Just another 100% Feedback sent Packing!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 11-05-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Just another 100% Feedback sent Packing!!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure my story is nothing new, but I was just a couple years into Ebay and really starting to gain some ground when Ebay linked my three accounts and shut me down. 100% Feedback but a lousy 1.25% (Sarcastic) low DSR for item as described got me "Below Average" and slowly I became non-existent.I have purchased the eBay Stealth which has landed me here in the forums .

Can anyone lead me (because im sure someone has posted about this) on how to change your IP when you're a Comcast provider. They say they're Dynamic but it seems very Static. I have logged into my router but am not able to change my WAN MAC address?!?

My other option is that I have access to a VPN Client as I work for a pretty large insurance company so everything is pretty secure. Not sure if Ebay has the ability to break through this VPN as I have logged into my now "Banned" Ebay account before through this VPN.

Anything suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I am super excited there is a forum like this
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Just another 100% Feedback sent Packing!!!

Welcome to the forums.

Rough story to hear but it has been experienced by many of us.

As for your dynamic IP issue...have you turned off the MODEM and turned back on? Not the router....

All the best as you read around. You can also search "Comcast" on the forums for discussion on the service.
Old 11-06-2013

Activity: 35%
Longevity: 81%
Send a message via Skype™ to makavi94

Welcome to the forum.Good luck
Old 11-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 67%

to the forum.

Yes, unfortunately, your story is common so at least you're not alone in that sense.

Quote:
Can anyone lead me (because im sure someone has posted about this) on how to change your IP when you're a Comcast provider. They say they're Dynamic but it seems very Static. I have logged into my router but am not able to change my WAN MAC address?!?
I have Comcast and it works great for stealth. By default, Comcast does provide dynamic IPs (Static IP's cost extra & must be requested).

One big question though, do you have the all-in-one modem provided by Comcast? OR do you have just a modem from Comcast and your personal wifi router connected to it?

If it's the all-in-one, then you will have a difficult time changing the WAN IP of the all-in-one modems (basically you need to configure it into bridge mode, but this usually is done by Comcast).

If you have modem + router, then you're like me and it should be very easy for you to change your IP.

Let us know your setup.
Old 11-06-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums.

Rough story to hear but it has been experienced by many of us.

As for your dynamic IP issue...have you turned off the MODEM and turned back on? Not the router....

All the best as you read around. You can also search "Comcast" on the forums for discussion on the service.
I have turned the modem off an on, no luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to greenko43 For This Useful Post:
rsot (11-07-2013)
Old 11-06-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post
to the forum.

Yes, unfortunately, your story is common so at least you're not alone in that sense.

I have Comcast and it works great for stealth. By default, Comcast does provide dynamic IPs (Static IP's cost extra & must be requested).

One big question though, do you have the all-in-one modem provided by Comcast? OR do you have just a modem from Comcast and your personal wifi router connected to it?

If it's the all-in-one, then you will have a difficult time changing the WAN IP of the all-in-one modems (basically you need to configure it into bridge mode, but this usually is done by Comcast).

If you have modem + router, then you're like me and it should be very easy for you to change your IP.

Let us know your setup.
I have the 2in1 modem and from what I read, this is not good for me. I have purchase a Netgear N150 Router, and now believe this thing is useless to me. Not sure my next steps... I have a Windows 7 Gateway Computer, Ipad, and Work Computer with VPN Client. Not sure which is my best route here?!? I would really like to be able to change my IP at will..lol.
Old 11-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Try investing in a dongle to change IPs quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
MM78 (11-06-2013)