the 2nd Best auction site - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 07-25-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtools View Post
Bidorbuy.co.za do you have to be an EU resident? can seller in the us sign up and use moneybookers etc...?
Why would you need to be an EU resident? Bidorbuy is in South Africa, not Europe.

I'm really interested in listing on foreign auction sites as well. Bidorbuy looks hopeful. But apparently for non-SA residents you need a passport to show them.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2010

Longevity: 83%

not EU, SA you get what I mean. How about a constructive answer. As long as I give a passport number I do not have to be a SA resident??
Old 07-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
i think you people have forgotten about taoboa.com they already beaten ebay is china.
and the next step is to take on ebay in usa... cant wait to see that to happen!

Taoboa.com--U.S. Complete with a Payment Processing Gateway

This is what is TRULY Needed, a Foriegn Based company that is Big enough to take on Ebay and Generate traffic and also NOT Required to Adhere to the Up Comming U.S IRS Income Reporting law
Old 07-28-2010

Quote:
not EU, SA you get what I mean. How about a constructive answer. As long as I give a passport number I do not have to be a SA resident??
I already answered your question. Why not try signing up and see for yourself what they ask for instead of asking on a forum and waiting hours or days for a reply? Takes five to ten minutes. Time is money.
Old 07-31-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Ebid SUCKS! And Ioffer is full of phakes. Ioffer wouldn't be too bad if they got rid of China sellers. Ebay or get a job.
Old 08-05-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
I see they use bobpay , are you familiar with this ? also I can have suppliers drop ship to SA.
BOBpay requires a South African bank account at this stage, however they are looking to expand the capability of the BOBpay system to work internationally.

I would recommend using PayPal, Google Checkout, MoneyBookers and international bank transfers as payment methods on bidorbuy when selling from outside South Africa.

Google Checkout actually worked best for me when I was living in the UK (I have now moved back to SA, my home country), just manually invoice the buyers (convert the ZAR price to either USD or GBP via Currency Calculator and invoice the approriate amount). There is now a paypal system built into the bidorbuy checkout process as well, where the buyer can pay to your paypal account without manually invoicing the customer

I have actually completely abandoned ebay, as it is just not worth the hassles anymore. I make more than enough money on bidorbuy. Ebay can go to hell as far as I am concerned
Old 08-05-2010

Quote:
Yes, that is correct. You do not need to be an SA resident. If you are a seller from outside SA a passport is sufficient to register on bidorbuy
Old 08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
Ebid SUCKS! And Ioffer is full of phakes. Ioffer wouldn't be too bad if they got rid of China sellers. Ebay or get a job.
Ioffer is GREAT for selling digitally delivered software :D

I have a server with 2TB hard drive space stocked with software. I sell on ioffer, and then just give the link to download the software direct from my server.

OK, each account only lasts on average between a month or 2 before the COPS system shuts me down, but in a month I normally make around $2000 on the downloadable software, so then just make a new account and start again The bulk upload feature for products makes that VERY easy to do

A few tips on ioffer though:

1. If you are accepting payments via paypal, link an old suspended paypal account to your ioffer profile, just to show that you do accept payapl. Then invoice each customer manually, logging the payment as a "service" with no reference to ioffer. I have found paypal suspends an account very fast if they see you are selling on ioffer, as they know everything there is f*ke. I explain this to my customers by sending a message after they purchase, and never had any of them complain

2. When registering a new account, DO NOT use the same PASSWORD as any previous account, even if all other info (name, address etc) has been changed. I have found through testing over and over how ioffer track new accounts by the same person, it is via your PASSWORD. I have tested this theory extensively. I can create 50 accounts with all different info, full stealth methods etc and all will be blocked by the second time trying to log in if the same password is used. If you use a different password, the same name and address can be used even (clear cookies though) and the accounts last with no problem. Quite a sneaky way to track I think, as most people would not think that is what has tracked them
Old 08-05-2010

Longevity: 89%

The other problem is the problem transactions you get on other auction sites, like non-paying bidders, they're a lot more common and a lot less you can do about them elsewhere.
Old 08-06-2010

Great info SoulStorm. I am going to give BoB a spin.
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

is taobao.com only available in chinese? Or am I doing a wrong search...
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

you can google translate but I could never get pricing to show at taobao.
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Believe it or Not their is a HUGH Number of taobao.com English "Agents" Thriving here in the USA.

It is Increrdible that there is no English Version when you consider that taobao.com is owned by the Alibaba Group (Alibaba.com and AliExpress) of which Yahoo is a MAJORITY Shareholder (40%)

When Yahoo Auctions shut down, Yahoo Purchased this Stake in this Group, at that time I was CERTAIN that A taobao.com U.S. Version of the Chinese Auction site was on its way here to Compete with Ebay, But alas,,Not yet,,, Maybe someday

How PERFECT would that be, a Foriegn Based Auction Site that was Big Enough to Compete with Ebay, With its own Payment Processor, where you Do Not have to worry about the New tax law taking Effect Next year,,,,,Wow,, what a Dream,,,,
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

Make it happen Slapped - I have confidence you can pull the strings...I'd liek to contribute to get something started ha - anyhow let's see...agents eh?
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Make it happen Slapped - I have confidence you can pull the strings...I'd liek to contribute to get something started ha - anyhow let's see...agents eh?
Yea, there's TONS of taobao.com English Agents, Google it, and they Do Well.

Now "IF" I Could Pull Strings Like that, No One would have EVER Read one of My Posts here, Because I would Have NEVER Needed to find this Place
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

I got a tell you chinese replicas guitars are so well made they rival the big name makers. I just buy them for me though. I spend a couple a hundred so they work right. I wish I could marker them somehow cause the craftsmanship is wasted on f akes.
Old 08-06-2010

Hey Herc you have a PM mate.
Old 03-31-2011

Longevity: 75%

I have tried both Ebid and Bonaza. I personally have had no luck with either one.

I deal mainly with sports cards. I have a few things listed on Amazon, but it does not seem like they get the collectors who are looking to buy single cards.

Ebid could be a lot bigger if more people knew about them. Their fees are much lower than Ebay's.
Old 04-06-2011

Longevity: 77%

Ebay has a monopoly because Yahoo and Amazon were stupid. Both companies should have focused more on there auction sites. Yahoo thought everything they touched would be great just because it had the Yahoo name. Amazon use to throw there auction site on the back pages that is was almost impossible to find.

Also it could be said that Paypal allows Ebay to remain dominate. People prefer to use paypal so much that if another auction site comes around you wonder if it can survive if it didn't accept paypal. If it did accept paypal then there helping the Ebay profile. I think ebay might be more worried about a second true competitor to taking online payments.