eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Questions re: etsy sales & feedbacks (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/80667-questions-re-etsy-sales-feedbacks.html)

Iweirdo 12-12-2014 11:27 PM

Questions re: etsy sales & feedbacks

I was banned from et.sy and successfully open a new stealth, thanks to the members here.
While being suspended, I frequently check on my competitions ( some of them, most are from China are not banned for selling the same as mine with same price, and I want to know how they can survive that).
I notice few of them make 500-1000 sales/month. I don't think this is possible because the most successful store (also banned) only has about 200 sales/month on average.
So I'm thinking they are creating ⊗⊗⊗⊗ sales/feedback to attract more buyers? Should I do that?
And Also,
Can I print et.sy shipping labels directly from paypal using my et.sy banned computer and et.sy banned IP? I have no problem with paypal at all. I'm thinking it is OK, just want the confirmation from the experts here.

ovidiu 12-13-2014 03:15 AM

Re: Questions re: etsy sales & feedbacks

First of all, etsy feedback doesn't matter. No one really reads it. As long as you got better than 4 stars, you're ok. No one is going to buy from someone because they happen to have more feedback or sales under their belt.

Why don't you print labels through etsy, not paypal? There is no extra charge for it.

Iweirdo 12-13-2014 06:01 PM

I don't have a wireless printer, I only have an old printer connected to my banned static IP/computer. A nice member here advices me not to print label from et.sy to reduce the monthly bills and to avoid the old shipping address.
Have you been banned, got stealth account then print label directly from et.sy using your old address?

unkown5454 12-13-2014 06:40 PM

PP has no affiliation with Et.sy. This is not EB.

rsot 12-14-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iweirdo (Post 619767)
I don't have a wireless printer, I only have an old printer connected to my banned static IP/computer. A nice member here advices me not to print label from et.sy to reduce the monthly bills and to avoid the old shipping address.
Have you been banned, got stealth account then print label directly from et.sy using your old address?

Printer has no effect on health of account - you can safely use the printer BUT you should not be using your old address.

I change the mailing label manually with old address return

Iweirdo 12-14-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 619943)
Printer has no effect on health of account - you can safely use the printer BUT you should not be using your old address.

I change the mailing label manually with old address return

So you print the label with old banned address, then tape the new stealth address ( accessible recommended) over old banned one? or is it the other way around? Print label with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, then tape the banned address over it?
I know I could easily set up a USPS PO box but I have been banned and make no money for 2 months now + low sale for new store. So I have to be as cheap as possible at least until the new store start making good sales.

Sooner 12-14-2014 10:33 PM

I use Stamps.com to print all of my shipping labels for all of my various accounts. For me, the $15.99/month I pay for Stamps.com is well worth the investment. I use my own address as the return address and I can write off the Stamps.com monthly fee on my taxes as a business expense. I believe you can get a month free trial of Stamps.com but don't quote me on that.

ovidiu 12-15-2014 01:58 AM

First of all, you will have very few returns on etsy. But go ahead and paste a label with the old address on the new stealth label.

Iweirdo 12-15-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner (Post 620182)
I use Stamps.com to print all of my shipping labels for all of my various accounts. For me, the $15.99/month I pay for Stamps.com is well worth the investment. I use my own address as the return address and I can write off the Stamps.com monthly fee on my taxes as a business expense. I believe you can get a month free trial of Stamps.com but don't quote me on that.

Do you mean you can import shipping information from different sites or multiple accounts on same site to ONE stamp.com account? I''ve never used stamps.com before but have been thinking about it since banned from et.sy. What is the price for a 2oz international package + tracking info on stamps.com?

How is the insurance service there? easy to claim? I got quite some international lost claims on et.sy & they paid pretty quickly & it was easy. The thing I like about et.sy is that they insure even USPS slow mail First class service & the fee is so cheap.
But I can't print from directly from et.sy anymore, until I can afford a good wireless printer. Have an old printer connected to my dad's computer with static IP which is now banned. and that printer is for the whole family so I just leave it as is.

For now, guess I'll just go ahead and print the label from paypal because I'm still in good standing with them . And a member here confirms me that it is just fine because et.sy & paypal are no friends + the tracking will load automatically.

The domestic mail on paypal is as cheap as printing on et.sy
I notice the international mail is half the price on paypal, only about $3+ (possibly no tracking available, not sure) for a 2oz package; while et.sy is $6.16 for the same weight.
But paypal asks me to install something, I don't want to so I went to USPS to print my international labels (same price as et.sy) but it is a pain because the labels are complicated most of the time.

big tymer 12-16-2014 07:55 AM

I have found that with new accounts on etsy people buy more after you have a few feedbacks. I don't think people really read them and make a decision to buy or not, rather they just want to see that you have completed a few transactions.

rsot 12-16-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big tymer (Post 620643)
I have found that with new accounts on etsy people buy more after you have a few feedbacks. I don't think people really read them and make a decision to buy or not, rather they just want to see that you have completed a few transactions.

One approach - another approach might be on what you sell...and price offered...and niche

Iweirdo 12-16-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 620658)
One approach - another approach might be on what you sell...and price offered...and niche

What I'm trying to sell is pretty hot, but lots of competition, many existing shops with solid established history. If lucky, I'll just blend in. I have never sold these things before. I want to sell these for a while, than slowly add my old banned merchandise ( they were selling so well & still are, I know now how to "mask" them) back to my store, just to be safe.

Iweirdo 12-16-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big tymer (Post 620643)

Instead of waiting for few first feedbacks, I'll just go ahead a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ them, why wait for sales/good feedbacks if you can ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ? I'll just make some, just to give buyers more confidence. HAd 3 very good shops with fairly good volume sales & solid "5 star" feedbacks. All banned because of 1 infringement store. Now I know stealth & make them all separate.

rsot 12-19-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iweirdo (Post 620707)
What I'm trying to sell is pretty hot, but lots of competition, many existing shops with solid established history. If lucky, I'll just blend in. I have never sold these things before. I want to sell these for a while, than slowly add my old banned merchandise ( they were selling so well & still are, I know now how to "mask" them) back to my store, just to be safe.

Attack with multiple accounts

GreenBean 12-19-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iweirdo (Post 620707)

Going to be a BIG IF with the MO you are talking about using.

big tymer 12-27-2014 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iweirdo (Post 620714)
Instead of waiting for few first feedbacks, I'll just go ahead a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ them, why wait for sales/good feedbacks if you can ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ? I'll just make some, just to give buyers more confidence. HAd 3 very good shops with fairly good volume sales & solid "5 star" feedbacks. All banned because of 1 infringement store. Now I know stealth & make them all separate.

I would go ahead and list as many of your items as you can. what I am saying is after a few initial feedbacks sales pick up dramatically. the thing with Etsy is you really have to list a boat load of items to be found especially if you are selling in a competitive niche. I had a new shop and no sales for the first week or so, after I got a few feedbacks, even one 1 star feedback, sales started to become consistent.

rsot 12-27-2014 07:21 AM

List all you like but be aware of competition - especially with regards to niche markets

ovidiu 12-27-2014 08:12 AM

Another ridiculous thing with etsy is the way their search works, if you don't keep listing at least every week, you will get booted to the back of the search results and have no sales. So list every couple days at least.

big tymer 12-28-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 624313)
List all you like but be aware of competition - especially with regards to niche markets

Etsy is filled with Etsy-Nazis, people who spend all their time complaining and reporting other shops while complaining their shops get no sales.

GreenBean 12-28-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big tymer (Post 624638)
Etsy is filled with Etsy-Nazis, people who spend all their time complaining and reporting other shops while complaining their shops get no sales.

Aye, the dreaded etsy cliques.

rsot 12-28-2014 09:53 AM

novemberrain1970 12-30-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 624641)
Aye, the dreaded etsy cliques.

They are what finally made me see that was NOT the venue for me any longer.