eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   etsy questions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/79262-etsy-questions.html)

RPSGT 11-07-2014 01:35 PM

etsy questions

my store was closed a few weeks ago. I installed HSS and started a new one, but it was closed before I even took the store live. I had only 1 item up and I had used an old picture (hoping that was the killer). I am going to tray again but have a few questions so I can get this right!

So I have to use all new pictures also is that correct?
How do I tether to a cell phone? I have an iPhone.

Also, a pretty important one for me is will I be able to log back into my old etsy account (for contacts of long term customers etc) from my new IP or will I need to just cut all ties with that account?

Will I be able to use my cell phone to use the Etsy app or my tablet or any other computer I used for my original account or do those IP addresses get linked to my account somehow? I used every computer everywhere to log in and conduct business. Work, tablets, phones, home. I just don't want to get burned again, but I did have my etsy account accessible almost always.

unkown5454 11-07-2014 03:13 PM

Re: etsy questions

Cannot use old photos at all. Must be all knew/modded.

Search the Et.sy forum we have here a bit. Everything you need to know is already posted recently.

All of your other questions pertain to general stea/lth practices and since you are new, I suggest you read around and also purchase the stea/lth guide. There is much to learn and you will need to refrain from doing many of the things you are used to.

ovidiu 11-07-2014 03:46 PM

Etsy has really good analytics. In your account, you can see that they track everything; they can tell you where every visitor is coming from, how they go to your store, etc. Do not log into your old etsy account with your new IP solution. Just do it at a coffee shop or similar.

rsot 11-08-2014 06:46 AM

But do not use the coffee shop IP for new account OP...pls do not

ovidiu 11-08-2014 01:51 PM

Right rsot, just for the old compromised one.

big tymer 12-16-2014 07:56 AM

or find a new coffeeshop

rsot 12-16-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big tymer (Post 620644)
or find a new coffeeshop

Not at all advisable either

hapajenn1 02-01-2015 11:50 AM

i'm looking into starting up Etsy seller acct soon --
is it overall a good platform to sell ?

for category clothing , by the way .

rsot 02-01-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hapajenn1 (Post 637524)

Homemade/crafted?

RosieTosie 02-01-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hapajenn1 (Post 637524)

Can only list on Etsy if you create your own items, everything has to be created in its entirety by the you. That's just the way it is on that platform.

big tymer 02-03-2015 09:56 PM

Etsy is good for selling supplies for crafters or jewelry makers, the highest volume sellers there are in this category, they get tons of sales but its like between $3-$10 for some little supplies for making earrings and the like. Also vintage items (over 30 years old) sell well.

hapajenn1 02-04-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 637547)
Can only list on Etsy if you create your own items, everything has to be created in its entirety by the you. That's just the way it is on that platform.

but there are also brand name products on the Etsy forum ?
such as Coach, louis vuitton, etc.

rsot 02-10-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hapajenn1 (Post 638806)
but there are also brand name products on the Etsy forum ?
such as Coach, louis vuitton, etc.

Of course - some ppl will try to fool the system and peddle their stuff that is not crafted

cathiefrances 05-10-2015 11:18 PM

My Etsy shop was closed 3 weeks ago and I'm so upset! And I am looking to reopen it...and what should I look out for when opening another shop.
Thank you

ovidiu 05-11-2015 01:23 AM

New IP address, preferably wiped browser/new Windows user account with all cookies/temp files deleted, new gift card, new address, add new name to PP account and do not pay etsy fees with that Paypal account, ever. Build up account with different products and mix in your old ones slowly to avoid being found out.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with France-specific advice.

rsot 05-11-2015 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathiefrances (Post 668084)
My Etsy shop was closed 3 weeks ago and I'm so upset! And I am looking to reopen it...and what should I look out for when opening another shop.
Thank you

Welcome to the forums - why were you closed cathie? Reasons given?

cathiefrances 05-11-2015 08:25 AM

I was selling brand name ribbons, and a few vintage jewelry but mostly the ribbons and I got a notice of one of them that i wasn't allow to sell so i took it down..and I then one day I got as notice that my shop was closed for good for infringement!! meanwhile there are other sellers selling the same thing!! I got nothing but excellent feedback!!
I am so upset with this im a single mom of 2 and that extra income helped me a lot.

cathiefrances 05-11-2015 08:29 AM

@ovidiu add new name to pp? you mean change my account name which I receive the money? and my etsy fees how should I pay them?
Thanks every for all your input means a great deal to me, hope I can get on soon on Etsy

Cathy

ovidiu 05-11-2015 03:42 PM

Create a new email address and add it to Paypal. Paypal lets you have more than one email address on an account. Add this new PP email address as your payment address to your new etsy account.

Use gift cards to pay etsy fees. You can not use the old PP account to pay fees on a new stealth etsy account; you will be found out in 2 seconds flat.

cathiefrances 05-12-2015 08:58 AM

@ ovidiu where do I get the gift cards from?

ovidiu 05-12-2015 04:05 PM

Are you in Canada or France...your flag changed? In Canada, get them from any grocery store. Safeway, Saveon, etc. i

cathiefrances 05-14-2015 09:04 AM

What gift card do I get to pay my esty fees?