the 2nd Best auction site - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 11-27-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%

I have tried eBid. I don't know..I must be doing something wrong..because I haven't made ONE sell. On eBay, I would average 10-25 per day..depending on my stock and variety. Given, on eBid, I have only posted about 1/3 of my stock..but the popular stuff. It's been a few weeks and not even one has sold. I wouldn't mind using them either...just nothing is selling. And I look on eBay and see other people selling the same thing and I am ENVIOUS lol. Just thinking..wow..that could be my income and college tuition.

I can't wait for the day eBay goes under and something better comes along. Hopeful thinking.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-01-2010

Longevity: 84%
Default the other choice auction site

bidorbuy , seems good, but how about the payment, not USD, pp not workable.
Old 01-03-2010

Longevity: 82%

I've tried EBid, UBid, iOffer, Oztion, Sell and Bonanzle. All have been ded end even though I've linked my 100% 96 eBay feedback to few of them. I think it's because I'm finnish...
Old 01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulStorm View Post
If you are willing to post to south africa, try out bidorbuy - Bid, Buy or Sell cameras, computers, diamonds, coins, cars & more on auction at cheap prices

I sell on there from UK and have had great success. VERO products are no problem whatsoever and unless there is a complaint from a buyer directly to the bidorbuy help center stating that a VERO product is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, no listings will be removed.

I have a friend who is even selling chinese bootleg copies of MS Office on there, and he has sold over 150 with no problem.

Very good traffic and great sales, especially with the crazy wednesday and snap friday auctions.

Ebooks and electronically delivered items are also allowed
I have been wanting to sell on other auction sites in other countries. How are you guys handling verification with giftcard, Bank accts, address verification and most of all: IP address without use of VPN i would like to know?

J
Old 01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazbids View Post
If anyone has products they want me to advertise on Oztion let me know
Ozation looks great I have wanted to try it out. How do I handle the ip address from the us with VPN?

If you just listed the items, took a piece and then paid me then i can ship. haha
Old 01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK Grain View Post
bidorbuy , seems good, but how about the payment, not USD, pp not workable.
You can use any method of accepting payment for bidorbuy. You just convert the final bid price from ZAR to USD or GBP and invoice the buyer with paypal or Google checkout or moneybookers or whichever payment method you use

I really do suggest it as the sales are great
Old 01-21-2010

their are alot of sites out there, lesser known sites. they dont generate a ton of traffic, however if you used a large amount of various sites, and posted various items on there, you could generate some decent traffic.

AuctionFire
AuctionQuests
Bid-Alot
Bid4Assets
BiddersNSellers
BidVille
BluJay
BuyItSellIt
ioffer
overstock
ecrater
ejunkie

to name a few, some were already mentioned. not a ton of traffic. but combined could do some damage. no one in the US really comes close to ebay though, still waiting for someone to knock them out of the water. it will happen......eventually....i hope
Old 01-21-2010

e bid, bid or buy, ubid. their are alot of various sites. again not ton of traffic. but easy to sell for most part and get your stuff up.
Old 01-26-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

The only other site i have gotten sales on is ecrater.
Old 01-27-2010

Longevity: 89%

About auctions the best is eBay.

But if your intention is selling. (buy it now) you can use marketplaces such as amazon and etsy.

etsy is unbelievable. sales are increasing rapidly in that site. there are users with thousands of feedbacks. this means you can make a good profit on etsy. thousands of people worldwide make a living by selling on etsy

rubylane.com is another great marketplace
Old 02-03-2010

Longevity: 94%

i think you people have forgotten about taoboa.com they already beaten ebay is china.
and the next step is to take on ebay in usa... cant wait to see that to happen!
Old 02-06-2010

How do you get verified on bidorbuy without a SA ID number?

Quote:
You can use any method of accepting payment for bidorbuy. You just convert the final bid price from ZAR to USD or GBP and invoice the buyer with paypal or Google checkout or moneybookers or whichever payment method you use

I really do suggest it as the sales are great
Old 02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNutter View Post
How do you get verified on bidorbuy without a SA ID number?

Passport number When registering as a seller, you get the option to use a south african ID number, or an international passport number
The Following User Says Thank You to SoulStorm For This Useful Post:
AussieNutter (02-09-2010)
Old 02-09-2010

Quote:
Passport number When registering as a seller, you get the option to use a south african ID number, or an international passport number
Yeah thanks,I contacted them they told me I cant become a verified seller if I dont live in SA,But they check out all the info I give them,Passport number etc.So I have created a seller account and I'm going to start selling on there.

Just going to use Paypal as my only payment option,Looks like an ok site,So I hope things go good for me .

Thanks for sharing the info with us.
Old 02-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNutter View Post
Yeah thanks,I contacted them they told me I cant become a verified seller if I dont live in SA,But they check out all the info I give them,Passport number etc.So I have created a seller account and I'm going to start selling on there.

Just going to use Paypal as my only payment option,Looks like an ok site,So I hope things go good for me .

Thanks for sharing the info with us.

No problem Hope you have the same success I hvae had with them. To be honest, I rate them as the only real competitor to ebay, even though they are very localized. I have tried ebid, CQout, and many other sites and make hardly any sales, but with bidorbuy the sales actually come just as fast as with ebay.

I highly recommend it for any sellers who want an ebay alternative. If anyone else is interested in signing up, if you wouldnt mind sending me a PM before you do, so I can send you a link to register through their affiliate program (I can get discount on my sale fees if you register through my link so it would be a help for me).

Thanks a million and I hope you guys will have the same success as I have had with them
Old 02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilburnet View Post
Guys there us a great competitor to Ebay and that is Ebid, Ebid sales are picking up big time. I sell vero items on a regular basis there and never get an item pulled. Try it out - if you do plan to sell vero your prices will have to be lower than what you would sell, there is great profit to be made on ebid !
Ebid is balls. It takes so long to sell anything there. I had put some stuff up there and totally forgot about it. It seriously took a full year to sell an item up there that I had at fixed price, but it had already sold on ebay over 300 days earlier.

There are only two sites that make money as far as I'm concerned.

Ebay and Amazon. That's it, nobody else makes you enough money to not have to work. Craigslist is like a mobil swapmeet, but it's probably the next best one.

Ebid sux so bad, I paid for their lifetime listing fee. I want my money back. And they sell for less than ebay prices? Ebay already attracts bottom feeders as it is, I sell DVDs on AM that go for $30, on ebay the auctions only bring in between $9 to $20. Much lower grade of quality customer in comparison to Amazon, and you have to sell for LESS? Forget it.
Old 02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Oooops, hmm... what about ioffer.
I offer is horrible from a sellers view, the items sold there go for just barley over the cost we get the same items for from OUR sources for re-selling, not worth it at all.
Old 02-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I looked up Etsy on Alexa and they are ranked 9th in the USA for traffic. But it's all hand made stuff. I have to dig deeper...
Old 02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by falken View Post

There are only two sites that make money as far as I'm concerned.

Ebay and Amazon. That's it, nobody else makes you enough money to not have to work. Craigslist is like a mobil swapmeet, but it's probably the next best one.
Not entirely true. Bidorbuy.co.za is making me enough money by itself that if the time comes that we all are forced to abandon ebay, I will still easily live very comfortably just from the bidorbuy income. I have been selling their for just over a year, and currently by weekly sales outperform ebay by a long shot. I am currently making an equivalent (when converted from Rands to Pounds) of average £1500 per week on bidorbuy alone. Ebay would send me packing very fast with the volumes I do on bidorbuy.
Old 02-20-2010

Longevity: 92%

i find it tryly unbelievable tnat ebay seems to hace sech a monopoly, ot i should say rhe only site like itself. what is that all about?/ why only one that seens to be popular. and they are such jackasses!!!

Last edited by yogarelax; 02-20-2010 at 02:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yogarelax For This Useful Post:
dazzawoo (04-15-2011)
Old 07-25-2010

Bidorbuy.co.za do you have to be an EU resident? can seller in the us sign up and use moneybookers etc...?
Old 07-25-2010

I see they use bobpay , are you familiar with this ? also I can have suppliers drop ship to SA.