My head is spinning! *Long* - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 05-06-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default My head is spinning! *Long*

Hello!

I don't even know how I stumbled upon this forum, but very happy I did! I have completed one of the offers and received a code for my EB Stealth Book, however I am having trouble downloading it due to malware detection, that's going to be another post in another section.

For now I would like to share my story and hope that someone will chime in with advice so I don't mess this up.

I had a ebay store and 650 positive transactions, I had been selling for a year an a half and was doing well with household items and clothing, just your regular seller. It only took me 4 months to achieve TRS, I was very proud of myself and the business I was growing! Then it happened. I am a member of another forum and on the advice and with the help of some very good seasoned sellers I decided to take on selling toys for Christmas......I will not ever do that again! Although it was fun and brought in a lot of money, dealing with the toy buyers was a nightmare! So many of them had buyers remorse after they paid 3 times the retail price of a BM store that was sold out of the toy little Suzy or Tommy just had to have under the tree. I ended up with four cases against me. The problem was as the money was coming in, I was using it for my own Christmas. Needless to say as always, EB & PP sided with the buyer when they claimed item not as described, I even had them side with a buyer claiming not receiving an item even though I had delivery conformation showing it delivered, they knew how to work the system by changing one number in the address. Another wanted to return and what they sent me back was an empty box, it didn't matter because they had a delivery conformation number and that was all PP needed, no matter what I said, that was a $150 transaction, it hurt emotionally as well as financially because I was doing what I was supposed to do! Anyhow, now I am in the hole with both of them by almost $400. I know, I know, your advice will be to pay them. Well, I sell on EB for a reason. We really depended on the income for our bills and I just don't have it to pay them. I would like to pay them back just to get my FB and store back, but I need to sell again to get the money.

I tried opening new accounts, (both EB & PP), but after reading here, simply using someone else's name and a new bank account is not enough and I was shut down when they linked the new accounts with the old.

My question is, is it really possible for me to open new accounts and have them be legitimate? I would really like to be able to use my own name and info., but if that isn't possible then I will just have to deal with it. The main thing is I need to start selling again. Not only do we need the money, but I have a 620 sq ft area FILLED with thrift store/garage sale inventory that I need to sell.

If you read this far, thank you so much! I look forward to getting the information I need and will be forever grateful if you guys can help me get up and running again! Now I'm off to try and figure out how to download my e-book.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Raise a HELP DESK ticket about downloading. aspkin will attend to it for you.

Yes, it is possible to get back to ebay.

Takes time and not uber long posts to do it

I joke to a point about the long posts. 99.9% of us have been in the same place. When my accounts went, I was very down emotionally.

In this forum, I found the answers and more.

So Welcome to the forum and to your chance to beat ebay. The URL below is the subscribers' area. I suggest you make your posts there with any questions.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/

Have a read of the site, start taking notes. Then make a plan of what you think you can/should do. We'll help fine tune it.
Feel free to pm me .
berryfine1 (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you GreenBean!

Yes, in the future my posts will be much shorter! I have been looking around, but can't find the help desk to submit a ticket. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Green Bean took the time to read it - props =)
Old 05-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

HeeHee @rsot. Speedy me

berry, this will raise a ticket for you:

support (at) auctionstealth.com
aspkin (05-06-2011), berryfine1 (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011

BerryFine1 we can all empathise with you because we have all been there. Dealing with EB & PP is always fraught and here you are amongst friends who understand your plight. The game is getting harder but, so far, we as a group are ahead of the game. Stealth is like penicilin - you need to take the full course to get the best results.. .
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
berryfine1 (05-06-2011)
Old 05-06-2011

I'm not going to comment on your price gauging practices because I've done it too, but all I got appreciations for making kids happy.

If someone commits mail fraud, contact the postal inspector and the police department in his town.

Stop crying about you need the $400 to live. If you can rescue your account, do it. That pile of junk is not earning you any cash unless you sell it, do the math and do what's most cost effective.

Last edited by stillselling; 05-06-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Tone down the wording
Old 05-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillselling View Post
I'm not going to comment on your price gauging practices because I've done it too, but all I got appreciations for making kids happy.

If someone commits mail fraud, contact the postal inspector and the police department in his town.

Stop crying about you need the $400 to live. If you can rescue your account, do it. That pile of junk is not earning you any cash unless you sell it, do the math and do what's most cost effective.
Really?!?! I didn't come here to be smacked in the face or to be. judged. I came here because I thought it was a place where I could get help from people in a similar situation.

Unless you have been in my position, which you know nothing about, you couldn't possibly begin to understand what $400 is to my family.

I have no intention of "screwing" EB or PP. I literally do not have the $400 to pay the money I owe them. I want to be able to sell again to MAKE the money to pay what I owe them to get my original EB/PP accounts back. I worked really hard for the FB I earned, I am not going to let that go or hold a grudge against them because there were some scammers that knew their way around the rules. If I could rescue it some other way I would, I simply do not have the money.

As for price gauging, it's all a matter of supply and demand. All business operate in that way. I did not force anyone to hit the BIN button, if they didn't like the price they were free to move on. And my junk, well you know how that goes, one man's junk is anothers treasure. I've made a nice honest profit on what you call my "junk" through research and plain old hard work.

Please reserve your judgment for those who's situations you are fully aware of.
Old 05-06-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

@OP, People always have reservations about using stealth details over real details.

I can understand why but trust me, once you have read the Stealth Book and browsed the forum seeing everyone else doing it, your reservations should be gone by then :D

Just start by reading the guide and your options will become clearer

Good luck huckleberry finn!

Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-06-2011 at 07:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
berryfine1 (05-07-2011)
Old 05-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

We have all been there at one time or another.

Let me see if I can try to answer your question...

Your chances of ever getting the real account back are slim to none. As you have stated, you cannot pay the $400 owed and there is no way they would allow you to sell again before that is cleared up.

And, even if you clear it up, they still would not allow you to sell. In their eyes, you pose an unacceptable risk to them. Explaining what happened will not help. They do not care. Plenty of the members here had an original account that had TRS or Powerseller status, or both. Rarely do they reverse their decisions.

I am with you on the supply and demand issue. I do not view this as price gouging. Any time that something is in short supply, prices go up. Some people will try to paint you as a crook who would overcharge some poor innocent parents for a gift for their child. But, the fact is, they have a choice. Cabbage Patch Dolls, Wii game systems, Tickle Me Elmos, and all of those other "must haves" eventually come down in price.

I had a wonderful childhood, and there was a lot of love in my family. Nobody can say they loved their parents more than I loved mine. But I did NOT get everything I wanted at the moment I wanted it. Sometimes it was an affordability issue. Sometimes my parents may have objected to what I wanted on their personal moral grounds. Sometimes I was behaving like a brat and didn't deserve whatever it was that I desired.

Yet, somehow, I managed to survive. :-)

I learned about supply and demand. Price elasticity. Substitution. And most importantly that there are things in life more important that all the crap that they are always trying to sell to you. Now, as an adult, I have to police myself. Some things that I want I buy right away. But more often than not, I think about it first. Will I REALLY get enough use out of it to justify the price? If I wait a few months, will the price drop? Can I afford this right now? Sometimes I have to tell myself NO.

Too many people don't know how to do that anymore. They charge up their credit cards to the max, then take out a second mortgage on their home - THEIR PLACE TO LIVE - to pay for even more junk. Then, they declare bankruptcy and YOU and I end up paying for it.

It is only price gouging if it is something that people NEED. By NEED, I mean something that cannot be done without, that there is no substitute for, that could cause health problems or even death if it is not secured. For example, you get snowed in somewhere, with 30 other people. You have some antibiotics with you. Someone else's kid gets sick and there is a doctor who says the child needs the antibiotics or he will die. But you are the only one who has any. So, you agree to give them to the child in exchange for the family's house and car, plus $10,000. THAT is price gouging. That would be immoral. I would never do anything like that.

Nobody NEEDS a Beanie Baby. So, if I had the last one, and you just absolutely MUST HAVE IT for a Christmas gift, then I will charge you just as much as I can, the more the better. And I will have a clear conscience.

In this case, I do not think the OP is an immoral person. They were trying to earn some money for their family and got in over their head by taking on a product line they did not fully understand how to deal with. The OP has stated that they would like to pay eBay/PayPal back, but currerntly they do not have the funds to do so. That doesn't make them a scammer. That is just bad luck. They have made a mistake, and vowed not to repeat it.

So, to the OP, I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck. Go stealth, pay eBay/PayPal back when you can and take care of your loved ones. You are the kind of person that I LIKE to see get helped by these techniques.

Last edited by jeffweico; 05-06-2011 at 11:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
berryfine1 (05-07-2011)
Old 05-06-2011

Smile

Hi

I understand how you feel - recently been unjustly kicked in the teeth by them too amd there's probably more bad news to come too

But if you buy the guide and search on here/ ask the right questions (sometimes its neccessary to pm someone if its sensitive or very valuable to us stealths), you feel better once you get to.... well.... i'd say page 10.

It's tricky at first - i still have loads of questions - but if you follow the guide - to a T - you should be ok.
Its not gonna be ideal - but whats the alternative - let them win??

You will not manage to succeed without it and will be smiling all the way through reading it!

Regarding your old acc - I doubt very much that you will be re-instated. They just dont give a s**t - dont need you - have enough sellers & buyers now. Best to move on and don't look back.

Maybe one day - a E;B miracle will happen and it's reinstated - but it's not going to be in the near future - you have bills to pay - like many of us, a family to feed, take the approach - by any means neccessary and do not short cut anywhere!!

Good Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NotAHappyBunny For This Useful Post:
berryfine1 (05-07-2011), GreenBean (05-08-2011)