eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   etsy questions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/79262-etsy-questions.html)

RPSGT 11-07-2014 01:35 PM

etsy questions

my store was closed a few weeks ago. I installed HSS and started a new one, but it was closed before I even took the store live. I had only 1 item up and I had used an old picture (hoping that was the killer). I am going to tray again but have a few questions so I can get this right!

So I have to use all new pictures also is that correct?
How do I tether to a cell phone? I have an iPhone.

Also, a pretty important one for me is will I be able to log back into my old etsy account (for contacts of long term customers etc) from my new IP or will I need to just cut all ties with that account?

Will I be able to use my cell phone to use the Etsy app or my tablet or any other computer I used for my original account or do those IP addresses get linked to my account somehow? I used every computer everywhere to log in and conduct business. Work, tablets, phones, home. I just don't want to get burned again, but I did have my etsy account accessible almost always.

unkown5454 11-07-2014 03:13 PM

Re: etsy questions

Cannot use old photos at all. Must be all knew/modded.

Search the Et.sy forum we have here a bit. Everything you need to know is already posted recently.

All of your other questions pertain to general stea/lth practices and since you are new, I suggest you read around and also purchase the stea/lth guide. There is much to learn and you will need to refrain from doing many of the things you are used to.

ovidiu 11-07-2014 03:46 PM

Etsy has really good analytics. In your account, you can see that they track everything; they can tell you where every visitor is coming from, how they go to your store, etc. Do not log into your old etsy account with your new IP solution. Just do it at a coffee shop or similar.

rsot 11-08-2014 06:46 AM

But do not use the coffee shop IP for new account OP...pls do not

ovidiu 11-08-2014 01:51 PM

Right rsot, just for the old compromised one.

big tymer 12-16-2014 07:56 AM

or find a new coffeeshop

rsot 12-16-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big tymer (Post 620644)
or find a new coffeeshop

Not at all advisable either

hapajenn1 02-01-2015 11:50 AM

i'm looking into starting up Etsy seller acct soon --
is it overall a good platform to sell ?

for category clothing , by the way .

rsot 02-01-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hapajenn1 (Post 637524)

Homemade/crafted?

RosieTosie 02-01-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hapajenn1 (Post 637524)

Can only list on Etsy if you create your own items, everything has to be created in its entirety by the you. That's just the way it is on that platform.

big tymer 02-03-2015 09:56 PM

Etsy is good for selling supplies for crafters or jewelry makers, the highest volume sellers there are in this category, they get tons of sales but its like between $3-$10 for some little supplies for making earrings and the like. Also vintage items (over 30 years old) sell well.

hapajenn1 02-04-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 637547)
Can only list on Etsy if you create your own items, everything has to be created in its entirety by the you. That's just the way it is on that platform.

but there are also brand name products on the Etsy forum ?
such as Coach, louis vuitton, etc.

rsot 02-10-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hapajenn1 (Post 638806)
but there are also brand name products on the Etsy forum ?
such as Coach, louis vuitton, etc.

Of course - some ppl will try to fool the system and peddle their stuff that is not crafted

cathiefrances 05-10-2015 11:18 PM

My Etsy shop was closed 3 weeks ago and I'm so upset! And I am looking to reopen it...and what should I look out for when opening another shop.
Thank you

ovidiu 05-11-2015 01:23 AM

New IP address, preferably wiped browser/new Windows user account with all cookies/temp files deleted, new gift card, new address, add new name to PP account and do not pay etsy fees with that Paypal account, ever. Build up account with different products and mix in your old ones slowly to avoid being found out.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with France-specific advice.

rsot 05-11-2015 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathiefrances (Post 668084)
My Etsy shop was closed 3 weeks ago and I'm so upset! And I am looking to reopen it...and what should I look out for when opening another shop.
Thank you

Welcome to the forums - why were you closed cathie? Reasons given?

cathiefrances 05-11-2015 08:25 AM

I was selling brand name ribbons, and a few vintage jewelry but mostly the ribbons and I got a notice of one of them that i wasn't allow to sell so i took it down..and I then one day I got as notice that my shop was closed for good for infringement!! meanwhile there are other sellers selling the same thing!! I got nothing but excellent feedback!!
I am so upset with this im a single mom of 2 and that extra income helped me a lot.

cathiefrances 05-11-2015 08:29 AM

@ovidiu add new name to pp? you mean change my account name which I receive the money? and my etsy fees how should I pay them?
Thanks every for all your input means a great deal to me, hope I can get on soon on Etsy

Cathy

ovidiu 05-11-2015 03:42 PM

Create a new email address and add it to Paypal. Paypal lets you have more than one email address on an account. Add this new PP email address as your payment address to your new etsy account.

Use gift cards to pay etsy fees. You can not use the old PP account to pay fees on a new stealth etsy account; you will be found out in 2 seconds flat.

cathiefrances 05-12-2015 08:58 AM

@ ovidiu where do I get the gift cards from?

ovidiu 05-12-2015 04:05 PM

Are you in Canada or France...your flag changed? In Canada, get them from any grocery store. Safeway, Saveon, etc. i

cathiefrances 05-14-2015 09:04 AM

What gift card do I get to pay my esty fees?

rsot 05-14-2015 10:04 AM

RBC Gift card - register it to your Canada postal code (stealth)

cathiefrances 05-15-2015 12:21 PM

I just opened my store again on Etsy and now its asking me my banks name , account owners name and institution number and account number...

also name and date of birth

and they say for your protection we may verify your identity with a secure third party service.

My questions now is do I go to a complete different bank of the same one i have to open a other account.

2nd question: My name and date of birth... can I use my same name or mix it up a bit.

Thanks everyone for all your help!!

rsot 05-15-2015 01:20 PM

You need a new bank account to avoid linking.

Use name variation - date of birth can be different.

unkown5454 05-15-2015 05:06 PM

Why can't you just use CC like USA?

Are you trying to do direct checkout? That should be the only time they need to verify identity.

ytowngirl126 05-17-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 669724)
Why can't you just use CC like USA?

Are you trying to do direct checkout? That should be the only time they need to verify identity.

I would avoid direct checkout and just go with paypal. Though through my experience and what I've read if you don't have direct checkout you lose a lot of sales.

cathiefrances 05-17-2015 04:17 PM

If i get an RBC gift card with a certain amount do i have to be getting a new one when there is no more money to pay Esty fees.

rsot 05-17-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathiefrances (Post 670243)
If i get an RBC gift card with a certain amount do i have to be getting a new one when there is no more money to pay Esty fees.

You would have to since they are not reloadable.

Knotorious 06-12-2015 09:44 PM

I recently had my etsy shutdown for infringement as well . Just tried to go stealth account 30 mins ago and posted 2 items and when I entered my VCC it said I was suspended I think they found me out by pictures tho ? Not sure . Everything was fine till they asked me to enter a credit card to pay bills in the future .

I had a a new ip and VPN. (PIA)
New name, info purchased from trusted aspkin seller(made for ebay) .
Enterd paypal address and I was good .

Apparently I was screwed ova by the vcc info or the metadata in my photo

Just posting for warning and input I suppose. If anyone has other suggestions or ideas I'll be listening.Good luck OP I'll be learning wit ya.

MM78 06-12-2015 10:04 PM

I'm not sure if you have checked around but EVERYTHING has to be new, New IP, New Pictures with metadata removed, New User Account, New listings, and possibly new products to begin with. Also, if you posted the same exact item that got you shutdown....then perhaps it's not the best start.

Knotorious 06-13-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 677327)
I'm not sure if you have checked around but EVERYTHING has to be new, New IP, New Pictures with metadata removed, New User Account, New listings, and possibly new products to begin with. Also, if you posted the same exact item that got you shutdown....then perhaps it's not the best start.

Only thing not new would be the location of the pics and maybe usimg similar type products, but not exactly the same. And definitely not the ones that got me banned . ( I did read a tiny bit now lol ) So next time all new product type. I will stay away from the vintage clothes category for a while and get new photo metadata. I'll try again. I got to. Et.sy has been better than EB for me for years. :fight:

Thanks for reading and reply mm78

cathiefrances 06-14-2015 08:19 AM

What is meta data?

cathiefrances 06-29-2015 08:08 PM

@rsot.. Wouldn't they get suspicious if I would be adding a new r rbc gift card to pay my Etsy fees.

unkown5454 06-29-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathiefrances (Post 681522)
@rsot.. Wouldn't they get suspicious if I would be adding a new r rbc gift card to pay my Etsy fees.

Nope...

doL 06-29-2015 09:47 PM

I use a stealth etsy account now as well, but I've recycled old pics that I had on a previously suspended account. I even sell the same product that got me susp. the first place.

And to iterate some more on the topic of payments through etsy, I get 80% of my sales through Direct Checkout.

There are ways you can get around the whole 'handmade/crafted' restriction. I read that some women has made over a $1M in sales or something astronomical like that, from reselling stuff she bought in bulk through Alibaba or one of the other Chinese wholesellers. She rebrands them, has models wear the outfit and 'Americanizes' them and hikes up the price x10.

Rhonda 06-29-2015 10:22 PM

I can spot items on Etsy that are from alibaba as I shop on the Chinese version of these websites daily. The site is flooded with Chinese products as it is not economically efficient to handmade every single piece of item and make a living from it. Considering how much time it takes to design and make a piece of jewelry.

doL 06-30-2015 09:56 AM

Oh I know, but do you have an American looking model wearing your Alibaba merchandise? :P That is what is doing it for this women. She makes it look fashionable for Americans and they jump all over it.

Knotorious 07-01-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doL (Post 681547)
I use a stealth etsy account now as well, but I've recycled old pics that I had on a previously suspended account. I even sell the same product that got me susp. the first place.

And to iterate some more on the topic of payments through etsy, I get 80% of my sales through Direct Checkout.

There are ways you can get around the whole 'handmade/crafted' restriction. I read that some women has made over a $1M in sales or something astronomical like that, from reselling stuff she bought in bulk through Alibaba or one of the other Chinese wholesellers. She rebrands them, has models wear the outfit and 'Americanizes' them and hikes up the price x10.

1.) So so far no problems with your e.tsy stealth? if using the same pics and products? Are you on a different laptop or tablet maybe ? interesting thats cool tho. I was going to creep my old products in later .

2. ) I agree wit the direct checkout is way better as well. My sales went up major like 60- 80% when I did direct checkout .

3. ) Agreed also on the rebranding of wholesellers. I was doing VERY WELL with this same exact thing. Also In the past I told them I was getting help from a factory in china & they said it was OK.

Knotorious 07-01-2015 08:01 PM

@doL

How do you go about paying your e.tsy fees though ? Cuz on the new sign up they ask for a credit card & name to pay fees immediately. I use to just use my real bank account . If you dont wanna share 2 much PM me . Just looking for others experience.