Google Page Rank update - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 05-28-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Google Page Rank update

Hi Im not sure if anyone noticed but it looks like google are updating the page rank again. I have a couple of sites. One went from PR1 to PR2 and the other went from PR0 to PR3 which i am very pleased about.

The funny thing is that the site I work most on has about 400 backlinks and it only jumped up by one. Ive only been working on the 2nd website for a couple of months and registered the site 3 months ago. I havnt done any directory submissions or social media marketing and bookmarks. I heard that directory submissions are no good anymore- well no good for your link juice but of course being in the right category will bring some targeted traffic.

So this 2nd website I have is about 3 months old- not much work done to it and has about 60 backlinks- non of them being of relevance other then the anchor txt. All of the backlinks are from high page rank sites but from a page rank 0 page within the high ranked domain---hope this makes sense--

Has anyone noticed a change in their page rank within the last 2 days?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2009

Longevity: 98%

I checked two weeks ago and now...

One domain I run took a 1 PR hit. The other remained the same. Aspkin.com is up from PR 0 back up to PR 1. Aspkin.com used to be PR 1 until the February 2009 or so then it became PR 0, which is despite the high alexa rank and that all its links are nofollow.

Most other websites I checked are the same. Though most of the big websites are in DMOZ.
Old 05-28-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Yah! Pagerank 1!!!!!

I have a feeling it was because of some of the wordpress plugins I was using that Google didn't like. I recently cleaned up things so it's good to see some pagerank again.

I do no promotions for aspkin.com at all, but I plan on doing some web 2.0 stuff in the coming weeks.

Maybe I can jump to pagerank 3 in a few months time.
Old 05-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Thanks for the post on this gremlin. I checked and most of my sites were unaffected but one did a 2 point bump.

The whole pagerank algo is a mystery to me, I have one of my sites go from PR 5 to 1 and then back to 5. It's whacky.
Old 05-29-2009
Threadstarter  

yeh I was surprised that they done another pagerank update so soon. I think they are playing with us.

TBH I dont think page rank means much but so many people pay attention to it. My site increased in page rank but stayed the same on serps.

From what I have noticed is that its best to stay away from directory submissions. I was told this and now experimenting without directory submissions my page rank shot up.

just my 2 cents
Old 05-29-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Lol.. directory submissions are some of the best ways to get higher SERPs..

Just another linking strategy and an important one if you want to rank higher.

But I agree pagerank doesn't mean a lot. I guess you can use it at the health of your website.. but then again pagerank is different throughout a site. I have pages where my pagerank is 3.

I have a pagerank 7 for one of my sites.. it's all who links to you.
Old 05-30-2009
Threadstarter  

Aspkin I used to think the same about directory submissions but recently I have read in many SEO and IM forums that many directories will not affect your serps or in some instances can harm them. Im no expert in the field myself but have read alot about it especially on the warrior forum where some reputable members have informed us of this.

The directory submissions will definitely get you targeted traffic. I think the key to it is to get directory submissions from long established authority directories. There are so many directories out there and I have heard that google has dropped the page rank for many of them.
Old 06-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Have seen another page rank update yesterday. It looks like google are updating the page rank more frequently now.

One of my sites that I registered 2 weeks ago is now a page rank one.

Ive designed it through wordpress for a few cpa promotions and clickbank promotions. I wasnt sure if it would work out for me but wordpress is kind of easy to play around with.

The site has already given me 1 sale and to be honest its one of my first sales for cpa campaigns. I would like some feedback on the design please.

I have 2 landing pages the first is the home page for my cpa campaigns and the 2nd is for clickbank campaigns- the url is a cheapy one for me to experiment on and didnt really know what I was gonna do with it until after I bought it. Yes I know I should have planned it out - which I have done for my 2nd one. The pictures for the clickbank landing page need sorting out.

The url is hairweightloss.info and the clickbank landing page is hairweightloss.info/hair-loss/

Be harsh I dont mind

back to the point about the google page rank. I was very surprised to see that this site has only been registered for 2 weeks and I have a page rank 1.

The way I done this was by injecting a few super high page rank backlinks and to make a squidoo lens- hubpage - wordpress and blogger page for it. I bookmarked all the pages on dig - spurl and link a gogo. I also answered a few questions on yahoo answers to drive some traffic and it loos like all has worked well.

The thing I hate about cpa offers is that they expire and before you can build on your serps the offers are gone.

Now over to a little blackhat technique which I have learnt. Check out watchtransformers2movie.info - what do you guys think about this technique? All offers are incentive offers used and only pay about $0.80

I know I should have bought a.com or .org domain but im not planning on flipping the sites and these should start to rank as good as any other domain.

Does anyone have any experience in flipping sites? would love to hear from you. something im looking into at the mo

cheers
Old 06-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

What do you mean by "flipping" sites?
Old 06-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi Philly
Sorry I should have been a little more clear. Well from what I have understood about flipping websites is that you buy a domain build a site and then sell it for profit.

you might of heard of real estate flipping before. basically its the same thing. The trend that I have seen is to buy domains and do them up for cpa campaigns, clickbanks or your own offer like a ebook - get some traffic and then sell the site.

Of course there are many ways of doing this. You can flip sites once you have established them and they bring you in a steady income then sell them for about 5 times the revenue. or you could just buy a domain - design a site- get some traffic to it then sell it. 100's of people are doing it - check out sitepoint or flippa.com

TBH I shouldnt have mixed site flipping with the G page rank thread but should have started another one instead

hopefully no harm done
Old 06-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Ok, completely understand now. Have you ever purchased a site that has expired that had a pagerank previously? Like on this site... Find Expired and Expiring Domains by Keyword and PageRank | DeletedLIVE
Old 06-25-2009
Threadstarter  

youve got some timing philly!! cheers for the link

I stumbled across a site the other day asking to subscribe to their newsletter which they'll send once a week with information about expired domains. they were charging about 40 bucks.

I just checked out the site and cant figure out how to buy a domain. I done a search for a certain keyword and it brought up a few domain names that were page rank 1 but it dont say how to get hold of them - so I went to go daddy to check if it was available but it wasnt.

If you could get hold of expired domains then I think that would be a great boost to any new site, I wonder if they cost the same as a new domain.
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

Another:

Deleted Domain Names
Old 01-20-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREMLIN View Post
Have seen another page rank update yesterday. It looks like google are updating the page rank more frequently now.

One of my sites that I registered 2 weeks ago is now a page rank one.

Ive designed it through wordpress for a few cpa promotions and clickbank promotions. I wasnt sure if it would work out for me but wordpress is kind of easy to play around with.

The site has already given me 1 sale and to be honest its one of my first sales for cpa campaigns. I would like some feedback on the design please.

I have 2 landing pages the first is the home page for my cpa campaigns and the 2nd is for clickbank campaigns- the url is a cheapy one for me to experiment on and didnt really know what I was gonna do with it until after I bought it. Yes I know I should have planned it out - which I have done for my 2nd one. The pictures for the clickbank landing page need sorting out.

The url is hairweightloss.info and the clickbank landing page is hairweightloss.info/hair-loss/

Be harsh I dont mind

back to the point about the google page rank. I was very surprised to see that this site has only been registered for 2 weeks and I have a page rank 1.

The way I done this was by injecting a few super high page rank backlinks and to make a squidoo lens- hubpage - wordpress and blogger page for it. I bookmarked all the pages on dig - spurl and link a gogo. I also answered a few questions on yahoo answers to drive some traffic and it loos like all has worked well.

The thing I hate about cpa offers is that they expire and before you can build on your serps the offers are gone.

Now over to a little blackhat technique which I have learnt. Check out watchtransformers2movie.info - what do you guys think about this technique? All offers are incentive offers used and only pay about $0.80

I know I should have bought a.com or .org domain but im not planning on flipping the sites and these should start to rank as good as any other domain.

Does anyone have any experience in flipping sites? would love to hear from you. something im looking into at the mo

cheers

Hi,

I agree with your tips. Thank a lot for sharing this useful information and look forward to see more from you.I need more information about flipping sites.

Old 03-11-2010
Threadstarter  

no worries richardson

i dont normally flip sites but do when i get the chance- currently working on other attention seeking projects.

My last 2 flips were very good - in december last year i sold a site for £25k british pounds. then i sold another site about a month ago for $1500

the one for $1500 was for a affiliate site and the one that pulled in the nice cash was for a ecommerce store and business plan.

I really need to start flipping more but just dont have the time to concentrate on this at the mo.

I practice seo for a living and my seo website is now on page 1 of google for some competitive keywords - so its working out well. I think the key to my flips is the rankings i get the sites.

The buyers of my sites are normally in the affiliate or CPA game so they further monetize the sites for there likings.