Poshmark increase in suspensions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 10-26-2021

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 58%
Default Poshmark increase in suspensions

I have a been using Poshmark since 2018 and haven't seen this before. Maybe its partly due to my expansion of using more accounts but 2 of my "stealth" accounts have gotten flagged by someone/something and suspended without notice within the last week.

I just got a response from one of them, and they are requesting proof of purchase for one of my items. Fine, I'll send it to them. But normally you get a moderator warning and an email saying the listing was removed. I got none of that with this. Never had any complaints I'm aware of, all 5/5 star reviews.

The other account just got suspended yesterday, so they are in close timeframes. No idea what with this one, probably same scenario. These are different items I'm selling for each closet.

Also, my main account (created in 2016) has my photo ID verified. It has has a lot more feedbacks too. This account is selling the same items (with different pictures) as the closet that got suspended without notice yesterday. This leads me to believe they are possibly flagging accounts without photo ID verified.

Just a heads up... if you aren't getting notifications make sure to double check your listings are still live and for sale.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-28-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Poshmark increase in suspensions

What type of setup are you using for multiple accounts?
Old 10-28-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
I have a been using Poshmark since 2018 and haven't seen this before. Maybe its partly due to my expansion of using more accounts but 2 of my "stealth" accounts have gotten flagged by someone/something and suspended without notice within the last week.

I just got a response from one of them, and they are requesting proof of purchase for one of my items. Fine, I'll send it to them. But normally you get a moderator warning and an email saying the listing was removed. I got none of that with this. Never had any complaints I'm aware of, all 5/5 star reviews.

The other account just got suspended yesterday, so they are in close timeframes. No idea what with this one, probably same scenario. These are different items I'm selling for each closet.

Also, my main account (created in 2016) has my photo ID verified. It has has a lot more feedbacks too. This account is selling the same items (with different pictures) as the closet that got suspended without notice yesterday. This leads me to believe they are possibly flagging accounts without photo ID verified.

Just a heads up... if you aren't getting notifications make sure to double check your listings are still live and for sale.
I only have 1 account. So far so good.

you think all your accounts got linked?
Old 10-31-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I only have 1 account. So far so good.

you think all your accounts got linked?
No I already got one of the accounts reinstated. They initially always say it’s permanent but what I do is, I contact them... wait for them to say the reason it’s suspended, then contact support on Twitter and Facebook. When you do that you tap into a different support and I don’t what about it convinces direct support but it always works.

In this case I sent them a receipt for a random item they selected and I’m back up.
Old 10-31-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
What type of setup are you using for multiple accounts?
I use basic set up which I’ve always used for stealth. I have a iMac, and have different usernames. I always disable photos in gmail, have separate IP. This has always been smooth for me. I’ve never encountered linkage on eBay which is a much more smarter company than Poshmark.

In this scenario I have my main account on a Static IP, another one using a VPN, and another one using my phone hotspot. No connections between accounts. I really think they are flagging newer accounts without ID. Or maybe I just sell high risk items... but never had moderator removals? One account which just got reinstated had all 5/5 reviews, no returns, literally no issues.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 10-31-2021 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-01-2021
Super Moderator

The only thing I can think of as high risk on Poshmark are branded items like Gucci , Dolce , etc.

I sold some of my Hermes scarves on poshmark but maybe I'm not full time on it so I never saw any issues.
Old 11-03-2021
Threadstarter  

None of the items on both accounts had items listed that needed to verify before going public. So, not necessarily high risk, but they are popular enough to potentially cause problems.

I also wonder how the Paypal disputes get handled. Since we get funds after 3 days regardless of a chargeback etc, maybe if you get a string of chargebacks behind the scenes on newer accounts thats what is happening.
Old 11-03-2021
Super Moderator

Quote:
None of the items on both accounts had items listed that needed to verify before going public. So, not necessarily high risk, but they are popular enough to potentially cause problems.

I also wonder how the Paypal disputes get handled. Since we get funds after 3 days regardless of a chargeback etc, maybe if you get a string of chargebacks behind the scenes on newer accounts thats what is happening.
POshmark right? THey disburse direct to your bank and not PP.

It's difficult to get money back in poshmark after a sale. So it's good for sellers in general.
Old 11-04-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
POshmark right? THey disburse direct to your bank and not PP.

It's difficult to get money back in poshmark after a sale. So it's good for sellers in general.
Yeah I know. But what I mean is if a consumer uses Paypal to purchase the item they can still open a claim, right? And they can also file a chargeback for unauthorized use. I know Poshmark won't ever deduct funds if the 3 days have passed. But if that happens without you knowing (chargebacks/claims on Paypal) maybe they are increasing stricter policies on newer accounts for these things.

Just thinking out loud.
Old 11-09-2021
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah I know. But what I mean is if a consumer uses Paypal to purchase the item they can still open a claim, right? And they can also file a chargeback for unauthorized use. I know Poshmark won't ever deduct funds if the 3 days have passed. But if that happens without you knowing (chargebacks/claims on Paypal) maybe they are increasing stricter policies on newer accounts for these things.

Just thinking out loud.
Yes, they can.

If they file a CC chargeback, PP will boot his account.

Poshmark will not take your money even if they do a charge back after 3 days.
Old 11-10-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes, they can.

If they file a CC chargeback, PP will boot his account.

Poshmark will not take your money even if they do a charge back after 3 days.
Yeah for the record I got my other account back. Strangely enough I sent two messages via help center and the first response the guy said my account was suspended indefinitely. He said I could not appeal it, and any new emails would get ignored.

So I sent another message via help center, again went unanswered. I then sent a DM to Poshmark on Twitter. Magically my account is back up and running now. No response from customer support in my email. Clearly that tells me whoever oversees Twitter account has access to higher up people with more authority and override whatever was done on my account. I had full rights to get my account back, in the end the right decision was made.

In summary I got both accounts restored in the end even though "I was indefinitely suspended for both".
Old 12-17-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
I use basic set up which I’ve always used for stealth. I have a iMac, and have different usernames. I always disable photos in gmail, have separate IP. This has always been smooth for me. I’ve never encountered linkage on eBay which is a much more smarter company than Poshmark.

In this scenario I have my main account on a Static IP, another one using a VPN, and another one using my phone hotspot. No connections between accounts. I really think they are flagging newer accounts without ID. Or maybe I just sell high risk items... but never had moderator removals? One account which just got reinstated had all 5/5 reviews, no returns, literally no issues.

I need help settin up stealth accounts...I use windows or android phones...pm or tell me here...thanks