eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/)
-   -   Suspended with no reason given. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/133236-suspended-no-reason-given.html)

Lolzman 02-02-2020 04:23 PM

Suspended with no reason given.

So I've not used Ebay in a while, and return to find my account suspended. I contacted support and this was the result:

I've not used Ebay in a while, and I have returned to find my account suspended. Might I know why, and how to get it reinstated?
2020 - 02 - 02
08:51:30 UTC*Liza
Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help. My name is Liza. Please stay connected while I review your query.
08:51:40 UTC*pvinv.kezxf2g
Sure :)
08:54:28 UTC*Liza
Hello Vincent.
08:54:38 UTC*Liza
I understand that you are concerned about the suspension on your account.
08:55:02 UTC*Liza
I have looked in here and can see that your account was suspended because it exhibits a risk to eBay and to its community. As eBay is an internet-based business, and its members are our customers, we have to carefully weigh the risks involved in allowing users on our site.
08:55:31 UTC*pvinv.kezxf2g
Okay, but that's very vague. In what sense is my account considered a risk?
08:56:38 UTC*Liza
Yes. Normally, whenever a new seller comes on to eBay, listing items such as you have, it is common for us to take you through a verification process to review your account and your listings. Part of this process includes mitigating risk.
08:57:44 UTC*Liza
When we reviewed the activity on your account, we found indications of risk to the eBay community (such as excessive quantity of items, stock photos, listed below market retail value, and the factors considered in this case are proprietary in nature hence I would not be able to share them).
08:59:22 UTC*pvinv.kezxf2g
That's fair enough. That said, to straight up suspend my account without any reason beyond that seems very discriminatory. I've never sold anything ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or dodgy, just things I used to collect that I no longer use.
08:59:36 UTC*pvinv.kezxf2g
How can I go about getting my account reinstated?
09:01:11 UTC*Liza
I understand he importance of having your account back but there's no amount of information that can be provided to appeal for the suspension last 2019 as this is business and final decision.
09:02:22 UTC*pvinv.kezxf2g
Are you joking? I never did anything wrong, nor did I ever break the ToS. Banning me because "Some guy looked at what I was selling and thought it was a bit iffy" is absolutely insane.
09:03:19 UTC*Liza
I am sorry but no option for us to reinstate your account.
09:03:34 UTC*pvinv.kezxf2g
So, am I allowed to make another account?
09:04:04 UTC*Liza
I'm afraid that you are not permitted to create a new account as this will get suspended.
09:04:04 UTC*Liza
While we understand that you may not agree with our decision not to grant your appeal, please understand that this decision is final and will not be reversed.
09:04:08 UTC*Liza
Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help. Have a good one.
09:04:27 UTC*pvinv.kezxf2g
Am I allowed to make another account?
09:04:38 UTC*Liza
No.
09:04:58 UTC*pvinv.kezxf2g
I've been banned from your service completely, and I haven't even been provided a justifiable reason?
09:06:04 UTC*Liza
I am sorry but then again, *I believe that I have provided you the reason why your account got suspended.
09:06:07 UTC*Liza
Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help. Have a good one.
09:06:09 UTC
Chat ended by Liza

Not only do I feel like I've just been thrown away by support here, but I can't actually use Ebay again...all because.....??? I can't even be given a proper reason.*

ilcarletto 02-03-2020 02:36 AM

Re: Suspended with no reason given.

Welcome on board Lolzman, you are in the right place to start a brand new account... even more than one if you wish ;)

rsot 02-03-2020 08:11 AM

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

james_112233 02-03-2020 09:27 AM

Typical response from ebay. It happens.

You clearly triggered / flagged your account. Trace back your steps and re-think why.

prodigyace 02-03-2020 10:13 AM

Good sellers get suspended all the time unfortunately.

There should be a clear way to appeal suspensions, with the accounts going through a probationary period (if you can successfully address their "SPECIFIC" issues with your seller activity) before dropping the permanent ban hammer...but hey, their house, their rules.

Welcome to the forum, where some of us didn't deserve to get suspended, but we did. We do what we have to so our bills can get paid.

bougie 02-03-2020 10:53 AM

eBay has live chat?

slokor 02-03-2020 04:03 PM

Welcome to the forum friend.

Pandoras_box 02-03-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolzman (Post 1066452)
..As eBay is an internet-based business, and its members are our customers, we have to carefully weigh the risks involved in allowing users on our site...

...Yes. Normally, whenever a new seller comes on to eBay, listing items such as you have, it is common for us to take you through a verification process to review your account and your listings. Part of this process includes mitigating risk.

...When we reviewed the activity on your account, we found indications of risk to the eBay community (such as excessive quantity of items, stock photos, listed below market retail value, ...

This information is quite useful. So new accounts are now being verified. Hopefully, no more nay saying on this topic.

wild seller 02-03-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1066659)
This information is quite useful. So new accounts are now being verified. Hopefully, no more nay saying on this topic.

.Yes. Normally, whenever a new seller comes on to eBay, listing items such as you have, it is common for us to take you through a verification process to review your account and your listings. Part of this process includes mitigating risk.
--------------------
how could she say that the goods were listed if they were never listed ..
some nonsense ...
you can’t sell anything else, because you didn’t sell anything, but we noticed that you are a risk to us.

Beautiful 02-04-2020 12:49 PM

welcome to aspkin forums

Pandoras_box 02-04-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild seller (Post 1066690)
.Yes. Normally, whenever a new seller comes on to eBay, listing items such as you have, it is common for us to take you through a verification process to review your account and your listings. Part of this process includes mitigating risk.
--------------------
how could she say that the goods were listed if they were never listed ..
some nonsense ...
you can’t sell anything else, because you didn’t sell anything, but we noticed that you are a risk to us.

In the chat, OP says "Are you joking? I never did anything wrong, nor did I ever break the ToS. Banning me because "Some guy looked at what I was selling and thought it was a bit iffy" is absolutely insane."

OP referred to selling.
CS also inferred the account was suspended in 2019.

I can't say for sure without OP clarifying but it would appear eBay is associating the suspension to the listing mentioned above and the account was suspended after that in 2019, but OP did not notice until his recent login.
Either way, this new suspension spree is insane.

Mohamed31 10-12-2020 07:07 AM

Who has the method no suspended ebay account

rsot 10-13-2020 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mohamed31 (Post 1119563)
Who has the method no suspended ebay account

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

Learning awaits for you :)