New online Business - Some Marketing Tips PLEEEASE!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 02-15-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default New online Business - Some Marketing Tips PLEEEASE!!

Hi folks! My lingerie site is now up and running. We are still uploading products to the site which will take another week or so before we have a fully loaded site but there are a couple of hundred items there already. This is a new business venture which i don't have much experience in although I have been researching the idea for approx 6 months now. Can you please have a wee look as all your comments are greatly appreciated - www.filthylittlebeast.com

Also, can anyone give me some pointers on whats the best way to market, advertise the site, attract more traffic to the site - I am looking for all the free ways first before venturing into the paid advertising.

I know it will take a great amount of time but I am prepared to work at it, have to make the break from ebay sometime, although this is not going to happen soon.

Apologies if I am asking a question someone has already asked previously...!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

like the domain name, honestly...what u wanna do is some SEO done, u need some articles written about your blog, and submitted to article directories, with your keyword in there 3 times, and a anchor text so when people read the articles and are interested in your site, they will click the link and be sent directly to your website, you need some backlinks to gain some ground on the search engines, ill ask aspkin if i can offer a SEO service here in sometime...I'm just getting back on the forum
Old 02-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi tvaughan08 thanks for the reply. I will look into that info you suggested.

P.S what exactly is a backlink?

Thanks, D.
Old 03-09-2010

Longevity: 89%

Hi
A backlink is similar to what you have done in the first post by providing a link back to your website. In short it acts like a vote for your website. You should also use your keywords as your anchor text - in the same way a backlink acts like a vote for your website then your anchor text will act like a vote for your keywords allowing you to control what keywords your website will rank for.

The very first thing i would advise is to do keyword research and then optimise your pages accordingly.

Pay close attention to your titles, meta details and your headings - your internal link structure is also very important. Add a sitemap - very important especially for a website the size of yours.

I would also suggest you add extra links in your footer pointing back to your main pages using your keywords. Its very important to use your keywords internally also.

Your not making any use of your heading tags - I would suggest you make use of them.

Your rout url is one big picture which then takes you to your shop front. not 100% sure if this is a good idea as your competition levels are fairly high. Either optimise the page and add extra text or change your shop front to point to your rout folder.

You do not have a robots.txt file - even though its not massively important i would suggest you use one - this is the first page that all robots will access - it can be causing your loads of server log errors as it pulls up a 404 not found page.

other then that concentrate on your backlinks - use a variety of sources and not only article sites. If you do a little search on the net then you will come to find many places from where you can get backlinks from.

By the way - I love the name - sounds very naughty :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to GREMLIN For This Useful Post:
worththewait (03-10-2010)
Old 03-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Many thanks Gremlin for the detailed information. I will get to work on this and see how things pan out. Cheers, W.
Old 03-11-2010

Longevity: 89%

No worries
just keep posting here if you need any help. I know its one of Aspkins favourite subjects :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to GREMLIN For This Useful Post:
worththewait (03-12-2010)