way to detect if the traffic is from a paid service. Maybe ask them how they increase your views and over what time period. The more spread out the better, relatively speaking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunspot144 For This Useful Post:
pothos (11-28-2018)
Old 12-02-2018
Banned

Longevity: 31%

Bot traffic is not stay for long and they don't track by Google.
Old 03-20-2019

Buying traffic from these sites is completely useless. If you're looking for conversions.
The only slight positive is that others might see your site as popular if you're looking to sell it.
Lots of them offer free trials so you can see for yourself.