Anyone selling on TikTok shop? - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 03-04-2024

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Anyone selling on TikTok shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
YOu could have just gone with the big hands =P

ALl joking aside though, you'll be surprised how many people don't have a sense of urgency and a long term game plan.
Times do change and I felt it since I'm one of the oldest members here aside from Aspkin. But when times change, other opportunities arise and different methods come to light.

I wouldn't think there won't be anymore ways to make money out of them but I'll also maximise all I can now for as long as I can.

Good mindset.
Yes I agree. It's all about adapting and not having a fixed mindset. That's probably the number one ingredient someone needs to succeed long term, especially with stealth.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
SaiJin (03-05-2024)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2024
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
No, listing on your own website is free. Every sale on eBay is 15% on the low for fees, if you are using ads its over 20%. If you do the math and your stuff sells on eBay there is no reason why nowadays you can't build your own website. You've got to be creative and understanding of how to market, but thats business. Running ads on Facebook, IG, etc. it's all targeted marketing. So yes you have to pay to run ads but you're paying eBay 20%+ to sell on there and run ads, it costs far less on your website.
So you know how to get a website to page 1 and all the necessary things needed to survive long term?
Old 03-18-2024

I have had my account since July 2023, with 25+ sales and over $6,000 grossed yet I'm STILL on deferred payments.

No violations, ever.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 03-22-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Just tried to make account they verify real time verification for the passport of driving licence not the copy seems impossible to make Stleath
stealth can be done whatever they ask for or verify
Old 03-22-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have had my account since July 2023, with 25+ sales and over $6,000 grossed yet I'm STILL on deferred payments.

No violations, ever.

Absolutely ridiculous.
How long is the deferred payment for?
Old 03-22-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

No violations, ever.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Feels ridiculous but mind you, hasn't been a year yet
Old 03-22-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
How long is the deferred payment for?
I have no idea, and honestly I hate this trash marketplace. Sure I am getting money from it but their customer service is so obscenely bad it leaves me speechless.

They literally, and I mean literally condone fraud.

Twice now I have had a customer open a return request saying the package was not received when tracking CLEARLY shows delivered and they just automatically refund. Sure, I will get my money back after complaining and waste my time for weeks, but for what? From my perspective there is zero seller protection whatsoever.

I do not think it's possible to scale a business on here, not even close. Unless you do not care about these things like I do, or have low value items that can easily be written off. My average sales are $150+, and pisses me off they allow people to scam so easily. It's actually pathetic.

I was getting payouts in like 5 days until someone scammed me, and although I got my money back after a month it put me in deferred payments which makes no sense. So now that someone else did this again I guess I'm just stuck with this long payout. It's a joke marketplace. They have so much money and yet manage to operate like a startup.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 03-22-2024 at 11:20 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Both AMZN and Ebay are expensive for the sellers,and Etsy with Google Marketing is getting up there as well.
But if you find it cheaper and better to have your own website and drive traffic ,the do it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Both AMZN and Ebay are expensive for the sellers,and Etsy with Google Marketing is getting up there as well.
But if you find it cheaper and better to have your own website and drive traffic ,the do it.
always a good point for website if possible
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 91%
Longevity: 40%

The most important thing on Tiktok is to make videos of the products you want to sell. example 3 to 5 short videos per day of 25 seconds is good for business.
Doing those small tests of the product is great, if people watch your videos and you keep them interested you can start selling.
The only thing I see as a problem is that if you do dropshipping, it will be very difficult to have the products to make video reviews.
The Following User Says Thank You to yobar For This Useful Post:
Hardgrafter (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 94%

How long does it take for product to show? I listed my first item a few hours ago and it says active, but it's not showing in searches?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzilla View Post
How long does it take for product to show? I listed my first item a few hours ago and it says active, but it's not showing in searches?
should be within 24-48 hours usually.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have no idea, and honestly I hate this trash marketplace. Sure I am getting money from it but their customer service is so obscenely bad it leaves me speechless.

They literally, and I mean literally condone fraud.

Twice now I have had a customer open a return request saying the package was not received when tracking CLEARLY shows delivered and they just automatically refund. Sure, I will get my money back after complaining and waste my time for weeks, but for what? From my perspective there is zero seller protection whatsoever.

I do not think it's possible to scale a business on here, not even close. Unless you do not care about these things like I do, or have low value items that can easily be written off. My average sales are $150+, and pisses me off they allow people to scam so easily. It's actually pathetic.

I was getting payouts in like 5 days until someone scammed me, and although I got my money back after a month it put me in deferred payments which makes no sense. So now that someone else did this again I guess I'm just stuck with this long payout. It's a joke marketplace. They have so much money and yet manage to operate like a startup.

I'd say as long as your wins are way more than your loses, you still make a good profit.

You're not selling expensive stuff are you?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzilla View Post
24-48 hours is fairly standard
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Tip: Might not affect most people but I was selling this particular brand and all of a sudden every time I went to list a new item it failed. I kept getting "brand authorization", even though the brand is not in the prohibited list.

If you capitalize the brand name, or have something like "Nike", but select "nike" under their brands list that can actually make you fail inspection. I had my brand capitalized like "NIKE", but was selecting under the list "Nike"... changed it to "NIKE", and boom no issues at all.

I suspect this is also a way to game the system with prohibited brands. If you use key words that are already under the brand list, then it should pass. For lack of a better example, if you have a brand thats "Nike" and see "Nike Authentic", under the brands, having "Nike Authentic" in your title should allow for a pass through their system even if the brand "Nike" is prohibited.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

The problem with banned brands like Nike and others is that many times other sellers, competitors, report other people's accounts and make eBay investigate your account and block you.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I do not sell Nike, however there are plenty other less risky brands that are prohibited on TikTok.

In terms of people who report you, that is why I never keep a listing active for more than 2 months. That, and for a variation listing if I've sold lets say 4-5 items, I will end it and restart another listing. Therefore if people are reporting it, you need a lot of those to allow for the system to kick in and flag you

By not keeping it active long you're able to bypass many of those issues.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobar View Post
The problem with banned brands like Nike and others is that many times other sellers, competitors, report other people's accounts and make eBay investigate your account and block you.
and bots takedown?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Yes, I absolutely agree with eliminating bots, in general, apart from all that, you must take good care of our friends accounts, it is the most valuable thing.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobar View Post
Yes, I absolutely agree with eliminating bots, in general, apart from all that, you must take good care of our friends accounts, it is the most valuable thing.
or not use friends accounts at all?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (1 Week Ago), solefoodbk (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 94%

I'm really new to this. I've only got a few products for sale. Can you add in keywords like you can on Amazon?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Solefooddbk should be named our resident TikTok expert at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
rsot (3 Weeks Ago)