Lets talk about Wish, the next e-commerce - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 11-04-2021

Activity: 37%
Longevity: 57%
Default Lets talk about Wish, the next e-commerce

Full disclosure I am invested in Wish stock. I am biased in some of my views but I really believe its going to outperform eBay in the future and rival Amazon. Sales are moving towards mobile, and I could list off a ton of statistics proving this. Wish is focusing on the mobile experience and has a younger audience something eBay has had issues with this past decade.

Does anybody here sell on Wish? If so how are your sales?

I opened a merchant account and haven't scaled in my product yet but it is very similar to Amazon. The format used to list items. I make sales on Poshmark, and Mercari - two platforms I used to think were trash platforms. It's always good to keep an open mind. There are a lot of reputable companies opening shops on Wish this past year.

Getting in early as a seller is always a very good thing on a marketplace like this because you establish yourself before potential competition comes in. I know the common thinking is Wish is only a junk platform selling knock offs but they are cleaning things up after having gone public.

Curious some of your thoughts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-05-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Re: Lets talk about Wish, the next e-commerce

From my limited-experience buyer's perspective since 2016-2017, it's just a bunch of phake sh1t that takes entirely too long to receive. (clearly I havent been lucky enough to purchase from a US seller)

Last edited by ebaystealth1974; 11-05-2021 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I thought it was Chinese sellers exclusively. Maybe it used to be and isn't anymore.

Regardless it's a trash platform with a reputation for selling counterfeits. I doubt they will ever rival Amazon.
Old 11-05-2021

Longevity: 20%

Theres still sales to be made, though i have to point out their declining traffic. Used to be in the 100s of millions a month now steady declined all the way to 50 million a month. If you know how to bulk list and avoid their penalties you will make money
Old 11-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

What kind of penalties? If they are cool with orders of counterfeit items taking 45-60 days to reach the customer, I figured they were pretty laissez-faire.
Old 11-05-2021

Longevity: 20%

They fine you for prohibited products and activity. Such as IP violations, knifes, any sort of safety gear etc I recieved a fine for listing a seat belt extender I think like 10 bucks
Old 11-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
From my limited-experience buyer's perspective since 2016-2017, it's just a bunch of phake sh1t that takes entirely too long to receive. (clearly I havent been lucky enough to purchase from a US seller)
Yeah but its very different now. I know what you are talking about... I shared similar beliefs.
Old 11-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
What kind of penalties? If they are cool with orders of counterfeit items taking 45-60 days to reach the customer, I figured they were pretty laissez-faire.
They aren't though. Not anymore than eBay was or Amazon. I don't believe Amazon ever really cared about counterfeit products, its just the platform is so popular the brands themselves file reports which get them automatically taken down. This provides the illusion Amazon cares but its false proof.

In order to have your items deemed as "authentic brand" on the Wish app you have to provide proof of agreement with the supplier what you are selling is authentic. Ebay doesn't do that, nor does Amazon to my knowledge. Only time eBay cares is after you get a lot of return requests or negative feedback. Which is behind the scenes, the customer has no idea. If you open an account go to "Brand University" and you'll see the extensive upgrades they are doing about counterfeit goods. More than eBay IMO, but its a process that doesn't happen overnight.

I was going back and reading articles about Etsy after they went public and one of the leading bearish arguments was the mass amount of counterfeit goods. 4 years later it got added to SPY and look at the stock price.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 11-05-2021 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-05-2021

Longevity: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
They aren't though. Not anymore than eBay was or Amazon. I don't believe Amazon ever really cared about counterfeit products, its just the platform is so popular the brands themselves file reports which get them automatically taken down. This provides the illusion Amazon cares but its false proof.
Get real, Amazon bots trawl the site looking for brand name keywords and take down ASINs by the thousand, no reports from the brand owner required.

Quote:
In order to have your items deemed as "authentic brand" on the Wish app you have to provide proof of agreement with the supplier what you are selling is authentic.
Don't be ridiculous, as we speak there are loads of listing for counterfeit rolexes to name one of many.
Old 11-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Get real, Amazon bots trawl the site looking for brand name keywords and take down ASINs by the thousand, no reports from the brand owner required.

Don't be ridiculous, as we speak there are loads of listing for counterfeit rolexes to name one of many.
Haha, I could careless, I was hoping for some intellectual conversation but I expected these types of responses. What I said "authentic brand", there is no Rolex under "authentic brand" on the Wish app. So what is exactly your point by saying that?

Amazon has been around for over two decades, Wish has really only been an app with a marketplace of individual sellers for 6 years. It is the fastest growing e-commerce platform, and if you want to deny numbers and facts its no problem.
Old 11-05-2021

Longevity: 26%

Quote:
Haha, I could careless, I was hoping for some intellectual conversation but I expected these types of responses. What I said "authentic brand", there is no Rolex under "authentic brand" on the Wish app. So what is exactly your point by saying that?

Amazon has been around for over two decades, Wish has really only been an app with a marketplace of individual sellers for 6 years. It is the fastest growing e-commerce platform, and if you want to deny numbers and facts its no problem.
Whatever
Old 11-05-2021

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Yeah but its very different now. I know what you are talking about... I shared similar beliefs.
"shared"? Like past tense? lol

You wanna back my money? You reimburse me, if it's phake bullsh1t, and I'll buy the iphone 12 Pro Max that I received an email for yesterday, for $70.

I don't need an "opinion of the platform" to know how that will play out.
Old 11-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
"shared"? Like past tense? lol

You wanna back my money? You reimburse me, if it's phake bullsh1t, and I'll buy the iphone 12 Pro Max that I received an email for yesterday, for $70.

I don't need an "opinion of the platform" to know how that will play out.
I didn't read what you said clearly. I mean if you bought it very far under retail and I imagine you did what do you expect? We all are sellers here, so there is no reason not to keep an open mind.
Old 11-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Ebay just started cleaning up the website, and how long have they been around? Wish had $0.3 billion revenues in 2015, 2020 it was $2.5 billion. Ebay had 10.27 billion in 2020 and has been around for over two decades.