What would be the best way to sell online business? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Question What would be the best way to sell online business?

Hi there,

I'm open for suggestions... There's my story. I've been running authentic designer sunglasses store since 2006, kind of got tired of it. It's a nice store based on osCommerce platform with SEO contributions installed. Good thing about this business that you don't need to store ANY inventory, you just go and buy it on eBay from trusted sources once the order is there. My website is well positioned in Google (I'm SEO) and brings free traffic however I have other projects to run and don't have enough time for everything. I've been thinking about selling it.

That's where my dilemma begins... I'm not sure how I can sell online business... On eBay? I don't have a legit account anymore. I'm not sure how and where to sell. Any suggestions?

I also have a bunch of keyword based domain names to go with it. I purchased them but never had time to use...

Thanks in advance,

Kia
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

You can sell it on Flippa.com

Flippa: The #1 Marketplace for Buying and Selling Websites
Old 08-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks a lot! I didn't even hear about this place.
Old 08-17-2010

Longevity: 89%

Hi - I would say flippa is a great place to sell but you will not get the best of prices as the majority of flippa buyers are looking for sites that make money from adsense - amazon affiliates - clickbank - ebay affiliates - etc -

Please dont get me wrong its a great site to sell on but for what you are selling i would suggest you also look at a few other sites - I have experience with one which is where i sold a established site -

A few things to consider before selling - Will your sale be based on revenue alone or has your business built a established name within your niche?

You will need to be as transparent as possible so make sure you include your stats - keywords the website ranks for - how people are finding you and any revenue proof.

If your site isnt making much money but is bringing in a number of visitors then this will not really help too much towards the sale - so it might actually be better to monetize further with adsense and other affiliate offers along with yours - Ive worked on oscommerce before and there is a great banner manager - If you do add any offers then add them to your side boxes and footer so that they can be seen site wide.

I sold my website on the following site

Businesses For Sale - Sell or Buy a Business for Sale It does cost much more then flippa - I think it cost me about £120 but it certainly gets the visitors -

Before i placed my site for sale on this website I actually looked and analysed its traffic - As a result I now also have my own website which sells websites but havnt built it yet - only have a landing page - just got it to the first page for the keyword - businesses for sale :-)

hope this helps - both flippa and the website i quoted are good sites and both have their pros and cons

thanks
Old 08-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the tips, Gremlin!
My website is established online store with targeted traffic and nice conversion rate. 1-3 place on Google for many major keywords.

I want to sell it is because I lost my legit eBay account (wanted to make a Quick Buck with Vero items, made money but paid a hard price for it). With my old account it was very nice and easy but now it takes too much of my time - I need to ask my friends for help every time I want to buy an item on eBay.

I tried to make a purchase with my stealth eBay account, PP put restriction because I wanted to ship this item to my customers address. I still haven't removed this restriction and have $150 sitting there so I prefer asking friends with legit accounts.

I do have a list of great suppliers to go with the website. The only thing you need is legit eBay/PP accounts and you're all set.

It also brings a nice revenue about 30K a year with a FREE traffic from Google and other search engines and plenty of returned customers. I have about 3000 customers. I think you can also implement Google adwords here, why not?

I've spent time building and managing this website, I'm proud of my achievement but it's time for a new projects. I don't want to sell sunglasses forever
Old 08-17-2010

Longevity: 89%

Hi Kia - please PM the figure you are looking for along with the url if you dont mind - I maybe interested or know of someone who will purchase -

Honestly speaking if your website is turning over $30k a year then I would take full control and buy stock upfront instead of using dropshippers or other companies who sell similar items.

Also if you have purchased of the ebay sellers on a number of occasions then did you not get personal contact info so that you can place orders away from ebay?

$30k is a nice turnover especially for stock that you dont hold - a few more sites like this then your going to be vat registered - why not work with what you have - take more control and get a proper merchant account.

I havnt sold on ebay for ages - Its deffinatly a place you dont want to miss out on but if its causing you so many issues then forget them and work on what you have with the scope to expand,

I also have a number of limited paypal account and have honestly lost track of how much money they hold - I would say its easily more then £1000

I would be happy to hear more about the site even a posibble partnership should this interest you.

Last edited by GREMLIN; 08-17-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-21-2010

Gremlin - good points. Kia, Can you please tell us your website address?